IT.COM

showcase Showcase your Defi & Decentralized names & any news

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NickB

it's a mysteryTop Member
Impact
Inspired by @capiche 's sale (congratz by the way!) and @DomainBarracksRob idea for a showcase thread, I thought I would set one up.

Courtesy of Github:

What is Decentralized Finance?
Decentralized finance (#defi) is the movement that leverages open source software and decentralized networks to transform traditional financial products into trustless and transparent protocols that operate without unnecessary intermediaries. One could envision decentralized finance impacting the financial world the same way that open source software has changed software products.

https://github.com/ong/awesome-decentralized-finance

The below gives a nice breakdown on what it is all about

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/decentralized-finance

https://blockonomi.com/what-is-decentralized-finance-defi

I regged 2 today and will not be going on any mad reg spree.......

Defi Mortgages.com
Defi Securities.com

Please share your names, related news and your thoughts...............

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1b means not in use. They also just filed so it’s meaningless to the domain owner who bought the domain in good faith 20 years prior to the filing.

I know it won't affect the current owner but would someone pay $10 million for a trademarked domain?

•••
I know it won't affect the current owner but would someone pay $10 million for a trademarked domain?
It’s not trademarked. I can file today for a TM for Apple as in computer sales. Anyone can pay a lawyer $500 to file whatever. It only matters if the TM is granted. Then beyond that, the new TM holder has to prove that the registrant purchased the domain in bad faith. It’s an impossible argument based on the date of registration and the date of the applied TM.

•••
It’s not trademarked. I can file today for a TM for Apple as in computer sales. Anyone can pay a lawyer $500 to file whatever. It only matters if the TM is granted. Then beyond that, the new TM holder has to prove that the registrant purchased the domain in bad faith. It’s an impossible argument based on the date of registration and the date of the applied TM.

I thought when it said Live then it's granted? Will have to do more research on trademarks, always been a grey area for me lol....

•••
I thought when it said Live then it's granted? Will have to do more research on trademarks, always been a grey area for me lol....
The applicant will get a registration number if it’s granted. As of now, they have no such number or claim first in use 1A.

Even if they did get a legit TM. It’s too late. They will have to pay the ask for the .com because the registrant didn’t act in bad faith when they bought the domain.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I dont know if this is the right place to mention that ( i suppose it is any news), but what do you think about the new cryptocurrency hoge?
I see so much hype about this coin in different forums. Moto: "It's Doge, but DeFi"
Here are some information from hoge (.) finance

HOGE is a deflationary currency. There will never be more HOGE in circulation than there is now. Every time a transaction takes place with HOGE, 1% of that transaction is removed or “burned” from the total supply. This increases the scarcity of every HOGE in circulation. Additionally, another 1% is distributed among every HOGE holder. What this means is that every time HOGE is used, the value of the remaining HOGE in circulation is increased by simultaneously decreasing the supply (deflation), while also distributing HOGE to everyone using the token. As a result, every single HOGE holder has an incentive to spread the use of HOGE as much as possible. As more transactions take place in the network, the individual net-worth of all who own a piece of the network increases as well.

Should we invest in hoge related domains? what do you all think?

•••
I think digitalwallet is worth $10 million or more. Same for digitalworld and a few select others.

Just noticed Digital.com was sold in 2014 for only $323,281

DIGITAL.COM last sold for $323,281 on 2014-09-17 at Heritage Auctions

I would have said that was worth $10 million easy

Last edited:
•••
Just noticed Digital.com was sold in 2014 for only $323,281

DIGITAL.COM last sold for $323,281 on 2014-09-17 at Heritage Auctions

I would have said that was worth $10 million easy
That was the deal of a lifetime. The market has exploded since then though. It’s worth tens of millions now.

•••
https://www-forbes-com.cdn.ampproje...million-becoming-most-expensive-nft-ever/amp/
39F0FF3E-D7ED-49B2-81F4-E68E1677D8EC.jpeg

Record breaking! The world going digital ,’think long and hard what you would really sell your “best” names for. Digital Assets are KING.

Defi/nfts/ the future is on the chain!

Last edited:
•••
Most viewed .eth domain auction @opensea

Defi.eth (not mine)

only 100 eth (Bargain!)

C5BD1F68-88F6-498D-AED7-8A785D4A8673.jpeg

Last edited:
•••
•••
sale, not mine -

DefiILife.com last sold for $404 on 2021-03-09 at DropCatch

•••
Not sure what to counter on this one, and opinions would be greatly appreciated?

I'm thinking $5,000 but I know Defi + Real Estate will be a lucrative sector.

Screenshot_20210313-062348_Gmail.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Add another 0, looks like a domainer offer

Thanks mate, yeah I think the buyer from my research was a stock broker in 2018. Can't find any more recent info though so could be quietly working on something.

•••
I've picked up

ImNotSatoshi.crypto

planning on building a crypto meme website on it, or just turn it into an NFT and sell it to the highest bidder, or somehow both!

•••
I've picked up

ImNotSatoshi.crypto

planning on building a crypto meme website on it, or just turn it into an NFT and sell it to the highest bidder, or somehow both!

thanks to your post on other thread, i picked up ti/me//ch/ain .info

•••
thanks to your post on other thread, i picked up ti/me//ch/ain .info

you're welcome mate. that's why we are here, to tip each other off on good opportunities.

I'm pretty sure the term will become increasingly popular in upcoming years.

•••
Had a nice offer in on

DefiStore

Through sedo, will let you know any progress

•••
•••
•••
surprised that was still available.......nice one

Cheers mate. This was actually a 13 year old domain that was purchased on the aftermarket.

•••
•••
•••
What about this?
Defiasetz.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back