IT.COM

news Simply.com gets a new Home at UnoEuro.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Soofi

Love Domain NamesTop Member
Impact
Michael Bilde from Embrand shared a blog post with me from a hosting company based in Denmark called UnoEuro. In the March 9th blog post (written in Danish), the company announced that it was rebranding as Simply.com. In fact, if you type in UnoEuro.com, you will be redirected to Simply.com. The move was designed to make it easier for customers to remember and type-in the company’s brand name.

Simply.com-Rebrand.png

Here’s a translated excerpt from the blog post covering the reason for rebranding UnoEuro to Simply.com, courtesy of Google Translate:

“We are reminded time and time again that everyone has different ways to pronounce (and even spell) “UnoEuro” if we have been lucky enough to remember the name at all.

That’s why we now rename UnoEuro to Simply.com – a simple name that hopefully everyone can remember and love. :)

There are a couple of things that stand out to me. First, Simply.com is an awesome domain name and is super simple to remember. Second, the company did not simply rebrand as Simply. They are rebranding as Simply.com so people know to find them on the .com. I think this is wise considering it is a European company, and many companies in Europe choose ccTLD domain names.

Despite using the Whois History tool found at DomainTools, it is challenging to determine when the company acquired Simply.com. The current domain name registrant is listed as REDACTED FOR PRIVACY due to European GDPR regulations. Prior to this, the domain name was registered to an entity in Great Britain for many years. Archive.org shows that the domain name had been used by a company with a .IT domain name, possibly a domain registrar. I looked in my email, and I do not see any brokerage listings for Simply.com, nor do I see any public sales records in NameBio.

Regardless of when or UnoEuro acquired Simply.com, I think this is a smart rebrand, and would certainly be helpful if the company is offering its services outside of the European Union.

Full story at https://domaininvesting.com/unoeuro-announces-rebrand-to-simply-com/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Great name & great branding, love it.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back