Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

LiamShiff

Established Member
Impact
sold it for $105 on GD auctions.
Opinions?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm not sure that I see the end-user potential - so I'd be happy with it!

Congratulations :)

•••
•••
I'm not sure that I see the end-user potential - so I'd be happy with it!

Congratulations :)
Exactly my reaction :) the purchase was not very well thought but it ended up being sold

•••
sold definitely at a loss in my opinion, I would think it was worth at least $2000 & more depending on the buyer... it could've maybe been a product for people who have a very high metabolism and can't seem to put on any weight... opposite of a weight loss pill / program.

Or money-wise, having a "fat wallet" means having alot of cash, FATNER could've also been a money making program or business.

Or isolation material for housing, FATNER implying that it makes the protection thicker.

That being said if you buy 8-10 good names with the money you got, then maybe you can make much more

Last edited:
•••
thats actually a dictionary word.. of course that means nothing cause not all dict words have auto value

however for this one I'd rather hangon to it for couple years rather than make $70 on it.. after fees and renewal etc.. assuming its handreg.

oh well.. done is done.. but I am confident new owner will make more roi than you if hes reseller.

•••
@alcy, hey buddy, actually the real term is Fattener, FATNER is more of a brandable version of it.

•••
Last edited:
•••
.... I'm always weary of "the free dictionary" type links. Personally I always check on www.dictionary.com, it seems more legit to me

•••
@alcy, hey buddy, actually the real term is Fattener, FATNER is more of a brandable version of it.
Fatner is made out of Patner and I think the buyer is a domainer for sure.

•••
•••
what did you buy it for?

•••
it could've maybe been a product for people who have a very high metabolism and can't seem to put on any weight... opposite of a weight loss pill / program.
Was exactly my first reaction.

Then realized it was the obsolete version of Fattener as @alcy mentioned.

I mostly bought it because it was short and pronounceable and a "somewhat" dictionary word.

what did you buy it for?
Hang reg fee

•••
sold definitely at a loss in my opinion, I would think it was worth at least $2000 & more depending on the buyer...
I knew it was brandable but did not know which end users to contact as I was still new to domaining... how would you suggest going about it with a name like that?

•••
The thing with brandables is patience; you have to wait for them to contact you. In the meanwhile to list on sedo, afternic, godaddy and if you can, your own landing page (efty, bodis, etc..) Some brandables with keywords can be outbounded on, but the rest, like fatner, they have to reach you.. not an easy quick flip, but if you have enough good names, offers become regular

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back