Dynadot

report Showcase your Missed domain of the day

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

wayne wooldridge

Top Member
Impact
I'm sorry if this is a duplicate thread. Searched and didn't find any other.

Showcase your domain that you bid on and lost.

It's gut-wrenching sometimes to find a gem and at last moment some swinging @$#% swoops in and ruins your day...

But also there is usually a silver lining, like, you couldn't afford it in the first place but you tried anyway.

What gem did you miss out on today?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
d78c1f75-3ca0-4c96-ad5f-4ce17458f689_crop_173x69.jpg

MachSpeed.com

Congrats to whoever finally outbid me...

Last edited:
•••
I would like to (showcase it), but cannot. Hoping the new owner will not realize how pissed I am he acquired it, and how baaad I want it. Going to lay low for a bit, monitor the situation, and then throw my offer at em'.

So what happened? Well, I've been tracking this name for about 3 years now. Chinese owner, and it changed hands a couple times, always remained China registrar. Tried to reach out a few times, but the language barrier made it near impossible. Anyhow, a few months ago noticed the name expired! Damn was I excited. Opened an account at DC- first time ever I've considered using a dropcatch service for a name.

Waited...waited..sure enough it made the drop list. Put in my backorder. It drops, DC catches it. but WTF, 4 more people put in orders as well, the name goes to auction. I'm like, fk this, I'm going all out. Oh no. No no no. DC tells me I must be verified to place bids over $60! You have got to be kidding me, what an oversight on my part. I check the FAQ's, and it says up 72 hours for the verification to be approved. Which would be too late for me.

I said screw it, I'll try anyways. Upload the required documentation. And wait. And wait. 3rd day arrives, auction ends, I lose my (potential) precious name, and still not verified. Now I no longer care, my world had collapsed, need a good, stiff drink. Decide to email DC via their support. Dude responds to me, saying they never even got my uploaded documentation! Wow. He says I can send it via attachment in the email if I want. I do, and get verified less than 6 hours later. Go figure.

•••
I would like to (showcase it), but cannot. Hoping the new owner will not realize how pissed I am he acquired it, and how baaad I want it. Going to lay low for a bit, monitor the situation, and then throw my offer at em'.

So what happened? Well, I've been tracking this name for about 3 years now. Chinese owner, and it changed hands a couple times, always remained China registrar. Tried to reach out a few times, but the language barrier made it near impossible. Anyhow, a few months ago noticed the name expired! Damn was I excited. Opened an account at DC- first time ever I've considered using a dropcatch service for a name.

Waited...waited..sure enough it made the drop list. Put in my backorder. It drops, DC catches it. but WTF, 4 more people put in orders as well, the name goes to auction. I'm like, fk this, I'm going all out. Oh no. No no no. DC tells me I must be verified to place bids over $60! You have got to be kidding me, what an oversight on my part. I check the FAQ's, and it says up 72 hours for the verification to be approved. Which would be too late for me.

I said screw it, I'll try anyways. Upload the required documentation. And wait. And wait. 3rd day arrives, auction ends, I lose my (potential) precious name, and still not verified. Now I no longer care, my world had collapsed, need a good, stiff drink. Decide to email DC via their support. Dude responds to me, saying they never even got my uploaded documentation! Wow. He says I can send it via attachment in the email if I want. I do, and get verified less than 6 hours later. Go figure.
I had the same situation when i signed up only because they caught a domain, after reading the FAQ and freaking out for the loss i emailed them that was urgent and got verified in less than 3 hours

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back