Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Server Newbie...

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Impact
200
I've almost completely had it with web host providers. :( I'm going to have to start saving up for my own server, and host my own sites.

I don't know how realistic this is but I know that many of you have your own servers right?

How big are these servers (how much space do they occupy)? How much would a budget one cost?

Any tips for newbies?

Thank you! ;)
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Are you good in web hosting managment?
 
0
•••
Have you thought about a VPS?
 
0
•••
Ok, I accidentally called myself a server "newbie". Strike that, a newbie in this field would put me to shame. Should I start by reading beginner books? :(
 
0
•••
Hi,

I advice you a vps that it cost, generally, between 40 to 300 USD; it depends on the bandwidth, hard disk space and ram.
I have two linux vps (Debian) with 100 mb/s, 15 gb hard disk and 3 gb ram.

Do you know how to configure a linux distro and softwares like apache, mysql and general control panels like directadmin, vhcs...? A good hosting service can do that for you too but generally for $.

If you don't know that I advice you a reseller hosting with cpanel installed ;)

Bye ;)
 
0
•••
Actually what are your requirements?
I think you were in the wrong hands. There are many good quality hosts providing quality service with satisfied customers.
i won't think there is a need to go for a dedicated server if you are not yet too big for a shared environment or unless you have a good infrastructure to back it up.

You will need atleast $100 for a dedicated server, but if you again need a control panel or a completely managed server price will go higher.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back