Dynadot

So I definitely..,

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

wcpthree

Established Member
Impact
Just spent over an hour with a dictionary in my lap trying to register 1 word domains. No success. I will keep trying though. Please nobobody steal my idea :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just spent over an hour with a dictionary in my lap trying to register 1 word domains. No success. I will keep trying though. Please nobobody steal my idea :)

Sounds like the tawdriest of tasks :) {available but no good}

•••
Lol I was nowhere near the "T's". I'm actually considering buying the new extensions and just sitting on them for a couple of years. Just buy and park, buy and park, rinse and repeat.

•••
Enjoy your hobby.
Then when you are done with the dictionary, move on to:
Roget's Thesaurus.

•••
And do tell us when you find some dictionary word in .COM.

•••
Well you just keep on trying, and don't worry, I'd highly doubt anyone will steal your 'idea'. There hasn't been a single dictionary word of any 'value' not registered for years!!

You may want to keep in mind, just because a 'word' is not registered, means it has any value in the domaining world. What the word means, is where the value is.

•••
I wasn't going through every word. And I don't expect anyone to use my idea as advice, hence the smily face. This is a "community", thats why i joked which i thought was allowed, but I guess my personality doesn't mesh well with certain folks. Sorry if I wasted anyone's time.

•••
I wasn't going through every word. And I don't expect anyone to use my idea as advice, hence the smily face. This is a "community", thats why i joked which i thought was allowed, but I guess my personality doesn't mesh well with certain folks. Sorry if I wasted anyone's time.
Buck up, bucko, and don't be such a Negative Nancy.

Welcome to the community and keep up the good work and for crying out loud, don't be so sensitive!

The first line was just a little old fashioned ribbing, please don't be offended.

•••
Thank you and I wasn't trying to be sensitive. I just didn't think people would take it literal. And not all people umderstand my sense of humor

•••
And I'm a guy can u please at least call me negative nick or nathan ? :)

•••
Ok, duly noted. Though "Negative Nancy" has some history on this forum, but I won't bore you with that story.

•••
You may want to keep in mind, just because a 'word' is not registered, means it has any value in the domaining world. What the word means, is where the value is.

Does this still hold true for non-english one word (dot coms)?

ie. Zupki.com (soups in Polish) or Sponzori.com (Sponsors in Bosnian)

Last edited:
•••
@Grilled Jesus: Polish has one L I'm slightly Polish so that's offensive :)

•••
@forge it was a joke. I was trying to make amends :)

•••
@wcpthree I have since edited my post, but I'm shocked you found the misspelling more offensive than the lack of capitalization in Polish when Bosnian was spelled correctly and capitalized. ;)

•••
•••
I see what you did there, haha! pollish

•••
•••
@wcpthree Thanks for the likes! I was just thinking how this thread had thrown off my 2:1 message to like ratio. =)

•••
@Grilled Jesus well hopefully that went in the direction of your preference!

•••
The dictionary keywords that are available are usually obscure, unusable ones.
You are 15 years late to the game.

•••

There is much a more effective way to go about this, rather than using a dictionary and typing in single words. Many registrars have bulk checking options, for example NameSilo allows 500 domains to be checked at the same time. There are probably tools/registrars which allow for much more than that too.

There are also lots of sites which list different words. Simply find and copy those lists into the bulk checking tools, and click search. Then you can quickly see which ones are available.

You will definitively find available words this way, but as others have said, they will be extremely obscure.

•••
Is there a limit on number of domains you can register? Even 50 character nonsense keywords I put didn't work.

•••
Is there a limit on number of domains you can register? Even 50 character nonsense keywords I put didn't work.

No limit... There is a 64 character limit on domain length though...

•••

This is the first thing that every new person in domain industry does. Somebody started doing it 20 yrs back and the ritual continues as strong as ever. All the best.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back