NameSilo

discuss Snapnames and Namejet weird experience

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bashar

Kuwaiti DomainerEstablished Member
Impact
Last year when i came back to domaining (you can see in my status update here) I have generated all possible 4 letter domains and backordered them at snapnames and namejet (yes took me really long time to backorder them all by copy pasting)

So these platforms can have either dropping domains or private sales by some sellers with reserve prices.

After starting to acquire many auctions (50+ of them) something weird happened, I got an email from snapnames saying payments above $25000 can't be processed by credit card and I need to pay it via bank wire :wideyed:
upload_2021-5-19_0-30-46.png

So i went to check whats the story? and found it 8 domains were auto acquired using "buy it now" button worth $61000+ pending payment! and they were all 4 letters and priced between $1,500 - $12,000

After a very long email thread and so, they identified the issue and removed the domains from my buying:
upload_2021-5-19_0-35-31.png

few days later the same issue happened using "buy it now" (except last two were real auction participation):
upload_2021-5-19_0-37-11.png

So i reported it again and their support agent confirmed its using "buy it now button"

You can see on both cases the dates are identical and the ones on the same date are owned by the same seller, So i'm assuming he added them to the platform on the same date, and once it was released for sale their system automatically purchased them on my behalf because I had them in my backorder list (if you remember above i did full backorder for all domains on the lowest price of $69)

Now it comes more interesting, couple of days ago as my usual i receive automatic notifications for any 4 letter domain auction because i backordered all of them, I received my usual email with list of domains and bids, and BOOM two domains my "initial bid" which is supposed to be $69 is actually at the reserve met price, the $500 reserve became $530 and the $1000 reserve became $1050
upload_2021-5-19_0-43-8.png

good thing that the domains were on both namejet and snapnames, so i was able to login on snapnames and take these screenshots of "initial bid"
Domain 1:
upload_2021-5-19_0-45-18.png

Domain2:
upload_2021-5-19_0-46-59.png

and as you can see in arrows, these are both my accounts one from namejet and one from snapnames

The initial bid on snapnames was $1050 and my bid was $69 whch is the default bulk bid price

I have a long ticket which is under investigation after an hour long international call to their call center :-/ and now its escalated to their management.

The reason i wrote this thread is I'm sure everyone of us did mass backroder for all 2,3 and 4 .com domains at snapnames and namejet as domainers, so the QUESTION is, anyone else fall into the same situation? is it really a bug like i'm reporting to them to dig into it and try to resolve it?

Thanks in advance :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

that's a weird occurrence for sure

but now i'm wondering
if any of those sellers got "Your Domain Name has been Sold" notices, when those names were added to your bill at Buy It Now" prices?

imo...

•••
Hi

that's a weird occurrence for sure

but now i'm wondering
if any of those sellers got "Your Domain Name has been Sold" notices, when those names were added to your bill at Buy It Now" prices?

imo...

I believe so, it happened to me once after winning an auction I've been notified domain no longer possible to acquire and auction canceled even after paying for it and got refunded.

So I think the seller would have been notified its a system error and domains went back to him.

•••
this happened again with two names at namejet, and their support are still digging into it.

the bad thing is my card was there and got charged for two of them and they even transferred te domain to my account at netsol, I emailed them before the auction ends to stop this from happening and it happened unfortunately.

it's really becoming annoying to use snapnames and namejet, I can't go and delete all names in my pre-order, there are all 2,3,4 letters/numbers combinations, so the number is really huge to delete 20-50 on a time.

lets wait for their final reply and i'll update here

•••
That's crazy.

Apart from GoDaddy, I don't trust Web.com Group.

Giants in the industry with little care.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back