Dynadot

poll So I now domain on fone only

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

which device u domain from

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • fone

• desktop

• laptop

• tablet

• mix

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.

alcy

Top Member
Impact
ive been on desktop since 2015 when i started domains..then on laptop since 2019...and now due to new updates of.cloudready screwing my laptop wifi...i said screw u laptop and cloudready...and went asus zenfone...the older model...great battery etc... this my first fone ever..im old school..i guess there are better and faster...any hints? plz vote and talk how u domain and why... best tools etc...i love idea of entire domaining on the go in palm of me hand... even if bit tougher on eyes..slower than kwyboars and mouse..i guess in the end we all understand the portability and mobility of fones is just unbeatable

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
trust me if u use something for 20 to 30yrs its cause u do enjoy it... i guess the need for more mobility first made me switch to laptop...then cloudready os messing my wifi with their new updates made me switch to fone... but even without mobility needs..there is something amazing about typing this while waiting for cofee in kitchen...vs being bound to desktop... or bit less but also to laptop ..really with each passing day on fone im wondering why i was denying myself all this freedom and portability... a huge heavy deaktop stuck in one place..really... why... i now hold the world and the net in my hand...everywhere i go... i mean how is this possibly beatable

You may regret it in a few years when you realize that you have become addicted to that smart-phone and cannot go an hour without checking on it ;)

•••
You may regret it in a few years when you realize that you have become addicted to that smart-phone and cannot go an hour without checking on it ;)

haha... im not so good at getting addicted to things easily..unlike many today... in fact as i said since using fone i spend less time online than b4.... :)

•••
Most of the things related to domaining can be done on both. Some of them require a desktop/laptop. That exclusivity is decreasing day by day for me. I believe in 2 years time I'll be fully comfortable using phone only.

•••
I Used to do domaining in a Workstation with 2 Monitors, But Now I use 2 laptops . And I use phone to get a reminders about an up coming auction and of course to see if I got an email.

20190406-215818.jpg

Last edited:
•••
I avoid checking things on my smartphone, its addictive...

•••
Use a notebook once in a while,
Not if you use it for a long time

•••
Use a notebook once in a while,
Not if you use it for a long time

I agree - my handwriting is suffering lately, so I try and take everyday notes on a pad of paper.
I also keep important account details backed up in a note-book because something could go drastically wrong with my digital-data storage one day.

•••
wow.. the ol school me just discovered i can click keyboard icon and switch to voice.. no more tiny crap fone keyboard typing. now im gonna be talking. expect long posts.. even fuller of errors! :P

•••
easier to search thru tower using phone / tablet... especially if dual screen.

harder / impossible to do spreadsheets and domain management with phone/tablet... so that, imho, requires desktop/laptop. Preferrably a keyboard. Built-in laptop keyboards and built-in laptop mice are not easy to use for spreadsheets.

•••
easier to search thru tower using phone / tablet... especially if dual screen.

harder / impossible to do spreadsheets and domain management with phone/tablet... so that, imho, requires desktop/laptop. Preferrably a keyboard. Built-in laptop keyboards and built-in laptop mice are not easy to use for spreadsheets.

i 100% confrm google spreadsheets not impossible on fone :)

they are also actually real great with wifi mouse on laptop... but of course nothing will beat doing those on nice 25" desktop or such size like that..

still... the average joe with < 1000 names... how often do we spreadsheet.. not so much.. 10k names is different story... im with round 1k names now and find on fone i just get bit more picky and personal with my names/renewals too... take more time to evaluate things etc.. cuase its more of a one to one basis as I slowly scroll thru the folio on fone.

•••
I use a laptop but its usually hooked up to a keyboard and monitor at my desk....there is something oddly satisfying about filling a 34" ultramodern monitor with research to pick names. I couldn't deal with the limited screen real-estate on a phone for research.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back