Dynadot

SnapNames and Moniker Return Domain to Prior Owner after Win

NameSilo
Watch
I purchased a domain name at Snapnames on June 26th. I paid for it, the domain was put into my Moniker account. Last night I went into my Moniker account and it's completely gone.

Moniker put the domain back into the prior owner's name (whois is no longer in my name) and Snapnames sends me an email:

Good Afternoon Bill,
Thank you for previously bidding and winning the auction of XXXXXXXXXXX.com, unfortunately that domain was erroneously included in an auction. You have been refunded for your purchase and the domain has been returned. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Thank you,
Jonathan
SnapNames

Do they have the right to yank a domain name and give it back to the prior owner 22 days after I purchased it? I have talked to Snap and apparently they "sold the wrong name" or something like that. WhaaaaaaTT?????

I am concerned about buying names from SnapNames in the future. How do I know that this won't happen again--and how do I know it won't happen to YOU?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think it would be better to have some form of disciplinary action for the employee that makes the mistake, than to pay out for the inconvenience, or rewards for NOT making mistakes may even be better.

•••
Disciplinary action for the employee is a great idea, unless the company's policies and proceedures are flawed. But it does little to satisfy a customer.

•••
nielsencl said:
The OP was "harmed" enough to post about this fiasco
Unfortunately the only demonstrable harm was the original fees he paid, which
was subsequently refunded in full.

It's nice if the company overdelivers, especially if it's due to a mistake. But as
always, that's solely for them to decide on their own.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back