IT.COM

Server trouble -- We're going to have to move NamePros

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
We have had recurring hardware problems on our main NamePros server over the past few weeks.

The hard drive is crashed right now. We're still up because our database runs on a different server, but some of our functionality, like our chat room, is not working.

We're going to have to move the site to a new server and there is going to be some downtime of a few hours when we do. I don't know yet when this will happen.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have experienced at least 2 hours of downtime today.
Other than that the server is faster :)

•••
ahh it was down. must have been when i was working on something else, have periodically come to the site today and never noticed anything. Maybe just lucky with the timings.

•••
It crashed this morning about 10am here in Canada
I clicked the thread for mellowmasher and poof - down it went :'(

up and running fine now though ;)

•••
Was down for the best part of the morning here in the UK. This is the first time I've been able to get on for a good period of time (and with a good speed) for the last few days. Seems to be running pretty good at the moment.

Looks like NP is going to have to get some serious load balancing equipment sorted out pretty soon though :lala:

Glad its all back up though!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back