IT.COM

question SH shortlisting

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mohd Wal

Established Member
Impact
Hi everyone,

I have a domain name recently published at SH premium marketplace. When I checked it's statistics yesterday, it has 52 visits and 4 shortlists with no offer. Later on, i discovered that the name is registered in two other extensions recently. Are those people shortlisting the domain really potential buyers? If yes what are the best ways to increase the chance of selling.

Please share your thoughts.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think views are higher the first time you list any name anywhere so that is not odd.

As far as the other extensions likely other domainers scouring SH. It happens. Lots of copycats. As far as shortlist its not an indicator of an imminent sale. People have hundreds of short lists on still unsold names. Good Luck with the name.

Last edited:
•••
I think views are higher the first time you list any name anywhere so that is not odd.

As far as the other extensions likely other domainers scouring SH. It happens. Lots of copycats. As far as shortlist its not an indicator of an imminent sale. People have hundreds of short lists on still unsold names. Good Luck with the name.
Thanks. I do also participate in SH name contests and I do include it in my submissions (depending on the contest requirements).

•••
In my experience with SH (I had 600 domains with them but I left 1 year ago) shortlists are not indication of near sale. Names that sell fast usually get sold in first 1-2 years of listing, while aged domains get sold less often at SH.. probably because good names are naturally taken fastly (not only in SH but in any platform).

My advise is to invest only in quality SH domains, low quality names will not add up.. the sums of zeros will always be zero.

Last edited:
•••
In my experience with SH (I had 600 domains with them but I left 1 year ago) shortlists are not indication of near sale. Names that sell fast usually get sold in first 1-2 years of listing, while aged domains get sold less often at SH.. probably because good names are naturally taken fastly (not only in SH but in any platform).

My advise is to invest only in quality SH domains, low quality names will not add up.. the sums of zeros will always be zero.
Thanks for the advice. This is very huge ( having 600 names published from a single portfolio) even with the way they are selective in nature.

If I may ask,
1) How often do you reduce the price of your published names and by what percent? Do this strategy work well for you?

2) Do you participate in naming contests, if yes how often do you win contests by submitting your own published names?

•••
Thanks for the advice. This is very huge ( having 600 names published from a single portfolio) even with the way they are selective in nature.

I reached 600 in a year but I did bulk purchase deals to reach that number.

If I may ask,
1) How often do you reduce the price of your published names and by what percent? Do this strategy work well for you?

2) Do you participate in naming contests, if yes how often do you win contests by submitting your own published names?

1) Sale discounts are better than reducing prices. It works sometimes.

2) Very rarely.

Last edited:
•••
I, personally, have found zero correlation between a sale and number of shortlists, views, 2+ buyer views, logo design, description, boosts, and pretty much any other statistic or option that they offer. In the end, it's a combination of many factors. It's tough for a name to stand out in a marketplace of 150,000 names. The name needs to be exceptional, or you need to get lucky. Simple as that.

•••
I, personally, have found zero correlation between a sale and number of shortlists, views, 2+ buyer views, logo design, description, boosts, and pretty much any other statistic or option that they offer. In the end, it's a combination of many factors. It's tough for a name to stand out in a marketplace of 150,000 names. The name needs to be exceptional, or you need to get lucky. Simple as that.
Ok then, Among the exceptional and lucky names you sold, are they BIN or Through offer. Also can you help with examples of each (both lucky and exceptional names you sold recently)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back