domains Sold for $175,000 last April My.Life is now a successful meditation app

NameSilo
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
One year ago The big news in the new gtld space was the $175,000 sale of My.life. The domain was purchased for $100,000 up front and the other $75,000 due by the end of the year. This is the largest .life sale ever reported. MyLife.com is a developed website that has had some problems with […]

Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
mylife.com will gets a massive traffic lol

•••
or my / life will get massive traffic - this can go both ways :)

in addition, my / life is a startup, while mylife / com is long-established ... IF there is some traffic spill, the chances are new gTLD will benefit in this case (just because there is much more traffic to spill from .com version than from new gTLD version). Afaik.

The traffic spill significance from a business point of view will be miniscule in this case, cause both websites serve very different things, so the traffic spill will not convert anyway.

•••

I hope not. That website is toxic. They have faced endless lawsuits for the way they have used and manipulated data.

In reality though MyLife.com is a very popular website. I don't think any traffic bleed would be beneficial for either party.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
That's the beauty of domaining. Each and Every Domain Has value with right buyer.

•••
An incredible name. Not surprised it's sold for that much. Thank you for sharing!

•••
•••
I hope not. That website is toxic. They have faced endless lawsuits for the way they have used and manipulated data.

In reality though MyLife.com is a very popular website. I don't think any traffic bleed would be beneficial for either party.

Brad

Exactly as I pointed out in the article MyLife.com has a lot of problems. Which makes me wonder if I owned My.Life would I love my name? Because you know people will just be non diligent. Is My Life any good? Meaning the meditation app and someone else replies, "No they are a scam" So having the .com not be a good citizen might hurt your brand a tad. Not saying change names. But I wondered that while researching the article.

•••
so report of new // life in 2020 is cheaper than this?

•••

or my / life will get massive traffic - this can go both ways :)

in addition, my / life is a startup, while mylife / com is long-established ... IF there is some traffic spill, the chances are new gTLD will benefit in this case (just because there is much more traffic to spill from .com version than from new gTLD version). Afaik.

The traffic spill significance from a business point of view will be miniscule in this case, cause both websites serve very different things, so the traffic spill will not convert anyway.
It will only be minuscule because it gets no traffic...

upload_2021-4-27_11-8-32.png

•••
Maybe they took the name my.life hoping people first go to mylife? Once they go there they might need mediation a lot more

•••
I dig it. Hopefully they bring more meditation into the world and help many people.

•••
To be fair My.Life would not be as focused on traffic as the app is where the action is at for the company.

•••
Autism.Rocks was a fake $100,000 ngtld sale.

Great news! Appears “My.Life” 175K 1 wasnt.

Regardless, “My.Life” still worth $0 to me.
i like “MyLife.com” more, likely be cheaper too.

Last edited:
•••
Congrats to those two ladies.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back