Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Looks like shopping.us may become the next video.us:

- Expiration date well into the future.
- Overseas registrant.
- Flagged pending delete by registry.

Hmmm..

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
All for the sake of something that takes a day or 2 and costs $300 or so (simple llc does the trick)

Whats shopping.us worth $20K/30K

•••
Shopping.us dropped today. I can only imagine the competition for it was high with the drop houses. Nice to see that even though they're not as consistent as they once were, GoDaddy still has it with .US

Congrats to the new owner if you're on here.

•••
Once and for all, can a non-U.S. resident own a .us domain? I was beaten to the punch on a good one the other day and once the whois resolved, it truns out someone from the UK is the new owner.

•••
when does .us domains drop?

•••
So Lasher, it looks like Shopping.us was picked up with one of those $18.99 GD backorders? Not bad.

•••
spikedo said:
Once and for all, can a non-U.S. resident own a .us domain? I was beaten to the punch on a good one the other day and once the whois resolved, it truns out someone from the UK is the new owner.

yes, but apparently, they must have a US business presence. I would consider that pretty considerable, and if you can explain to someone how your biz has a US presence, then you probably don't meet those requirements, and regging a .us will come with at least a little risk.

•••
HI

Wow Shopping.us with an $18 GD backorder.. Nice... If you want a .us domain and you do not live in the usa, why not have it regged in the name of a friend that lives there.. Would that work..

Thx
Tom

•••
ezimedia said:
Wow Shopping.us with an $18 GD backorder.. Nice...

Yeah, maybe the Godaddy employees stopped exercising their inside advantage for prime .us names.

•••
kemjika11 said:
yes, but apparently, they must have a US business presence. I would consider that pretty considerable, and if you can explain to someone how your biz has a US presence, then you probably don't meet those requirements, and regging a .us will come with at least a little risk.

here's the criteria: http://www.neustar.us/policies/docs/ustld_nexus_requirements.pdf

-US citizen/permanent resident/primary US domicile, or
-US entity or organization incorporated/organized, constituted there, or
-foreign entity with bona fide US presence

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back