Dynadot

showcase Showcase Domains with Hyphens ( they will rise in 2017 )

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Michael Ehrhardt

Top Member
Impact
Domains with Hyphen ( - ) will rise

i wanna make it simple :

Soccer is the biggest Business in the World
The German Bundesliga ( German Soccer League ) is one of the most popular League in the World

The Advertising boards shows more and more Website with Hyphens
These Companies pay a lot of Money to advertise there

Examples :

H-Hotels.com

Some Domains with Hyphens make sense ( specially when these are 2 or 3 word Domains )

Here are mine :

3d-holoportation.com
3d-teleportation.com

business-setup-uae.com
business-setup-doha.com

business-setup-qatar.com
business-startup-doha.com

business-startup-qatar.com
business-startup-dubai.com

business-startup-uae.com

What is a Hyphen ?

The hyphen (‐) is a punctuation mark used to join words and to separate syllables of a single word. The use of hyphens is called hyphenation. The hyphen should not be confused with dashes (‒, –, —, ―), which are longer and have different uses, or with the minus sign (−), which is also longer in some contexts.
As an orthographic concept, the hyphen is a single entity. In terms of character encoding and display, that entity is represented by any of several characters and glyphs (including hard hyphens, soft or optional hyphens, and nonbreaking hyphens), depending on the context of use (discussed below).
Although, as mentioned above, hyphens are not to be confused with en dashes and minus signs, there are some overlaps in usage (in which either a hyphen or an en dash may be acceptable, depending on user preference; discussed below) and in character encoding (which often uses the same character, called a "hyphen-minus", to represent both the hyphen and minus sign entities; discussed below).

Source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyphen

Making the World more open and educated

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Re-Payment.Com

My one and only hyphenated domain name; admittedly not the most appropriate hypen positioning.

Last edited:
•••
Re-Payment.Com

My one and only hyphenated domain name; admittedly not the most appropriate hypen positioning.

you never know:xf.wink:

•••
Domains with Hyphen ( - ) will rise

How do you know this?

•••
Simple

I see more and more and more

Everywhere in tv

and just logical :

Most domain names are already taken ( special in .com )
So how can people register their names ?

They go for good names with hyphens
and this make sense

Losangeles.com
Los-Angeles.com

In Europe are hyphens popular

Why did h-hotels.com pay so much money for advertising?

2 word domains and 3 word domains are also rising ( singleword are gone )

•••
•••
4d-printing.com

4D printing is a variety of 3D printing. Basically, 4D printing is a renovation of 3D printing wherein special materials to print objects that change shape post-production.
It is currently developed by industry leaders and research facilities like MIT's Self-Assembly

the future is here ... :xf.wink:

•••
Nice.
I think if the hyphen is positioned in the right place it would look natural, logical and easy to type too.
Indeed the hyphen was and still around for many years. It makes long domain names easier to read and understand and more choices for domains in terms of name availability.

Last edited:
•••
Domain Name With or Without Hyphens?

holding-a-domain.jpg

Photo Credit: www.anna-OM-line.com

This is also a long disputed discussion in the search marketing community. Technically hyphens are recognized as a separator (or space), so they should be used in instances where search engines may not correctly discriminate your keywords. For example, expertsexchange.com – is that experts-exchange or expert-sex-change? In all other instances hyphens are unnecessary, as search engines will correctly parse out the keywords. We are finding that keywords in your domain name play a larger role than we expected with Google, especially for low competition keyword phrases. Either way, you should focus on the branding aspect of your name – i.e. stick with one that is short, simple, and easy to remember, as that will pay off most with your visitors in the long run. Remember – cater to your visitor first, not the search engine. Read our article on Keywords in Your Domain Name for details.

Word of Mouth Marketing
There is one undisputed argument for non-hyphenated domains. And that is when you are marketing your domain name by word of mouth. It is much easier to tell someone to go to “we rock your web dot com” than it is to try to get them to remember “we hyphen rock hyphen your hyphen web dot com” Chances are they will forget the hyphens, insert them in the wrong place, or not know what a hyphen is to begin with. To avoid this confusion, it is recommended to either begin with the non-hyphenated domain, or have the hyphenated domain redirect to your non-hyphenated domain. That being said, if you market your non-hyphenated domain and people link to it, your hyphenated domain will lose out on that link juice.

Source : http://www.werockyourweb.com/domain-name-with-or-without-hyphens/

•••
I've got a few - I think the only polite one is barn-owls.com, and I'm still not sure how to use that. I did regiser one to promote male enhancement products, but I let it drop, it was
b-i-g-g-e-r.com

•••
vr-key
vr-sector
vr-shield
tech-signal
pro-sector
electric-zone
micro-network
cloud-sector
drone-group
red-news
pink-app
click-zone
tracker-app
fresno-realestate

•••
It may rise, but I don't think it will be more than 15-20%.
My favourite hyphened domain I own: face-swap.com

•••
vr-key
vr-sector
vr-shield
tech-signal
pro-sector
electric-zone
micro-network
cloud-sector
drone-group
red-news
pink-app
click-zone
tracker-app
fresno-realestate

red-news sounds very good:xf.wink:

•••
•••
i own S-Q-L.com

in Germany , there is a large use of Hyphen domain

•••
•••
The only one I own is : real-estate dot club.
I'm ready for another 4 figures sale :xf.grin:
:whistle:

•••
God-Tube.com..........regged during my first week domaining :(

•••
12-88.com
5-99.com
anal-fetish.net
f-uc.com
football-24.com
fussball-24.com
futebol-24.com
hot-gay-boys.com
live-uitslagen.com
my-erotic-lingerie.com
sandiego-waterdamage.com
service-managementsoftware.com
sex-24.net
sex-free.com
sexy-toons.net
soccer-24.com
tv-h.com

internet-ofthings.net
internetof-things.org
iot-applications.net
iot-apps.org
iot-development.net
iot-device.net
iot-market.org
iot-network.net
iot-platform.net
iot-products.net
iot-projects.net
iot-technology.net

•••
•••
only have :

hawai-i.com

because the true Hawai'i word is spelled with an apostrophe but cannot use an apostrophe in domaining. :)

•••
15-9.COM
2-59.COM
20-7.COM
22-2.COM
23-2.COM
4-G.ORG
5-X.ORG
A-REALITY.COM
AT-4.COM
C-VC.COM
CB-O.COM
F-FR.COM
F-S.ORG
G-XY.COM
M-REALITY.COM
MAR-IJUANA.COM
MARIJ-UANA.COM
NO-G.COM
PR-5.COM
Q-JG.COM
RR-R.COM
SA-B.COM
SE-T.COM
SS-H.COM
US-P.COM
VR-0.COM
VR-7.COM
VR-9.COM
VR-GAMBLING.COM
WEED-2.COM
WEED-3.COM
WEED-4.COM
WEED-5.COM
WP-X.COM
X-YB.COM

•••
Abu-Dhabi.Club

and i go for more...

Abu Dhabi (US /ˈɑːbuː ˈdɑːbi/, UK /ˈæbuː ˈdɑːbi/; Arabic: أبو ظبي‎‎ Abū Ẓabī Emirati pronunciation [ɐˈbuˈðˤɑbi])
is the capital and the second most populous city in the United Arab Emirates (the most populous being Dubai), and also capital of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, the largest of the UAE's seven emirates. Abu Dhabi lies on a T-shaped island jutting into the Persian Gulf from the central western coast. The city proper had a population of 1.5 million in 2014.

•••
•••
any good sales ?

i found this in another thread :

Domain-Names.com

235,300.00 USD ( highest confirmed selling price for domain with dashes )

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back