Dynadot

showcase Showcase your Defi & Decentralized names & any news

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NickB

it's a mysteryTop Member
Impact
Inspired by @capiche 's sale (congratz by the way!) and @DomainBarracksRob idea for a showcase thread, I thought I would set one up.

Courtesy of Github:

What is Decentralized Finance?
Decentralized finance (#defi) is the movement that leverages open source software and decentralized networks to transform traditional financial products into trustless and transparent protocols that operate without unnecessary intermediaries. One could envision decentralized finance impacting the financial world the same way that open source software has changed software products.

https://github.com/ong/awesome-decentralized-finance

The below gives a nice breakdown on what it is all about

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/decentralized-finance

https://blockonomi.com/what-is-decentralized-finance-defi

I regged 2 today and will not be going on any mad reg spree.......

Defi Mortgages.com
Defi Securities.com

Please share your names, related news and your thoughts...............

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
I joined the DeFi rush late but I managed to acquire a few decent names:

TradeDeFi.Com
DeFiCore.Com
DeFiBased.Com
DeFiTactics.Com
DeFiFactor.Com
DeFiBusinessSolutions.com

•••
•••
I joined the DeFi rush late but I managed to acquire a few decent names:

TradeDeFi.Com
DeFiCore.Com
DeFiBased.Com
DeFiTactics.Com
DeFiFactor.Com
DeFiBusinessSolutions.com

Congratulations.
TradeDeFi is a quite valuable digital asset.
Was it acquired thru a GoDaddy Auction or manual registration?

•••
•••
OpFin.org

opfin-org.PNG

•••
•••
I have had a few price requests via Afternic for Defi /// Currency // com over the last couple of months - intentionally did not set BIN's to gauge interest

I have it listed for sale on the lander at a minimum 15k offer and have quoted $18k to people who have enquired via Afternic - going to leave it at BIN now on Afternic

Would like to know what people think on the pricing - unrealistic, to high? To low? Bang on the money?

Reason I'm asking is that I see a lot of Defi domains priced at 20k + and I am wondering if I am potentially leaving money on the table or being to greedy....

Any advice would be appreciated (especially from the more experienced people holding Defi names)

Last edited:
•••
95%+ of the domains on the defi and crypto threads will never sell to an end user. How much are most crypto / defi startups budgeting for their domain name? $50....

•••
I have had a few price requests via Afternic for Defi /// Currency // com over the last couple of months - intentionally did not set BIN's to gauge interest

I have it listed for sale on the lander at a minimum 15k offer and have quoted $18k to people who have enquired via Afternic - going to leave it at BIN now on Afternic

Would like to know what people think on the pricing - unrealistic, to high? To low? Bang on the money?

Reason I'm asking is that I see a lot of Defi domains priced at 20k + and I am wondering if I am potentially leaving money on the table or being to greedy....

Any advice would be appreciated (especially from the more experienced people holding Defi names)

I tend to start off by comparing the DEFI+KEYWORD on past sales and namebio , with other TOP words like , Crypto, Bitcoin, Wallet ,etc..and see what those sold for if reported, then apply my own judgement if I can see less or more future value to add to it.

With the world "currency" you will see on namebio high-low listing that it seems "currency" in the Front seems to lead the sales.

https://namebio.com/?s==MDN5ITM0kjM
1st page all Currency+Keyword ( except for CryptoCurrency.global 8K)
2nd Page quickly drops to mid $x,xxx sales and so on, and on the bottom of the 2nd page is
BitcoinCurrency.com for $3,350 usd

and then I would use this and make my own assessment.

bitcoin & crypto are as strong as you can get words, and defi will either stay below, become equal, or become greater.. that's the 3 routes in which you have to also assess when you pick you parting price.

fyi

CryptoCurrency.com forwards to ethereum.net (this would be the better Price to know of over BitcoinCurrency)

I think:

Your current asking 15-18k is "current 09/14/20" best case scenario with the right ensuser. ( wait longer,or too long perhaps)

A price of mid-high x,xxx has a good possibility of resulting in a sale. (Sale happens sooner)

A price of low x,xxx $3k ( it sells tomorrow lol)

In the end you have to take the Data and then follow your own personal gut instinct.

It's a nice name regardless.

Last edited:
•••
I tend to start off by comparing the DEFI+KEYWORD on past sales and namebio , with other TOP words like , Crypto, Bitcoin, Wallet ,etc..and see what those sold for if reported, then apply my own judgement if I can see less or more future value to add to it.

With the world "currency" you will see on namebio high-low listing that it seems "currency" in the Front seems to lead the sales.

https://namebio.com/?s==MDN5ITM0kjM
1st page all Currency+Keyword ( except for CryptoCurrency.global 8K)
2nd Page quickly drops to mid $x,xxx sales and so on, and on the bottom of the 2nd page is
BitcoinCurrency.com for $3,350 usd

and then I would use this and make my own assessment.

bitcoin & crypto are as strong ad you can get, and defi will either stay below, become equal, or become greater.. that's the 3 routes in which you have to also assess when you pick you parting price.

fyi

CryptoCurrency.com forwards to ethereum.net (this would be the better Price to know of over BitcoinCurrency)

I think:

Your current asking 15-18k is "current 09/14/20" best case scenario with the right ensuser. ( wait longer,or to long perhaps)

A price of mid-high x,xxx has a good possibility of resulting in a sale. (Sale happens sooner)

In the end you have to take the Data and then follow your own personal gut instinct.

It's a nice name regardless.
Nice breakdown :xf.smile:

I had looked at these on Namebio and what struck me is that Bitcoin Currency is not an end user price so I used that as a barometer and thought a multiple of 5 for a return on that investment would be realistic /nice ROI which would be a sales price of $16,750 - so I have priced mine at 18k with a floor of 15k to be in that ball park

BUT

Mine is a hand reg! So applying that logic might not be the best way to look at things (n)

Going to reevaluate my prices and bring them them down a little bit me thinks.......

•••
Nice breakdown :xf.smile:

I had looked at these on Namebio and what struck me is that Bitcoin Currency is not an end user price so I used that as a barometer and thought a multiple of 5 for a return on that investment would be realistic /nice ROI which would be a sales price of $16,750 - so I have priced mine at 18k with a floor of 15k to be in that ball park

BUT

Mine is a hand reg! So applying that logic might not be the best way to look at things (n)

Going to reevaluate my prices and bring them them down a little bit me thinks.......

on another note, I should say this

If I a woke tomorrow to hear that this name sold for $25k I would not be surprised.

So like I said follow your wits ( the news can change in a day) with that so could it's value ...they all start out as regs ;) ( though Ik what you mean)

GL

Last edited:
•••
on another note, I should say this

If I a woke tomorrow to that this name sold for $25k I would not be surprised either.

So like I said follow your wits and ...they all start out as regs ;) ( though Ik what you mean)

GL
Nice one - I think I might be over analysing things a bit to much and you might be overestimating my wits :xf.grin:

Crypto Currency forwards to ethereum.net which is parked with Parking Crew......most likely a domainer owns it?

•••
registered this last week:

DefiIncentives.com

•••
Total Value Locked in DeFi Recovers from Correction in Early Sept.

https://en.ethereumworldnews.com/total-value-locked-in-defi-recovers-from-correction-in-early-sept

Quick take:​

• The first week of September saw the total value locked in DeFi fall by 22%
  • This was due to decreasing ETH and BTC prices in the first week of September
  • The SushiSwap saga might have caused investors to remove their funds from DeFi projects
  • The total value locked has risen by 39.5% since the dip due to a crypto market recovery and renewed trust in DeFi

•••
What do you think about: DecentralizedDollar dot (com)

& I havent seen much on the technology that connects all the "players". The integration or exchange hub.

something like: InterchainExchange _ (com ). Interchain - being the terminology I have been reading up on.

•••
Turned down a $200 offer for DefiCompany (.com)

Was my first offer on any of my Defi names so far.

•••
DeFin.Exchange / DeFin.Network

•••
This is a very interesting area, I going to see what is about....

What's best

defi + keyword
keyword + defi

?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Selling exact-match .com's for defi portfolio owners:

DefiDomain(s)
DefiNames
DefiBrands

•••
This is a very interesting area, I going to see what is about....

What's best

defi + keyword
keyword + defi

?
I prefer Defi +

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back