Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Should AT&T Change Its Name?

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

NamingJournal.com

Established Member
Impact
4
The merger between Bellsouth and AT&T would further recreate the telecommunications monopoly that existed before the old AT&T was broken up in 1984. It seems like yesterday, but it was 22 years ago when AT&T was broken into several companies. The breakup brought about temporary drop in our phone bill, but things have since gone back to the way it was prior to the breakup. “What should the customer expect of the mother Bell as she reunites with some of her children” ask Elie of NamingJournal.com. I think we should live that to telecommunication experts. However, here is my question.

As a consumer, do you think AT&T should change its name from AT&T something different? I think it should.

What do you think (be nice)
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I think it should stay the same. I really think the name is catchy and consumers know it.
 
0
•••
NamingJournal.com said:
The merger between Bellsouth and AT&T would further recreate the telecommunications monopoly that existed before the old AT&T was broken up in 1984. It seems like yesterday, but it was 22 years ago when AT&T was broken into several companies. The breakup brought about temporary drop in our phone bill, but things have since gone back to the way it was prior to the breakup. “What should the customer expect of the mother Bell as she reunites with some of her children” ask Elie of NamingJournal.com. I think we should live that to telecommunication experts. However, here is my question.

As a consumer, do you think AT&T should change its name from AT&T something different? I think it should.

What do you think (be nice)

"Although AT&T is an America company; nevertheless, it belongs to the world. Thus, it is imperative that it represent the global while maintaining its America route. Choosing a name that bring people together I think is more appropriate than a name that symbolizes America domaince."
 
0
•••
Iam used to Southwestern Bell here...I hope they leave it that.
 
0
•••
0
•••
But everyone knows them as AT&T. I really think they should at least keep a different name then the parent company. Maybe give it a sub name of the parent name? Other companies have done this and it worked. Like how FedEX does FedEX ground and air. I love the fact you know who owns it but you know what they do different.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back