Dynadot

Servage

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I've been thinking about hosting a couple sites with Servage.net is anyone familiar with their service? do they have good uptime? support? how many domains can you host with their $7 accounts?...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't think those hostnames are theirs.

•••
Servage is a very good hosting service. As with everyweb host they have a bandwidth per day limited. Since they only offer shared hosting there is not a way to get around it. Therefore for very high bandwidth with multiple thousand uniques I would not suggest. Currently I host 12 domains on servage.net with my account. They have never given me any problems and have only had 1 hour of downtime (literally) in the 14 months + I've been with them. I use most of the web space with my own documents that never hit the web. Its like my own personal flash drive!

I suggest you use them if you are new but if you are a bandwidth hog... shared hosting is obviously not for you and you should consider renting a dedicated server.

Please use the link in my profile for 25GB extra if you liked my post!!!

•••
How does their custom-built control panel manager compare with cPanel/plesk etc?

•••
It has pretty much anything you could want. Cron, Ip Block, Stats (though they are a little weak), online filemanager,setup of ftp and email accounts, autoinstallers, and management of MySQL. Also allows you to change things like PHP globals and safe mode on and off for specific domains, which is a nice feature.

•••
Servage sucks for me. They have some mysql questions limit, and they shut your site down if it exceeds it. If your hosting static HTML pages, servage would be good, but phpBBs, and other mysql hungry sites won't do too good.

•••
The new servage coupon is NURA and it gives 30% off for life, so you will pay $4.90 and not $6.45

•••
I started this thread quite a while ago and made the horrible mistake of going with servage... they were fine for a month.. then I started to use more bandwidth and then apparently they didnt like how I was using more cpu and instead of sending me a friendly email they just suspended my account and denied me access to my website files and I could get absoluty nowhere with support recieved the same canned messages over and over again so basically I got screwed...

•••
They didn't let you access your files? That isn't good... and tomorrow, in a new month, your account will still be suspended, or it was just a temporary hold for the month?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back