Dynadot

So has domaining changed much over the past 3 years?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Its been a while, 3 years since I have been out of service, so is it the same old game, did I miss much? Nice to see some familiar names/faces.

Sucks that I left on kind a bad terms :( I messed/slipped up, sorry for that.

Mike

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Welcome back tippy, Chinese buyers and new gtlds

•••
Hey Tippy :)
Welcome back.

Peace,
Cy

•••
Welcome back @Tippy and Happy New Year!

Don't worry about things that happened in the past. The past is the past, that's why it's called the past and not the present or the future! ;)

•••
Welcome back..Domaining is evolving.

•••
Not much has really happened over the last few years Mike....we've all been waiting for you to get back :xf.eek::xf.wink::xf.smile:

(just saw this but Welcome Back!)

•••
•••
•••
Welcome back :)

there have been some changes I guess over the past 3 years... Chinese market explosion and the explosion of loads of new TLD's and more and more people looking to become domain traders....other than that it's same old, same old

•••
3 years? pshhh...It is changing every 3 months now.

•••
The king retired.
DNF is history.
Godaddy is now top "domainer".

•••
Always the same drivel. The more things change, the more they remain the same.

•••
•••
ʬʬʬELCOME @ nP

@doubleU
Not long domains but longest possible domains (63.DOMAINS) - they will change the market like nearly no one will expect.

•••
ʬʬʬELCOME @ nP

@doubleU
Not long domains but longest possible domains (63.DOMAINS) - they will change the market like nearly no one will expect.

It's possible in the not so distant future that 'typing' will become redundant to voice command and 'MAX Length' domains will be giving special precedence in browsers.

So, lets say the voice command 'MAX top' might be enough to auto-fill the address bar with :

toptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptop.top

•••
Its been same since last 3 years. Only thing that happened is that we had more TLDs and more guys who want to beat their own tune for those TLDs.

•••
Welcome back Mike,

Many more extensions now...etc.

Cheers
Corey

•••
•••
There seems to be millions of new domainers than 3 years ago and with all these new extensions available to choose from I feel most are wading through treacle. End users are now spoilt for choice if not confused with all these new choices.

I also feel the average price of aftermarket domain sales is dropping fast due to an over-saturated market and more sales of domains at resale/bulk pricing.

In the earlier years it was .com or nothing and it was very much a sellers market, I think we have moved into a buyers market and the last 3 years bears witness to this.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back