Top Member
Impact
Smile//of//Hope//com

Drone//pilot//org

Sincere valuation is needed.
Constructive criticism is valued

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good name for a charity, but charities may not have a lot of budget to invest in a domain name. You might be able to sell with a good outbound effort. $xxx or low $xxxx if you can find the right buyer, which might be difficult.

Nameworth says $12,500 but that's nonsense.

Good luck!

•••
Thanks. Once tried outbound to an african ngo seems they checked the landing page and ran away

Last edited:
•••
Good name for a charity, but charities may not have a lot of budget to invest in a domain name. You might be able to sell with a good outbound effort. $xxx or low $xxxx if you can find the right buyer, which might be difficult.

Nameworth says $12,500 but that's nonsense.

Good luck!

I think this is right on. Charities have been some of the best buyers that I've had over the years. Charities that are just starting out, are not.

I just had one charity, 2 years back, that bought a domain for $2,450 with no negotiation, and now I just saw the domain on an expired auction earlier this year. Established charity, never even used it.

Last edited:
•••
I just had one charity, 2 years back, that bought a domain for $2,450 with no negotiation, and now I just saw the domain on an expired auction earlier this year. Established charity, never even used it.

Wow, that's mad! I would never have guessed this about a charity, but perhaps once they have a good base of donations, they don't budget as strictly as a business with investors might.

•••
I think this is right on. Charities have been some of the best buyers that I've had over the years. Charities that are just starting out, are not.

Still searching for the best that would pay top $ and the name would be used. As I like to see a site on this name

•••
•••
It has a ring to it that I can see being used in the future.

I'd confidently set a floor price of $2K on it and wait for a buyer to come to me, no outbound. But as with any domain, it can potentially be sold for much more or a bit less, depending on who the buyer would be. But 2K - $5K would seem reasonable to ask a semi-serious enduser.

Gluck

Last edited:
•••
Hope is a difficult keyword in commerce.
So this name is clearly geared toward charities.
The .net is unregistered and the .org is in redemption. I think .org is a better fit so you might want to catch the .org and keep the .com for defensive purposes. Offer both as a package.

I like the name but a charity is in general less willing to pay a premium for a domain name. Unless you are lucky enough to be contacted by a big and well-endowed organization.

I would list it for sale with or without a BIN and forget about it. I would expect to wait a few years before an interested end user comes around. 2K would be great imo. If you get an offer near that, you should consider it. Good luck.

•••
@Kate @tomcarl I was compiling charity for outbound guess I'd just relax and wait for it...

•••
•••
Smile of Hope is kinda catchy name that can be used by a Charity or NGO.( Smile and Hope both seem to be popular keywords in this niche)

Here are some comparative sales

centerofhope.com 605 USD 2019-02-25 GoDaddy
thegeographyofhope.com 120 USD 2018-02-07 GoDaddy
mantarayofhope.com 171 USD 2017-11-12 NameJet
childofhope.com 2,500 USD 2017-06-08 BuyDomains
wordsofhope.com 217 USD 2016-05-03 NameJet
strainsofhope.com 196 USD 2016-01-26 GoDaddy
facesofhope.com 1,700 USD 2015-05-14 BuyDomains
legacyofhope.org 2,500 USD 2015-02-08 Uniregistry
houseofhope.com 1,500 USD 2014-01-26 Afternic

Based on this data I would estimate the price to be around $xxx (mid) to $x,xxx (low).

•••
•••
Back