Dynadot

showcase Showcase Domains with Hyphens ( they will rise in 2017 )

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Michael Ehrhardt

Top Member
Impact
Domains with Hyphen ( - ) will rise

i wanna make it simple :

Soccer is the biggest Business in the World
The German Bundesliga ( German Soccer League ) is one of the most popular League in the World

The Advertising boards shows more and more Website with Hyphens
These Companies pay a lot of Money to advertise there

Examples :

H-Hotels.com

Some Domains with Hyphens make sense ( specially when these are 2 or 3 word Domains )

Here are mine :

3d-holoportation.com
3d-teleportation.com

business-setup-uae.com
business-setup-doha.com

business-setup-qatar.com
business-startup-doha.com

business-startup-qatar.com
business-startup-dubai.com

business-startup-uae.com

What is a Hyphen ?

The hyphen (‐) is a punctuation mark used to join words and to separate syllables of a single word. The use of hyphens is called hyphenation. The hyphen should not be confused with dashes (‒, –, —, ―), which are longer and have different uses, or with the minus sign (−), which is also longer in some contexts.
As an orthographic concept, the hyphen is a single entity. In terms of character encoding and display, that entity is represented by any of several characters and glyphs (including hard hyphens, soft or optional hyphens, and nonbreaking hyphens), depending on the context of use (discussed below).
Although, as mentioned above, hyphens are not to be confused with en dashes and minus signs, there are some overlaps in usage (in which either a hyphen or an en dash may be acceptable, depending on user preference; discussed below) and in character encoding (which often uses the same character, called a "hyphen-minus", to represent both the hyphen and minus sign entities; discussed below).

Source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyphen

Making the World more open and educated

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
any good sales ?

i found this in another thread :

Domain-Names.com

235,300.00 USD ( highest confirmed selling price for domain with dashes )

wow, that is an outstanding sale for an hyphen. Course that's like winning the lottery of hyphens. lol

•••
.de

1a-krankenversicherung.de ( 1a-HealthInsurance in german )

11.900 EUR in 2009

•••
Health-Snack/com
Desk-Tops/Com

•••
premium-domain-name.com
1-21.com
5-99.com

Last edited:
•••
•••
that's typical for a .de domain, right? (to have an hyphen)

in germany they like many different kind of domains

names with hyphens you see very often in tv commercials

ntv.de also own n-tv.de

n24.de
also own n-24.de

big tv channels

we like to have the full package...:xf.wink:

•••
.de

0800-auskunft.de sold in 2009 for 4.000 EUR ( information desk )

•••
We own Dubai-Jet.com , that still for sale with 3 previous offers of companies located in EU.

Last edited:
•••
God-Tube.com..........regged during my first week domaining :(

Btw, the sad face is because I did not know about hyphens when I regged it. I also did not know that God Tube is trademarked.

I do like the words and idea of the domain. God is good

•••
•••
•••
•••
I usually stay away from Hyphens. But I met a successful photographer recently and got his business card and to my surprise he was using an hyphen in his business name(on his business card). His friend knew I was in domaining and was looking for me to school him. I really just felt like asking him he he wanted the name without the dash; i would try and get it for him. But He intentionally choose the name with the dash. He preferred a dash basically. So dash domains are not worthless.

•••
the-equity.com
the-wealth.com
the-bingo.com

•••
I've always been a big fan of hyphenated domains. They may not be fast sellers but they certainly have value, the market for them does exist and the likelihood of the demand for them increasing is very plausible.

Some sales from Namebio:
https://namebio.com/?s=AMyUjN1QTO

Last edited:
•••

i wanna make it simple :

Soccer is the biggest Business in the World
The German Bundesliga ( German Soccer League ) is one of the most popular League in the World

The Advertising boards shows more and more Website with Hyphens
These Companies pay a lot of Money to advertise there

Examples :

H-Hotels.com

Some Domains with Hyphens make sense ( specially when these are 2 or 3 word Domains )

Here are mine :

3d-holoportation.com
3d-teleportation.com

business-setup-uae.com
business-setup-doha.com

business-setup-qatar.com
business-startup-doha.com

business-startup-qatar.com
business-startup-dubai.com

business-startup-uae.com

What is a Hyphen ?

The hyphen (‐) is a punctuation mark used to join words and to separate syllables of a single word. The use of hyphens is called hyphenation. The hyphen should not be confused with dashes (‒, –, —, ―), which are longer and have different uses, or with the minus sign (−), which is also longer in some contexts.
As an orthographic concept, the hyphen is a single entity. In terms of character encoding and display, that entity is represented by any of several characters and glyphs (including hard hyphens, soft or optional hyphens, and nonbreaking hyphens), depending on the context of use (discussed below).
Although, as mentioned above, hyphens are not to be confused with en dashes and minus signs, there are some overlaps in usage (in which either a hyphen or an en dash may be acceptable, depending on user preference; discussed below) and in character encoding (which often uses the same character, called a "hyphen-minus", to represent both the hyphen and minus sign entities; discussed below).

Source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyphen

Making the World more open and educated

Interesting links and claims you made there.

Soccer is biggest business in the world, Bundesliga is one of the most popular, their adverting uses lots of hyphens.

Hyphenated domains are used commonly in Germany, this doesn't reflect on the rest of the world. Plus the popularity of Football (soccer) is irrelevant.

•••
Interesting links and claims you made there.

Soccer is biggest business in the world, Bundesliga is one of the most popular, their adverting uses lots of hyphens.

Hyphenated domains are used commonly in Germany, this doesn't reflect on the rest of the world. Plus the popularity of Football (soccer) is irrelevant.

Do you know how many people watch the Bundesliga all over the world ?
Even in America and Asia they love Soccer
This means many people see these domains ❗
Ergo these names will rise ✔️
Mark my words ...

•••
Do you know how many people watch the Bundesliga all over the world ?
Even in America and Asia they love Soccer
This means many people see these domains ❗
Ergo these names will rise ✔️
Mark my words ...

The English Premier League has FAR more global viewers than the German league, and out of the thousands of matches I've watched, I've never seen a hyphenated domain shown on an advertising board.

The popularity of hyphenated domains in Germany is nothing new. These ads have been on display for many years with no effect on the rest of the world. Why would it start now?

•••
The English Premier League has FAR more global viewers than the German league, and out of the thousands of matches I've watched, I've never seen a hyphenated domain shown on an advertising board.

The popularity of hyphenated domains in Germany is nothing new. These ads have been on display for many years with no effect on the rest of the world. Why would it start now?
Soccer is nly one factor
I never saw the premier league in america or here in asia

And here in asia are more and more and more domain names with hyphens

So what,s wrong on registering good domain names with hyphens for 1 £ each ❓

No risk
Big chance

Open your eyes

•••

How do you know this?

Obviously he is heavily invested in that niche. Like gTLD investors KNOW that 2017 will be the year they surpass .com in value.

I myself own 20 L--L.COMs, but I have a 5-10 year perspective on them. I sold a few for xxx$, but I am expecting to hold them at least 5 years.

•••

I'm not German. I like hyphenated domains. Am I the only non-German in the world that likes hyphenated domains? nope!.... Domainers often forget that when you take away the smoke and mirrors and all the blah blah blah... the bottom line is that you are selling a domain to another human being. So if this non-German human being likes hyphens, I assure you there are plenty of other non-German human beings who feel the same way. Are we the mainstream, no not at all. This does not mean the market does not exist.... Tongue piercings and nipple rings and all of that are not mainstream either does this mean the market does not exist? Off course not...

Also from a Internet Marketing and SEO perspective, we all know that Google ignores the hyphen so the Google spiders will read MY-HYPHENATED-domain.com as MyHypenatedDomain.com so hyphenated domains do have considerable SEO value. Also, with many domain names the hyphen also makes it look better aesthetically and can sometimes prevent a domain from being read incorrectly or looking convoluted, for example: PENISLAND.COM (PenisLand??) to avoid people reading it like that you could simply add a hyphen Pen-Island.com

Last edited:
•••
I'm not German. I like hyphenated domains. am I the only non-German in the world that likes hyphenated domains? nope!.... Domainers often forget that when you take away the smoke and mirrors and all the blah blah blah... the bottom line is that you are selling a domain to another human being. So if this non-German human being likes hyphens, I assure you there are plenty of other non-German human beings who feel the same way. Are we the mainstream, no not at all. This does not mean the market does not exist.... penis piercings and nipple rings and all of that are not mainstream either does this mean the market does not exist? Off course not...

Also from a Internet Marketing and SEO perspective, we all know that Google ignores the hyphen so the Google spiders will read MY-HYPHENATED-domain.com as MyHypenatedDomain.com so hyphenated domains do have considerable SEO value. Also, with many domain names the hyphen also makes it look better aesthetically and can sometimes prevent a domain from being read incorrectly or looking convoluted, for example: PENISLAND.COM (PenisLand??) to avoid people reading it like that you could simply add a hyphen Pen-Island.com

I agree that premium hyphenated domains have, and always will have value.

But the title of this thread is 'Domains with Hyphens ( they will rise in 2017 )'

What evidence is there that 2017 is suddenly going to see the rise of the hyphenated domain?

Obviously he is heavily invested in that niche. Like gTLD investors KNOW that 2017 will be the year they surpass .com in value.

I myself own 20 L--L.COMs, but I have a 5-10 year perspective on them. I sold a few for xxx$, but I am expecting to hold them at least 5 years.

I think this sums it up well.

•••
Not got many hyphenated ones.

InvestInStart-ups.com

B-i.club
A-i.club

•••
Have a $10k offer on one of my hyphenated names.
It is one of the most commonly used 2 word phrases in the world.

•••
Have a $10k offer on one of my hyphenated names.
It is one of the most commonly used 2 word phrases in the world.

Nice!

Lol...it must be Good-Morning or something like that? :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back