Domain Empire

events Shocked! How Could He Earned More Than 1 Million by Investing .wang Domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DN.com

VIP Member
DN.com Staff
Impact
When it comes to .Wang, most investors are familiar with it, as least in China. This new gTLD opens up registration to the public in 2014, but now its registration number ranked third among new gTLDs in the world. Ma Long, .wang name domainer, said .wang domains let him earn one million in one month. How could he achieve this?

Ma Long Lost His First Domain in An Arbitration

Ma long’s first domain is qqhaoma.com and launched it for website. At first, he wanted to buy qqhao.cn but finally he gave up because of the high price. Then he acquired qqhaoma.com by 8000RMB after a bargaining. Since then, Malone realized that the domain name could be a kind of investment. "4N. com names are only sold several hundred CNY at that time, so 8000 CNY is already a high price."

Later, he invested some 5N.com domains and most of them are without 4 and 0. "I got more than 200 names in a month, but no one is willing to buy," he said. So he temporarily gave up domain investment and focused on establishing website.

However a few months later, he lost his name qqhaoma.com to Tencent. It was reported by a lot of media websites, "I was too embarrassed to mention that it was my domain website". A year later, it was time to renew these domains. However I was depressed for losing my website in arbitration and there was no exciting changes in domain market. So I finally gave up renewal.

He Started Domain Investment Again

Ma long did not completely give up domain investment and he still payed attention to the development of domain names, waiting good chances.

Finally in May 2014, when he saw the news and noticed that .wang would open registration to the public. He was so excited and he thought this new gTLD is made for Chinese. It is a commonly used word in China, for website is called wang(网) in Chinese. There are other interpretation of wang in Chinese words, like 王(the king), 旺(flourishing), he thought they are not as important as the meaning of “website ”. At that moment, he decided to start domain investment again and until then he has spent more than 300,000 RMB (about $50,000).

He Earned 1 Million in One Month over .wang Domains

In July last year he has already got back all the investment and also earned more than 200,000 CNY. Compared with the investment of 4N/5N .com domains, .wang domain name is with better liquidity. In late September, the news of .wang domain names appeared on CCTV news and some domainers bought some .wang names at a price of 70,000 CNY on that day. More and more domainers and end users bought domains from me, sometimes one or two, sometimes more than ten. Recently his daily sales are more 30,000 CNY every day, sometimes more than 50,000 CNY. Now most .wang names are twice the price of they used to be.

Ma Long says he did not invest in other new gTLD names and he considers .wang domains are still the most promising new gTLD. Many investors invest in gTLD domains and at the same time they also begin to pay more attention to new gTLDs.

Whether it is a good choice to invest in, it depends on your personal goals. And all these above are just for your reference.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
@Cynthia Thank you for sharing the story.

I have million dollar dreams too. I am working on it.

•••
•••
Guess the sales never made Dnpric.es, not one sale showing, unless I missed them.

Sounds like a sales pitch?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back