Dynadot

domains Smartynames uses AI to find you the perfect domain name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
There’s a lot of weird and wonderful uses for AI applications. In the last few weeks, we’ve seen AI powering better marketing emails, more smartly understanding the context of video content, and getting the most from customer feedback. It shows no sign of slowing: OpenAI announced it is pouring $10 million into the ecosystem to accelerate things further. Now, Kirill Zubovsky is taking on the challenge of picking the perfect domain name, with a service he calls Smartynames.com.

It’s free and super easy to use; you type in a prompt (say, “My company will be a news site that covers all things startups and technology”, just to pick something completely out of the air), and the AI will process the prompt and come up with a bunch of ideas for domain names, then check if they are available.

read more (techcrunch) / Smartynames.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Tried. NOT impressive. But anyway thanks.

entered some stuff, this is an example:

"offer easy credit to businesses"

Untitled.png

Edit: I see this useful though to end-users where getting a really good name is less important so they'd go for a cheap 3-word handreg instead, such as "LoanEasyCorp".

Last edited:
•••
if you keep it dead simple, it might get better results.

TBH for the above I expected something like EzCredit or CreditEase etc.

•••
"Develop websites"

WebIntact.com
DevWebly.com
CodeGrizz.com
It even made a brandable "Formzly.com" for a document site or something ig lol

All in all I'd say it's a lot better than the usual suggestions given but at the same time it seems limited, I say this because I used the keyword "crypto" and kept searching over and over but it eventually just cycles through the same ones it already gave you, to fix this we should be able to checkmark the name and add it to an archive which will be stored under the search term for if we want to go back and see the "blacklisted" ones aka ones we already seen.

Last edited:
•••
actually does a great job (y)

•••
There’s a lot of weird and wonderful uses for AI applications. In the last few weeks, we’ve seen AI powering better marketing emails, more smartly understanding the context of video content, and getting the most from customer feedback. It shows no sign of slowing: OpenAI announced it is pouring $10 million into the ecosystem to accelerate things further. Now, Kirill Zubovsky is taking on the challenge of picking the perfect domain name, with a service he calls Smartynames.com.

It’s free and super easy to use; you type in a prompt (say, “My company will be a news site that covers all things startups and technology”, just to pick something completely out of the air), and the AI will process the prompt and come up with a bunch of ideas for domain names, then check if they are available.

Thanks Lox, appreciate you posting it here.
I am the creator of Smartynames and would love to know how it's working out for you, and what other tools/features you'd like to see to make it more useful.

•••
if you keep it dead simple, it might get better results.

TBH for the above I expected something like EzCredit or CreditEase etc.
Thanks! I am the creator of the tool. Would love to know what is most important to you so I could make it better.
It sounds like you are looking for shortest-yet-self-explanatory domains possible. I am assuming that's mostly for the purpose of re-selling it later, is that right? What would you say are your top-3 priorities when choosing a .com, and top-3 when it comes to all other TLDs? Thanks again!

•••
"Develop websites"

WebIntact.com
DevWebly.com
CodeGrizz.com
It even made a brandable "Formzly.com" for a document site or something ig lol

All in all I'd say it's a lot better than the usual suggestions given but at the same time it seems limited, I say this because I used the keyword "crypto" and kept searching over and over but it eventually just cycles through the same ones it already gave you, to fix this we should be able to checkmark the name and add it to an archive which will be stored under the search term for if we want to go back and see the "blacklisted" ones aka ones we already seen.

Thanks Clover, I am the creator of the tool and would love to improve it for you.
Can you confirm if I am understanding this correctly -- you'd like to (a) force certain keywords into the urls and get possibly combinations (b) be able to see which domains you've already seen, and then save them as good or bad for later?

•••
Back