Dynadot

poll So I now domain on fone only

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

which device u domain from

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • fone

• desktop

• laptop

• tablet

• mix

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.

alcy

Top Member
Impact
ive been on desktop since 2015 when i started domains..then on laptop since 2019...and now due to new updates of.cloudready screwing my laptop wifi...i said screw u laptop and cloudready...and went asus zenfone...the older model...great battery etc... this my first fone ever..im old school..i guess there are better and faster...any hints? plz vote and talk how u domain and why... best tools etc...i love idea of entire domaining on the go in palm of me hand... even if bit tougher on eyes..slower than kwyboars and mouse..i guess in the end we all understand the portability and mobility of fones is just unbeatable

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Heck ya!
In fact, practically anything tech related can wait till I get home.. lol.

If necessary, I carry a tiny mobile phone from 2005 around with me that literally takes up less space in my pocket than my keys. It's rarely on, and when I get home my wife is always like "didn't you get my text??"
I understand. I only just got rid of my tiny SonyErricson that was close to 20 years old.
It's weird. Now that 'Dick Tracy' phones are a thing, I'm not all that interested.

•••
The only time I use a phone for domaining is to set a timer when I need to be at my desktop/laptop for an auction.

•••
ty for input
looks like laptop and mix winning

still we cant deny that most around world today rely solely on fones for internet....

i guess probably not most domainers though
hahha

•••
I wouldn't use mobile the most unsecured service.

•••
I use smartphone/tablet while searching random domains in auctions/expired list.
but when it comes to serious buying/registering then my only choice is desktop. I've a big 27 inch screen

•••
I use smartphone/tablet while searching random domains in auctions/expired list.
but when it comes to serious buying/registering then my only choice is desktop. I've a big 27 inch screen
And they said size didn't matter.

•••
I wouldn't use mobile the most unsecured service.

most world uses mobile only. just not most domainers from looks of it.... android is more secure than windows....but in the end security depends where u connect to internet....

•••
•••
I guess no one does serious business on tablets - especially buying expensive domains.
All shades of toy phones simply not an option.

Last edited:
•••
I guess no one does serious business on tablets - especially buying expensive domains.
39 votes is hardly indicative of the wider community ;)
I take all polls with a grain of salt.

•••
I do it on my laptop 90% compared to 10% on phone but both are good all the samew.

•••
I do it on my laptop 90% compared to 10% on phone but both are good all the same but gravitating more towards my smartphone..

Last edited:
•••
39 votes is hardly indicative of the wider community ;)
I take all polls with a grain of salt.

true..but for now its all we got

still its entirely possible most domainers are not using fones only ... i wouldnt blame...its a lot of reading. typing...fones not ideal for it. but domains are inherently mobile and remote jobs and ventures thus for many fones will be most proper and natural thing for it.. no matter our preference none can deny there is nothing more portable than a fone

•••
true..but for now its all we got

still its entirely possible most domainers are not using fones only ... i wouldnt blame...its a lot of reading. typing...fones not ideal for it. but domains are inherently mobile and remote jobs and ventures thus for many fones will be most proper and natural thing for it.. no matter our preference none can deny there is nothing more portable than a fone

There are too many variables to consider.

You would need to query a percentage of all domainers across multiple platforms and forums, from all backgrounds (countries, languages, socioeconomic groups etc.) and ages.

The results from this poll are only from a handful of people who have chosen to respond in the last couple of days. You might get a totally different response if you asked this same question here this weekend when a different group of people are available to answer.

Don't read too much into it. ;)

Edit: You might try asking the executives from Godaddy, Sedo, and some of the chinese platforms etc and then collate those results.

@Bob Hawkes is the master analyst here. He may be able to provide some analytics insights into this from the data he has access to.

Last edited:
•••
I only use my laptop atm. I sometimes buy domains from my phone. Most of it is through my laptop.

•••
I don't use my "fone"

I use some old broken calculators, some broken screen smartphones and my fridge connected as cloud to host my website and I like to call it a "cloud"

Anyway back to the topic. I use Desktop PC. Nothing beats it yet.

•••
There are too many variables to consider.

You would need to query a percentage of all domainers across multiple platforms and forums, from all backgrounds (countries, languages, socioeconomic groups etc.) and ages.

The results from this poll are only from a handful of people who have chosen to respond in the last couple of days. You might get a totally different response if you asked this same question here this weekend when a different group of people are available to answer.

Don't read too much into it. ;)

Edit: You might try asking the executives from Godaddy, Sedo, and some of the chinese platforms etc and then collate those results.

@Bob Hawkes is the master analyst here. He may be able to provide some analytics insights into this from the data he has access to.

yep not reading too much into it...just having fun as always discussing abd hearing views...im just an ol school desktop guy who used deaktop 30 yrs straight his life. then laptop for year or 2 .. and bought first cellphone like 2 yrs back... only to use it full time first following these laptop issues... so thia thread kinda expresses how pleasantly surprised i am by something i hesitated using for ao long..a fone..without really giving it proper try... deapite typing and reading negatives of a fone im going to stick with it for all other advantages... and im glad to say it aftr now trying all devices...

•••
yep not reading too much into it...just having fun as always discussing abd hearing views...im just an ol school desktop guy who used deaktop 30 yrs straight his life. then laptop for year or 2 .. and bought first cellphone like 2 yrs back... only to use it full time first following these laptop issues... so thia thread kinda expresses how pleasantly surprised i am by something i hesitated using for ao long..a fone..without really giving it proper try... deapite typing and reading negatives of a fone im going to stick with it for all other advantages... and im glad to say it aftr now trying all devices...

You sound similar to myself in many ways - happily old school :)

I find that smart-phones are too small and fiddly personally - and my eyes are not so good anymore.

If you are liking the smart-phone, give a tablet a whirl.
I tried one recently and they are basically a phone with a much bigger screen. It may be just what you are looking for :)

Edit: especially for typing with because the virtual keyboard is larger, and you can always connect a full-size keyboard via bluetooth.

Last edited:
•••
You sound similar to myself in many ways - happily old school :)

I find that smart-phones are too small and fiddly personally - and my eyes are not so good anymore.

If you are liking the smart-phone, give a tablet a whirl.
I tried one recently and they are basically a phone with a much bigger screen. It may be just what you are looking for :)

yes there are always tradeoffs...but i find i use fone much less also...than other devices before..just optimizing my time on it more..so i hope the eye impact will balance out... i was way more on my deaktop b4.. doing all kinda things...not all useful...

and yes...tablet is sonerhing i will consider...less portable but bigger screen...always tradeoffs... hope they got tablets now that serve as fone too..simcard and all

•••
p.s i say all these nice things about fone having a relatively cheap fone... asus zenfone the very first gen... im sure there is way worse...but also way better... so in future my fone experience on better fone will be more efficient and enjoyable...

i think one thing we can all agree..is future is all about smaetphones... its unlikely theyll be even making deaktopa or laptops say 20yrs from now....heck maybe even 10yrs.....

Last edited:
•••
yes there are always tradeoffs...but i find i use fone much less also...than other devices before..just optimizing my time on it more..so i hope the eye impact will balance out... i was way more on my deaktop b4.. doing all kinda things...not all useful...

and yes...tablet is sonerhing i will consider...less portable but bigger screen...always tradeoffs... hope they got tablets now that serve as fone too..simcard and all

Yes you can get versions that take sim-cards, but I don't know how well they function as phones.

•••
•••
•••
i think one thing we can all agree..is future is all about smaetphones... its unlikely theyll be even making deaktopa or laptops say 20yrs from now....heck maybe even 10yrs.....
Well sounds to me even though you used a PC for 20 years, you didn't necessarily enjoy it. If that's the case, then yep mobile is the way for you.

Power users will never let the PC go obsolete, lol. Besides, we need stuff bigger, not smaller in terms of visualization. Otherwise, perhaps reconsider how much you truly do enjoy tech..

So if anything, mobile screens will give way to cute little holo, and desktops to sweet sweet haptic.

•••
Well sounds to me even though you used a PC for 20 years, you didn't necessarily enjoy it. If that's the case, then yep mobile is the way for you.

Power users will never let the PC go obsolete, lol. Besides, we need stuff bigger, not smaller in terms of visualization. Otherwise, perhaps reconsider how much you truly do enjoy tech..

So if anything, mobile screens will give way to cute little holo, and desktops to sweet sweet haptic.

trust me if u use something for 20 to 30yrs its cause u do enjoy it... i guess the need for more mobility first made me switch to laptop...then cloudready os messing my wifi with their new updates made me switch to fone... but even without mobility needs..there is something amazing about typing this while waiting for cofee in kitchen...vs being bound to desktop... or bit less but also to laptop ..really with each passing day on fone im wondering why i was denying myself all this freedom and portability... a huge heavy deaktop stuck in one place..really... why... i now hold the world and the net in my hand...everywhere i go... i mean how is this possibly beatable

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back