IT.COM

question Snapnames ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dr.No

Impact
Do all domains that come in snapnames through there partners like netsol, onlinenic etc, go for public auctions or is it dependent on the registrar.

What happened with me; I had kept watch on two domains. First of them was registered with NetSol and i was the sole preorder still the domain went to Public Auction. This caused me to spend xxx$ on something I don't see anyone else having any value in.
Second domain was registered with OnlineNic; i thought this will also go for a public auction, but few minutes before the preorder cutoff someone placed and order and I didn't. Now the domain is listed as "Closed". Similar names registered with onlineNic are now with an BuyNow Option Instead of a public auction.

P.S: This is my first time using snapnames.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

i'd say no, all domains do not go to public auction.
because i have won some @$69/$79 respectively.

imo...

•••
I don't think there's any rhyme or reason as to how SN backorders/expired auctions work. It used to be you had to place a back order before the cut off time and if you were the only one to order you'd get the name and if there was more than one backorder it would go to private auction with those who ordered.

Now I see public auctions where anyone can bid without having put in the initial backorder. I've been the only one to backorder a name recently and found myself in an auction as the only bidder/participant until the last 5 mins.

I'm sure there is a method to the madness but I don't know what it is lol.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back