NameSilo

Simple general expired domain question

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Xiosen

New Member
Impact
0
Hello everyone,

I am brand new here I just found this site couple days ago it looks so amazing and the community is outstanding! Ive been doing alot of reading and I have a question or two about the expiring process after the grace period ends.

As I understand it after 30-45 days the domain is reopened to be purchased again.

Lets say that I am interested in a domain and it will be expiring soon whats the best way for me to ensure that I have a good shot at that domain if its a .com. Is there any for sure ways to get that domain?

I guess I am confused as to what really happens after the grace period is up, does the domain get transfered somewhere or first come first serve sort of deal.

Any help / advice / words you can give me on this would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all I look forward to alot more extremly useful reading!
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
0
•••
Wow I just finished reading it, thank you for pointing this out to me.

Sounds like its quite a task to register a expiring domain. Here I thought it was a simple first come first serve sort of deal lol.
 
0
•••
Take care, because pending, deleted domains periods can be different from registrar to registrar.


Regards
 
0
•••
Do you know which ones you have seem to have the best luck with when it comes to accuracy?
 
0
•••
Wow, I never knew how hard it was to get expiring domain names...

But I do have a related question...if a domain name is registered through say godaddy.com, and it is going to expire. When you backorder the domain name...does godaddy get to renew the domain name without putting it back into the "pool"?

I guess what I am trying to get at is if I backorder a domain from the registrar it was registered with, do I get a better preference of getting the name over somebody who uses one of these services?
 
0
•••
brianmn said:
Wow, I never knew how hard it was to get expiring domain names...

But I do have a related question...if a domain name is registered through say godaddy.com, and it is going to expire. When you backorder the domain name...does godaddy get to renew the domain name without putting it back into the "pool"?

I guess what I am trying to get at is if I backorder a domain from the registrar it was registered with, do I get a better preference of getting the name over somebody who uses one of these services?

you got better chance than those who do not use backorder, but snapnames people still have the upper hands.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back