Dynadot

advice Should I invest $100 in Domains or Crypto?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NilamDomain

Established Member
Impact
Hello,

Should I invest $100 into crypto or expiring domains?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Depends on a few factors like what is your expected return, length of investment, etc.

A domain will carry annual renewal costs. With crypto, you basically buy and forget about it.

I could make more with domains but the two are very, very different.

I'd have to know more about you to best advise, but maybe use the 100 bucks for a nice meal, or better yet, do something special for someone you love.

•••
I wo

I would rather invest it, and would like to see results preferably by the end of the year or early next year.
Then, I would buy a single 4 letter .com domain. It is a "liquid" domain investment. This would be a safe investment with high potential upside. It would be the best for that budget.

Edit: Do some studying and be selective. Negotiate higher priced names down to your budget.

You could post in Domain Wanted with $100 budget, research each submission, then negotiate from there on the ones you favor.

Last edited:
•••
buy Crypto now
He could, but I have found that crypto is super volatile and large investors mostly control the market right now. Don't get me wrong, I invest in crypto also.

The reason I suggested a single 4 letter .com domain is that right now, I am pretty confident that if I purchase a 4L for 100 bucks here on NP, and am selective and somewhat knowledgeable, I can resell it for double. At least double my money. Possibly triple, quadruple or more. I have done this many times.

It takes skill with both crypto and domains, but that would be my advice for what to do with just $100.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Do not invest in Crypto, domains or real estate... invest in something what you love and understand. It could be any of those :)

•••
Do not invest in Crypto, domains or real estate... invest in something what you love and understand. It could be any of those :)

buy your spouse some perfume then

•••
I remember some members here who bought 300-1000 names when fasthosts was offering 1$ registration. I did not do that, however, looking how profitable it became for the members who did it then I believe I should have done it too. If a deal like this is around, I would suggest you do quick research and reg names, possibly GEO names then see how it goes. You might get huge returns. For the time being, it is very rare to get a good 4L for exact 100. Most will be very random, and I believe the good ones still clock 150 to 200 to acquire.

•••
•••
Dude, go enjoy a nice steak dinner yourself and remember it for the rest of your life. Investing in memories is priceless.

•••
Both of them needs intense research and know how...If you don't have any clue on how any of those 2 works then I would advice to keep your money and save it for a slow and surely successful future ahead😊

•••
•••
•••
I was thinking buy a book first. Either one about crypto or one about domain names. ;)

Buy a book advising on how to choose a book )))

•••
•••
4L.com $100? Send me location:cigar:
There are plenty of 4L.com albeit not such nice letters that sell here for around $100, or even less in bulk buys.

•••
Just be careful. It's not easy to have just one domain. :)

•••
Buy $100 worth of chocolate you will get far more enjoyment for your first $100 wasted.

•••
Should I invest $100 into crypto or expiring domains?
Buy art: a sculpture or a print by a well-known contemporary artist in an edition up to 100.
or
Buy domains: Use a few days and nights to check all one-word English and Spanish dictionary words if taken in dot.co (not dot.com, here they are taken), build your list of free names and wait for the next $1 Regfee promo by Epik or another registrar, start fast and reg 100 names. You will sell some of your registrations fast to other domainers here in the forum for a multiple to generate free cash again.

•••
•••
Both of them needs intense research and know how...If you don't have any clue on how any of those 2 works then I would advice to keep your money and save it for a slow and surely successful future ahead😊
Its a visa gift card, just looking ways to invest it :)

•••
Its a visa gift card, just looking ways to invest it :)
Then I would advice Domains only after going through some research work, trademark issues etc....

P.s I'm a big time Crypto trader myself

•••
Then, I would buy a single 4 letter .com domain. It is a "liquid" domain investment. This would be a safe investment with high potential upside. It would be the best for that budget.
4L.com $100? Send me location:cigar:

•••
True, anyways I know a lot more about domains than crypto haha

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back