IT.COM

Sizing & sound problems?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Good Morning everyone,

Im creating a resume mostly in Swish (its like Flash) with FP2000, that Im going to be distributing on CD. I wanted my CD presentation to be in full screen browser view. When I preview my presentation the begining jazz loop I added is doubling over itself, & when you click the sound on/off button it stops 1 loop, and you can still hear it playing. If I remove the javascript the presentation works perfectly, but no full screen. Is this an FP2000 issue? I emailed the file to friend (far away) he looked at it and emailed me this back & I cant get a hold of him:

1) First problem is that you're declaring your flash object inside a fixed-size DIV and also giving it a fixed size of its own.

2)You're launching the resume page from itself, which opens up two instances of your flash object. This means that your sound loop gets instantiated twice, making it sound all funky.

3)You're putting all this on a CD. HTML is made for the Web. The easiest way to create something like this would be to to export the SWF as an EXE file and set your FSMode to fullscreen. You can then create and autorun.inf file that specifies resume.exe to start when the CD is entered in the CD Tray, making it a true Flash CD, and not Mac compatible.

To show you what I mean I posted both files: Resume1 (without script-works perfectly) & Resume2 (w/script-doesnt work properly) & also added my flash files if you need to see them. Im a newbie at this & not sure how to correct these problems & any help would be greatly appreciated

You can download my examples at: http://uniteddistributorscanada.hypermart.net/

Thank you very,very much

PS: heads up on the pop ups
PSS: I tried to append the previous post, but I couldnt

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi, Can you put up the actual html somewhere so we can take a look at it that way? Is it possible? It would probably be easier to determine what the problem is if we can view the page the same way it's going to work on the CD rather than downloading it and trying to piece it all together.

•••
Hi Deadserious, thanks for the response. I just fixed it by changing the format. Instead of going the browser route, I converted my file to Flash Projector file & its work correctly now.

Thanks again.

•••
Cool, glad to see you figured it out. :beer:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back