IT.COM

.com Sold 3L chip today for 100k USD

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Just completed sale with ename broker Ivy for 100,000 USD. Should get reported in DNjournal. Was for XYB(.)com. It will be a shortening of a pinyin phrase.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just completed sale with ename broker Ivy for 100,000 USD

Congratulations!!! Thanks for letting us know...inspiration is a good thing!

•••
•••
I cannot be more sincere when I say I am truly happy for you.

I wish similar success upon all my friends at namePros.

•••
Just completed sale with ename broker Ivy for 100,000 USD. Should get reported in DNjournal. Was for XYB(.)com. It will be a shortening of a pinyin phrase.

Congratulations on the sale. Nice work.

•••
Open another good bag of chips!

Congratulations on your acquisition and sale!

•••
•••
Xiao long Bao. Which is a very famous type of food which has many restaurants in every town in China.

didn't get that one. Where comes the "Y"?

anyway, congrats on the sale!

can you tell if the buyer approached you using Ename's broker or did you listed it for sale on Ename?

•••
•••
•••
Covent Gardens and then Browns hotel NOW if you are around London
I recommend Joe Alan's or Orsos but be quick, I hear they won't be round much longer!

•••
•••
You spotted it!
Xiao Long Bao (小笼包 = steamed dumpling) => XLB
I think you maybe right Kassey a shortner for Xin Yong Bao I may have missed heard and thought there was a different spelling ie Cantonese that would account for the L.
But it's not the first time I've had a conversation were a 3L is being used as a shortened for a 3 word pinyin phrase rather than an acronym that traditionally used in the west for a brand shortener.
It's the point being in China 3L .coms offer more versatility more uses in China and may go some way to explain why chips have increased in value so much even taken into account the drop in 2016 as they have more uses. I'm sure you can explain it better than me and the end user will use it as a forwarder in the short term so it will all become clear.
Zhongguo hen nan. My very basic Chinese

Last edited:
•••

anyway, congrats on the sale!

can you tell if the buyer approached you using Ename's broker or did you listed it for sale on Ename?
Well spotted Tonecas

Was approached by buyer through a broker. It went on for about 3 months and they went through a number of brokers but I think when they realised the answer was the same every time they pulled the trigger.

•••

I was going to ask the same question about the 'Z' that's missing in this case :)

Last edited:
•••
Well spotted Tonecas

Was approached by buyer through a broker. It went on for about 3 months and they went through a number of brokers but I think when they realised the answer was the same every time they pulled the trigger.
congrats! way to stay firm and hold out instead of discounting.

•••
Wow! Good to hear this at this time of the day! Congrats, cheers and good morning.

Last edited:
•••
congrats! way to stay firm and hold out instead of discounting.

They initially offered some where in the region of 50k and I made a decision that this year I would not sell any 3L under 100k, though it's easy to do when you don't need the money.
This may change though if I had another asset I want to invest into, I may accept anything above 10% of wholesale value. I price given my personal circumstances at the time, rather than a Schwartz strategy of always holding out for big bucks.

•••
•••
•••
They initially offered some where in the region of 50k and I made a decision that this year I would not sell any 3L under 100k, though it's easy to do when you don't need the money.
This may change though if I had another asset I want to invest into, I may accept anything above 10% of wholesale value. I price given my personal circumstances at the time, rather than a Schwartz strategy of always holding out for big bucks.

Congrats on the sale! I have a similar strategy, when not in need of funds I tend to be strict with my rules. Looks like I haven't waited long enough with my chip LLL, sold it at $31.5k 2 years ago, just before the peak of the chip boom.

•••
•••
Congrats, would be great to know how long you owned it.

•••
•••
•••
Great, patience is the key.
For 13 years I was told it was worth little because it was a non premium. But I always thought it was great for China and come the chip explosion in 2014 2015 everyone had to re Calibrate what was premium

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back