NameSilo

Should I create $5 invoice ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BrandCollectors.com

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Hello,
just sold a domain "the-reviews" here for $5. still unpaid.
winner loser asked for the invoice. https://www.namepros.com/posts/7727405/
I have no idea what is invoice. Should I create it? I understand if it was 1k deal or even $100, but f*king $5!!!🤦why some people are so cheap? be careful for doing any business with him, he will report you on paypal:
he said: " I report you to paypal and namepros then you will not be able sell anymore domains this way". is it ok?
i do not business with such annoying persons.

P. S. I sent auth code before requesting a payment.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just send him the Paypal invoice, you do it through Paypal and it costs nothing.

You make $500-$2000 per week and cant pay $5

He said he'd pay, just send the invoice to get your money. A lot of people use this method.

why some people are so cheap

Why is he cheap? He offered to pay you the correct amount.

Rather try and resolve issues with buyers privately on here and try and be polite, especially after only 1 day. You will find people wil be hesitant to deal with you if you make everything public after 1 day, especially if you are in the wrong as is the case here.

Good luck

•••
You better tag @fetariq if you take this public. Better even to just get a mod involved and settle in private.

Anyway ...

Sending an invoice by PayPal is free, matter of seconds so why not?

Then again, $5... very common to just make the payment and be done with it. For small amounts a lot of people ask for F&F when possible so PP doesn't eat most of it with their fees. An invoice is not mandatory as far as I know so he should just pay to honour the deal.

Both of you... chill :)

•••
just send the invoice to get your money. A lot of people use this method.

Just out of curiosity, have you even been asked to do so for an amount this small?

•••
Super inappropriate to call out someone publicly over 5 bucks. You add mod to your conversation if there is a problem and resolve it like a professional. I notice you like to start gripe posts alot and swear in your posts— not a good look.

•••
Just out of curiosity, have you even been asked to do so for an amount this small?

No I haven't, but I dont think Ive sold a name for $5 😊

•••
What's the difference whether he bought it for $1 or for $1k? Deal is a deal.

If buyer runs a business, he may need it for accounting, e.g. in the event of an audit. Also, if he later resell it, they may require proof of where he bought it. That was in my case.

In business cases I never send as friends and family.

•••
No I haven't, but I dont think Ive sold a name for $5 😊

Lol. I do get it's sometimes easier though. If you don't handle all payments yourself it's easier when your guy handling the invoices gets one and arranges the payment.

•••
It's perfectly standard and normal to send and to request an invoice when conducting a transaction. It's a normal part of bookkeeping in a business.

It's incredibly unprofessional and a very bad look for you to be posting your buyer's email here, calling them dehumanizing names ("rat" in another thread), calling them cheap for paying your price, etc... and all because you don't know what an invoice is?

I hope you're able to last long enough professionally before completely sabotaging yourself, so that you can look back and realize how embarrassing this thread is. This isn't the first time that you've blown a fuse over something very minor. Are you sure you're ready to conduct business?

You made a warning against doing business with them, and I'll tell you what - this thread is definitely a red flag for someone not to do business with and I promise you I'm not the only one who notices. OP - Refrain from purchasing any names from me or bidding on any auctions I may be running, and I will extend to you the same courtesy.

This thread is unreal...

•••
What's the difference whether he bought it for $1 or for $1k? Deal is a deal.

If buyer runs a business, he may need it for accounting, e.g. in the event of an audit. Also, if he later resell it, they may require proof of where he bought it. That was in my case.

In business cases I never send as friends and family.

If you need to justify a $5 purchase for your books you're doing something wrong or need a new accountant :). 1K is a different story obviously.

Agree on the F&F but for just $5 I would not have an issue.

Last edited:
•••
I agree with others that a $1000 sale should be treated the same as a $5 sale.

In the meantime the buyer asked for a Paypal invoice, which is reasonable IMO and you basically called him a "loser" and then released a private message.

I send an invoice when I take Paypal payment. It is not that hard, or something to get upset about.

If you don't want to deal with the hassle of $5 sales, like me for instance, just save the effort and let the domain expire.

Brad

•••
Not cheap at all. Often I am asked by clients to send as low as $3 PP invoices when they paid out a lesser amount than was supposed to... (who have six/seven figure turnouts). It's simply a more professional way to deal imo.

btw, why is the OP exposing the private email (PP address) of his buyer in a public thread? Is it right to do so?

Last edited:
•••
He doesnt say he makes $2000 a week;

He is promoting; “Make $2000 a week”

Big difference. Also that was long PM for $5, buyer seems genuine. Things happen.
Re-consider this thread; or at minimum delete screenshot shaming 10+ yr buyer over $5. The small amt work both ways; makes u look worse

Finally, maybe buyer is fact broke and trying make ends meet. At least he gave you sol’n!
Is it unprofessional? Yes. But was courteous, more than what you afforded him. Save the publicly humiliating DM for big amt or rude ppl

This is a Reputation-based business.

I think took promo in his sig makes $2000; and got offended by his request unable pay $5. look like service;isnt rich. least delete screenie that’s what makes u look worst. it’s not too late

Samer

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hello,
just sold a domain "the-reviews" here for $5. still unpaid.
winner loser asked for the invoice. https://www.namepros.com/posts/7727405/
I have no idea what is invoice. Should I create it? I understand if it was 1k deal or even $100, but f*king $5!!!🤦why some people are so cheap? be careful for doing any business with him.
[email protected] he will report you on paypal.

Show attachment 151421

Its like saying that you go to a grocery store & you buy $0.50 worth of stuff so you don't deserve a receipt nor do you deserve a bag to carry the stuff.

•••
Its like saying that you go to a grocery store & you buy $0.50 worth of stuff so you don't deserve a receipt nor do you deserve a bag to carry the stuff.

When you make a PayPal payment you'll get a receipt, which acts as a proof of payment which imo is close enough and comparable to a grocery store receipt.

You don't go asking them for an invoice. That is the right comparison.

Like I said, the way OP handles this is outright ridiculous but so is expecting people to send you an invoice over a couple of $. If that's a deal breaker for you, contact the seller prior to bidding. An invoice might not even be legally possible to create by the seller depending on their legal entity.

PS. Over here grocery bags ain't free. Stores must charge for it due to environment related laws :)

Last edited:
•••

Problem with theory; $5 may be lot to pple in other parts; not 99% America, Europeans; and this is the most international forum.

In domaining every bit counts. (OP still wrong)

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Keep your business private unless there's a real issue. In this case there's nothing wrong with asking for an invoice as it's part of any structured business.
Too much drama for $5 for real!

•••
So you think is it ok saying: " I report you to paypal and namepros then you will not be able sell anymore domains this way".
i do not business with such annoying persons.

P. S. I sent auth code before requesting a payment.

•••
Even though the amount is small, I think if you are audited tax departments would not like the answer "oh I don't bother with invoices or receipts when it is under $10". In doing my taxes I include all transactions, even down in $$/$ range, and presume that the buyer does the same and simply needs an invoice to properly document the purchase.

I agree with the sentiment expressed above that same business practices apply regardless of amount.

It is literally a few seconds to make an invoice on PayPal. Much less time than starting, or commenting, on a NamePros thread :xf.wink:

Bob

Last edited:
•••
When you make a PayPal payment you'll get a receipt, which acts as a proof of payment which imo is close enough and comparable to a grocery store receipt.

You don't go asking them for an invoice. That is the right comparison.

Like I said, the way OP handles this is outright ridiculous but so is expecting people to send you an invoice over a couple of $. If that's a deal breaker for you, contact the seller prior to bidding. An invoice might not even be legally possible to create by the seller depending on their legal entity.

PS. Over here grocery bags ain't free. Stores must charge for it due to environment related laws :)
You are missing the forest for the trees.

•••
You are missing the forest for the trees.

Nah, not really. Just disagree with the opinion of the majority. But that's ok.

•••
Nah, not really. Just disagree with the opinion of the majority. But that's ok.

I too use “thanks” to respectfully disagree
(but appreciate the thought, reply and input)

and “disagree” when i really disagree :)

Last edited:
•••
Thank you for your time and responses I got the list of my haters and it looks like people here are not my friends but I found great persons as well but mostly namepros has unfriendly atmosphere. So I do not interested in namepros anymore.

Chill.

•••
Thank you for your time and responses I got the list of my haters and it looks like people here are not my friends but I found great persons as well but mostly namepros has unfriendly atmosphere. So I do not interested in namepros anymore.

Chill.

I’m sorry to hear that. We‘d welcome you back open arm rejoin any day.We all make mistakes

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back