Domain Empire

showcase Showcase Domains with Hyphens ( they will rise in 2017 )

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Michael Ehrhardt

Top Member
Impact
Domains with Hyphen ( - ) will rise

i wanna make it simple :

Soccer is the biggest Business in the World
The German Bundesliga ( German Soccer League ) is one of the most popular League in the World

The Advertising boards shows more and more Website with Hyphens
These Companies pay a lot of Money to advertise there

Examples :

H-Hotels.com

Some Domains with Hyphens make sense ( specially when these are 2 or 3 word Domains )

Here are mine :

3d-holoportation.com
3d-teleportation.com

business-setup-uae.com
business-setup-doha.com

business-setup-qatar.com
business-startup-doha.com

business-startup-qatar.com
business-startup-dubai.com

business-startup-uae.com

What is a Hyphen ?

The hyphen (‐) is a punctuation mark used to join words and to separate syllables of a single word. The use of hyphens is called hyphenation. The hyphen should not be confused with dashes (‒, –, —, ―), which are longer and have different uses, or with the minus sign (−), which is also longer in some contexts.
As an orthographic concept, the hyphen is a single entity. In terms of character encoding and display, that entity is represented by any of several characters and glyphs (including hard hyphens, soft or optional hyphens, and nonbreaking hyphens), depending on the context of use (discussed below).
Although, as mentioned above, hyphens are not to be confused with en dashes and minus signs, there are some overlaps in usage (in which either a hyphen or an en dash may be acceptable, depending on user preference; discussed below) and in character encoding (which often uses the same character, called a "hyphen-minus", to represent both the hyphen and minus sign entities; discussed below).

Source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyphen

Making the World more open and educated

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
And here is another dash - domain I own:

top-top-top-top-top-top-top.top

- 7 "top"
- 6 "-"
- 27 characters
- TLD .top

NOT FOR SALE

•••
•••
I got Cashierlessstore.com a hyphen would make sense 🤣

•••
Another dash - domain I own is this one:

top-top-top-top-top-top.top

- 6 "top"
- 5 "-"
- 23 characters
- TLD .top

NOT FOR SALE

•••
•••
And here is another dash - domain I own:

top-top-top-top-top.top

- 5 "top"
- 4 "-"
- 19 characters
- TLD .top

NOT FOR SALE

•••
Just a matter of time and there will be more good sales

•••
•••
Another dash - domain I own is this one:

top-top-top-top.top

- 4 "top"
- 3 "-"
- 15 characters
- TLD .top

NOT FOR SALE

•••
Dieting-Tips.com
Christian-Love.com
US-Robot.com
Bio-Robot.com
Robot-Man.com

•••
•••
haven't read all the posts, now it's 16 pages long. but the thread title caught my eye

Showcase Domains with Hyphens ( they will rise in 2017 )

Guess now we are now well into 2018 there's a wider understanding of why hyphenated domains never ever took off, right back to the beginning. It's the 'Verbal' sharing that was the killer for any wide adoption. I still particularly like them where any two word 'joined' combination looks out-of-place.

Sales-Staff dot com (it's not an American term) but I like it, and it's one of mine

Last edited:
•••
There is a logic here

All good one word domains a taken
More and more people need a domain name
What should they do 😅❓

•••
There is a logic here

All good one word domains a taken
More and more people need a domain name
What should they do 😅❓

What should they do ???

Look for other alternatives outside of hyphenated domains. The Germans adopted them purely because they like precision in just about everything (and hyphens deliver that) but they are not 'Internet friendly'

Last edited:
•••
What should they do ???

Look for other alternatives outside of hyphenated domains. The Germans adopted them purely because they like precision in just about everything (and hyphens deliver that) but they are not 'Internet friendly'
But visible ❗

CASHIERLESSSTORE ( Cashierless-Store )

Just logic

•••
If we could go back to 2010 pre-new TLD and pre-Penguin & pre-Panda (Google search engine algorithm changes), there were many web developers using hyphenated domains because exact-match domains received ranking preference in Google with little development effort. While Germans accept hyphens, in the US, hyphens are horrible for branding purposes, Small businesses may use them to get a reg fee domain but generally speaking hyphenated domains are in reg fee land as there is no longer an EMD benefit at Google. Up until a few years ago I held on to one hyphenated domain in the same space as Victoria Secret. I eventually let that one drop but earlier this year had the current registrant contact me to see if I wanted to buy it. I explained why I let it drop. He seemed to feel he would be able to sell it for low $XXXX. I can see though that he still has an EFTY lander page so he obviously has been unable to sell it. If you cannot sell that hyphenated domain, good luck with any other keyword phrase. I am sure there are occasional sales, but keep in mind the average sales price and turnover necessary to make a profit off any domain category, TLD, length, etc. Hyphenated domains are likely cheap to acquire but outbound marketing efforts to promote them are not free.

•••
•••
Of course they are 'Visable' but now your competing against simple links

If your going to cover your 'Branding' Be unique - a hyphenated second choice will be an internet-presence downfall. Doesn't matter where in the world you are

•••
They will rise ❗

Only if internet logic/acceptance goes into some-sort of overall. The internet is barely 25/30 years old. Yet it has a major impact on all our lives (97.5% for the good)

hyphened domains will stay where they are. Popular in Germany, and also in naturally 'hyphenated wording' (as in a natural type-in) they are never ever going to be a wordy (or worldly) alternative as a domain presence

•••
Only if internet logic/acceptance goes into some-sort of overall. The internet is barely 25/30 years old. Yet it has a major impact on all our lives (97.5% for the good)

hyphened domains will stay where they are. Popular in Germany, and also in naturally 'hyphenated wording' (as in a natural type-in) they are never ever going to be a wordy (or worldly) alternative as a domain presence
I am German

•••
•••
The-Mortgage-Department dot com

•••
Nothings 'huge' when it's a singular representative of a proposed philosophy,

I'm sure you'll do well Michael - stay with the Game

•••
The-Mortgage-Department dot com

Agreed, when connected wording makes for an absolute conundrum, Go with a connection with hyphens.

like many examples given here on discussions on NP, they are supportive of a single agenda. If you don't understand the difference between a good and bad domain.... Don't ever over believe on anybodies conviction.... no matter how believable the hype

Last edited:
•••
I am German

I did think so Michael, It helps explain your association/connection

but it is very much a German connectivity , and it just doesn't have the awareness on a Worldly stance - and I can't , from a UK perspective see that changing

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back