Dynadot

Social Network Platform Help

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello everyone,
I am reaching out to find out what software is the best social networking?
Something like myspace, facebook, ning etc. This software can be free, or cost, just want to know what is the best. This platform will need to be hosted on my server (so not ning).

Thank you in advance for your help.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
Social Networking

Building a social networking website is not easy!

1. Ask yourself the question why would anyone come to my site more then another or more then facebook ?? Your website has to be different and usefull.

2. Get the right script for you. Try to shop around. Boonex had some security issues , SocialEngine is a great script too, and there is 100`s of those scripts out there. Just brows the net and read the pro and cons about them and try there demo.

3. You then have to buy the script which can be costly. You probably have to invest a few 100$ if you want to stay legal.

4. Customisation.You will need to customize your site. This might take a lot more work then you think. You wil probably need photoshop and a bit of php knowledge.

5. You will have to promote your site. This can be a challenge

I did a few social networking sites of my own and used socialengine. I am now learning how to program in Ruby on Rails in order to make my own social networking site myself from scratch.

•••

One of most important thing in any social networking site is the user friendliness like in ORKUT it is a very user friendliness.
And of course the marketing, means Search Engine Optimization.

Resale Rights E-books|Master Resale Rights

•••
Facebook is good, and also Twitter is good, and you can place it on your site. The reputation of your site won't be on stake for that.

•••
ou can start studying other similar applications available like ELGG. Adobe Creative Suit is not going to help you out in creating Logic for your SN site.

Elgg is an open-source social web application licensed under GPL version 2, and runs on the LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP) or WAMP (Windows, Apache, MySQL, PHP) platform. It offers a networking platform combining elements of blogging, e-portfolios, news feed aggregation, file sharing, and social networking.

People and company now a days depends on creating social networking website based on some FRAMEWORK and CAKEPHP can be a excellent framework to start with. We creatd few SN sites using CakePHP Framework.

Hope this help !

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back