Domain Empire

discuss Some domain name sales you haven’t heard before; Keyword - Robot

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BuyBrandWeb.com

Praveen ChidaboyinaTop Member
Impact
I was reading @equity78's blogpost another day and it is very useful. I thought I can start a similar series since I do a lot of research before purchasing the domain name and I see many sales that were not reported to Namebio.

Note: Timing is very important in domaining and MarketingToday.com sold for 1,500,000 USD in 2005 and 1stbandwidth.com sold for 800,000 USD in 2000 but these domains lost the value and it might be valued right now at less than 10% from the last sold price! Godaddy does not show the date when it sold so some sales might be from 2005's or before. These are for your reference only.

@Paul Nicks @Joe Styler It would be great if Godaddy shows the date of the sale!

Here are the 20 sales that were not reported to Namebio & Sales price > = 2000 USD (Source: Godaddy)

eRobot.com $10,800
RobotNews.com $4,280
RobotMall.com $7,200
RobotMagazine.com $4,800
RobotAgent.com $6,250
RobotArm.com $5,738 (it seems this domain name sold twice but Namebio recorded 1,134 USD sale/2016-06-06/GoDaddy)
RobotJob.com $3,495
RobotAccessories.com $2,500
RobotPros.com $2,500
RobotNinjas.com $2,000
RobotQuest.com $2,875
RobotHive.com $2,595
RobotForge.com $2,500
RobotManager.com $2,499
RobotAdvisor.com $2,295
RobotAge.com $2,500
Robot.club $2,550
RobotDirectory.com $2,529
Robot.co $12,000 (Robots.co sold for 7,000 USD and recorded on Namebio)
RobotReviews.com $2,000

You're always welcome to add any sales if I miss it here. Please be stick to the Robot keyword.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nice thread Praveen, thanks for sharing.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Maybe post it in the Robot thread as well. Some nice sales in there. I'm currently in negotiations with one of my Robot names. Fingers crossed. 😉
Just posted there.

•••
•••
There may be sales where the word is just "robo" but the meaning is robot I'd guess.
I see more sales for the keywords like Robo, Robotics but I didn't include it here. I might work on those keywords another day.

•••
There may be sales for the keyword "bot" which means web robot. It would be great if you can also provide a list of the "bot" sales not reported in Namebio.

•••
I was reading @equity78's blogpost another day and it is very useful. I thought I can start a similar series since I do a lot of research before purchasing the domain name and I see many sales that were not reported to Namebio.

Note: Timing is very important in domaining and MarketingToday.com sold for 1,500,000 USD in 2005 and 1stbandwidth.com sold for 800,000 USD in 2000 but these domains lost the value and it might be valued right now at less than 10% from the last sold price! Godaddy does not show the date when it sold so some sales might be from 2005's or before. These are for your reference only.

@Paul Nicks @Joe Styler It would be great if Godaddy shows the date of the sale!

Here are the 20 sales that were not reported to Namebio & Sales price > = 2000 USD (Source: Godaddy)

eRobot.com $10,800
RobotNews.com $4,280
RobotMall.com $7,200
RobotMagazine.com $4,800
RobotAgent.com $6,250
RobotArm.com $5,738 (it seems this domain name sold twice but Namebio recorded 1,134 USD sale/2016-06-06/GoDaddy)
RobotJob.com $3,495
RobotPros.com $2,500
RobotNinjas.com $2,000
RobotQuest.com $2,875
RobotHive.com $2,595
RobotForge.com $2,500
RobotManager.com $2,499
RobotAdvisor.com $2,295
RobotAge.com $2,500
Robot.club $2,550
RobotReviews.com $2,000

You're always welcome to add any sales if I miss it here. Please be stick to the Robot keyword.
These are provided as a way to comparable sales. Please do not compile lists of domains that were sold and share them publicly. We do not share this data for that purpose.

•••
Maybe listen to Joe guys, because all that is going to happen is godaddy is going to stop sharing that data, and it will only put you at a disadvantage. As Godaddy doesn't want these buyers spammed with garbage domains, as they are going to figure out the source, and it will cost everyone business.

•••
These are provided as a way to comparable sales. Please do not compile lists of domains that were sold and share them publicly. We do not share this data for that purpose.
*squints*

Yep, I am reading this correctly.

•••
Maybe listen to Joe guys, because all that is going to happen is godaddy is going to stop sharing that data, and it will only put you at a disadvantage. As Godaddy doesn't want these buyers spammed with garbage domains, as they are going to figure out the source, and it will cost everyone business.
But they will quote arbitrary auto-appraisals for your domains, gladly, without your permission.

GoDaddy has made their bed and it's very cute that they're being choosy how data displayed should be shared.

Last edited:
•••
But they will quote arbitrary auto-appraisals for your domains, gladly, without your permission.

GoDaddy has made their bed and it's very cute that they're being choosy how that data should be shared.

But they can't once data is out there it's out there.

•••
But they can't once data is out there it's out there.
Funny, right?

Sales data has infinitely more validity than auto appraisals, yet it's stifled?

•••
https://www.pinsentmasons.com/out-law/guides/database-rights-the-basics

Database rights are for an original creation that took some substantial investment to create. Not sure that GD just presenting their existing sales data on their site is an original creation or takes any investment. Also if GD pays someone else to create a database, by default the database creator has the right to it unless the contract specified otherwise.

You can own a database but not data itself.

•••

But if people are compiling lists and sharing them, they have the same purpose as you, which you call "a way to comparable sales." The difference is, they are providing this at a venue other than Godaddy and doing it in a more usable way, in other words, improving it.

•••

eRobot.com $10,800
RobotNews.com $4,280
RobotMall.com $7,200
RobotMagazine.com $4,800
RobotAgent.com $6,250
RobotJob.com $3,495
RobotPros.com $2,500
RobotNinjas.com $2,000
RobotQuest.com $2,875
RobotHive.com $2,595
RobotForge.com $2,500
RobotManager.com $2,499
RobotAdvisor.com $2,295
RobotAge.com $2,500
Robot.club $2,550
RobotReviews.com $2,000

Cool. Robot is part of the tech of the future like AI. I predict more related sales to surface in future too

•••

eRobot.com $10,800
RobotNews.com $4,280
RobotMall.com $7,200
RobotMagazine.com $4,800
RobotAgent.com $6,250
RobotJob.com $3,495
RobotPros.com $2,500
RobotNinjas.com $2,000
RobotQuest.com $2,875
RobotHive.com $2,595
RobotForge.com $2,500
RobotManager.com $2,499
RobotAdvisor.com $2,295
RobotAge.com $2,500
Robot.club $2,550
RobotReviews.com $2,000

Robot.co sold for $12000

Goodnews for my BioRobot.co

•••
Robot.co sold for $12000

Goodnews for my BioRobot.co
Sorry to say that is a night, and day comparison, it wouldn’t even yield 1% of that valuation based on sales standards with one off buyers, and robot in a single word generic is a category killer word, add another word, and you are nothing more than average.

•••
Cant hurt to always use separation when posting names . To avoid Google crawl.

As for restrictions nah. This entire monopolized market is based on taking advantage of all data anyway possible.

As for OP subject
Thank you. Shines some light on a keyword I thought had less value. Robot it is.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks Praveen..
Good data...very useful one.

@BuyBrandWeb.com

It will be great to see other keywords data too...if you came across..

Thanks,
Ravi

•••

This sounds totally unfair and sounds ridiculous to request not to compile such lists....when you are using the same data for similar purpose... I.e. giving info of valuable keywords and appraisal values based on those sales.

I don't see any harm and any way to stop this... considering it is being used by millions and available for free.

What am I missing here...

Thanks,
Ravi

•••
Godaddy - Dog chasing it's tail.

•••
This sounds totally unfair and sounds ridiculous to request not to compile such lists....when you are using the same data for similar purpose... I.e. giving info of valuable keywords and appraisal values based on those sales.

I don't see any harm and any way to stop this... considering it is being used by millions and available for free.

What am I missing here...

Thanks,
Ravi
I don't wanna make the things more complicated here and this is my last post in this thread.

Godaddy uses Sedo's reported sales in Godaddy's appraisal tool so they collect the information from the industry but they don't want to contribute to the industry and how fair they are! @Joe Styler @equity78 Do you think is it a fair game?

I have found many Sedo sales are showing in Godaddy's comparable section.
Eg: liferobotics.com, servicerobots.com, littlerobot.com
upload_2020-1-13_23-56-38.png

upload_2020-1-14_0-0-0.png

upload_2020-1-14_0-0-49.png

upload_2020-1-13_23-56-25.png

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back