IT.COM

domain soccer teams dot club

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Does this portfolio has any value

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • No

votes
    100.0%
  • Yes, less than $10 per name

votes
    0.0%
  • Yes, more than $10 per name

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

mrwebmaster

Established Member
Impact
  1. coloradorapids.club
  2. columbuscrew.club
  3. fcingolstadt.club
  4. gambaosaka.club
  5. montrealimpact.club
  6. newenglandrevolution.club
  7. philadelphiaunion.club
  8. realunion.club
  9. sanfrecce.club
  10. torontofc.club
  11. verdy.club
  12. viktoria1904.club
What do you think about this portfolio? Does it have any value?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not really. There are a few in there that are brandable, but they are .clubs

•••
Except for realunion.club, everything else is available in dot com

coloradorapidsclub.com
columbuscrewclub.com
fcingolstadtclub.com
gambaosakaclub.com
montrealimpactclub.com
newenglandrevolutionclub.com
philadelphiaunionclub.com
sanfrecceclub.com
torontofcclub.com
verdyclub.com
viktoria1904club.com

Feels regfee

Good Luck

•••
I agree with regfee here as well since forum rules require that as minimum....

I haven't looked into them, but those that are actual club names are also prime TM targets (even if the team doesn't have a registered TM its still a pretty clear violation of a tradename/unregistered TM) and should be dropped (i.e., Columbus Crew which DOES have a registered TM as well.... I recognize some names, but am not up on all my teams so don't know if they are all real teams or just some of them..)

•••
actual club names are also prime TM targets (even if the team doesn't have a registered TM its still a pretty clear violation of a tradename/unregistered TM) and should be dropped
Thanks! Can a .club domain be a trademark target even after sunrise period? (I assume yes, but I'm not sure)

•••
Thanks! Can a .club domain be a trademark target even after sunrise period? (I assume yes, but I'm not sure)

Any domain can be a TM target if it infringes on a TM (registered is more likely but also unregistered).... doesn't matter if in or after sunrise period. Now, if you bought the domain BEFORE they registered/used a TM, you would be fine as long as you didn't do things to indicate bad faith (such as reaching out to them to sell, etc), but that wouldn't be the case here and predicting the names of new soccer clubs before they become a soccer club is probably nigh impossible without insider info..

•••
Any domain can be a TM target if it infringes on a TM (registered is more likely but also unregistered).... doesn't matter if in or after sunrise period. Now, if you bought the domain BEFORE they registered/used a TM, you would be fine as long as you didn't do things to indicate bad faith (such as reaching out to them to sell, etc), but that wouldn't be the case here and predicting the names of new soccer clubs before they become a soccer club is probably nigh impossible without insider info..
They are all actual soccer clubs, for example:

verdy.club -> http://www.verdy.co.jp
but there is also: http://www.verdiclub.net/ (VENUE for Weddings, Banquets, Events, Concerts, Dance and Conference Hall Rental)

gambaosaka.club -> gamba-osaka.net

philadelphiaunion.club -> philadelphiaunion.com

Does it mean that I should delete this domains?

•••
They are all actual soccer clubs, for example:

verdy.club -> http://www.verdy.co.jp
but there is also: http://www.verdiclub.net/ (VENUE for Weddings, Banquets, Events, Concerts, Dance and Conference Hall Rental)

gambaosaka.club -> gamba-osaka.net

philadelphiaunion.club -> philadelphiaunion.com

Does it mean that I should delete this domains?

Personally I would - they all infringe on TMs and you could lose them. Now people will always point out that people build sites with TMs all the time, but me personally I don't like to put time into something that can be lost/wasted in an instant. Also, resell value is killed due to TM - serious ($$$) buyers will avoid them unless there is something to make it worth their while (aka, super premium, traffic, etc)....

Even without TMs, I see little if any value in them, so adding TMs to the mix, I would delete them and read a bit more. NamePros is a great community and there are many people here that are willing to help guide you! :)

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back