IT.COM

So its official DomainerMeeting are clueless

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Rubber Duck

Account Closed
Impact
Final list is out, and amongst the handful of IDN domains they have selected aretwo Symbol domains for Copyright and Registered Trademark that are unlikely to resolve in the very near future and are therefore worthless. The adoption of Unicode 5 for Nameprep, almost certainly means these domains will become redundant and probably deleted as well.

If you don't read and you don't listen you end up know zip about anything! Well done boys, you have just won the plonker of the month award!

Frankly they would be better off trying to Pin the Tail on the Donkey!

Mind you, you might have thought Moniker would try to put them straight for the their 15% cut, or perhaps they don't care where the cash comes from?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
from what i understand they also put a name in- that is currently in redemption period- i guess if it sells, the owner will renew :lol:

•••
Is there a link to view their Auction cue?

•••
•••
To save you time wading through the list, the four contenders are:

amérique.com
belgië.com
français.com
россия.net

All of them are geos.

The rest will probably be placed in the extended auction.

•••
Who is firstplace and why do they have the top spots for idn

•••
The order probably won't be known until the day of the auction.

The reason these ones made the list is probably because:

1. they are (with the exception of one) French, and since the auction is being held in Paris, they are thought to hold the most interest; and

2. geo-names are what not-too-bright novices most readily associate with IDNs (foreign languages = foreign countries)

•••
no the idns selected are all owned by "Firstplace"

•••
As I look through the list I am seeing some other IDNs....

like reisebüros.de

brío.com

perhaps there are still more to come....let's keep our fingers crossed!

•••
Phio said:
brío.com
Word with hardly any results in google with the " " and registered a few months ago...

•••
domain_trader said:
To save you time wading through the list, the four contenders are:

amérique.com
belgië.com
français.com
россия.net

All of them are geos.

The rest will probably be placed in the extended auction.

All the IDN are in the extended Auction. None made Live Auction as far as I can see.

•••
That wouldn't make sense.... This is being taken place in France where people speak french.......

LOL what are they gonna have? Mail.fr ? :P

•••
brío.com

brío
brí·o Masculine - Noun - Singular

1. zest, courage, energy, pep, strength, valor, animation, dash, mettle, nerve, snap, spirit, verve, vigor, brio, briskness, get-up-and-go, git-go, pizzaz, pizzazz, spiritedness, valour;

(yes I finally got one in!)

%%-

source: http://www.wordmagicsoft.com/dictionary/es-en/br%EDo.php

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back