Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

SerDavos

Established Member
Impact
Hello all,

I need help to evaluate that domain please, much appreciated.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Welcome to the forum!

Appraisal posts should go here: https://www.namepros.com/forums/domain-appraisal.3/

In my opinion, your domain name in question doesn't hold much value for several reasons. I'll break them down.

Poor grammar - The correct term would be "Send Birthday Flowers" with the S at the end. Any potentially interested buyer could likely be turned off by this.

Narrow niche/term - "Flowers" are a great niche, but the addition of the extra words "Sell" and "Birthday" diminish the value of the name significantly. Every time you add a word to a name, you narrow the concept of the name. As a result, you narrow the pool of buyers. SellFlowers would be fine. BirthdayFlowers would be good. All of it together is not very desirable.

Too many alternatives - This is somewhat linked to the above point. For your name to have value, it should be the best available of its kind in some way. Either it's cheaper, or it conveys a concept better than any (or most) other names. Does yours do this? Would a buyer be able to hand register names like SellWeddingFlower, SellFuneralFlower, or SellMothersDayFlower? What about all the same names with "Buy" at the start, or even a descriptive term like "Best" or "Fresh"? What competitive advantage is your buyer gaining by acquiring this name?

Hard to market - To my knowledge, flowers are very much a locally driven market, owing to the fact that flowers need to be kept fresh, are harder to ship, and people often like to see in person before they buy. So you need to ask yourself, will this domain name benefit a local flower business enough that they'll want to pay $XXX or $X,XXX for it?

If you want to try to sell this one, I would focus on contacting purely online flower shops, or on larger franchises and local shops that have an established online presence. I would only ask for a two or three hundred dollars at the most.

Personally, I wouldn't spend my time trying to sell it, as I think it will be tough. Spend a lot of time reading on here and checking out other domain name blogs and resources to learn what makes a good name.

Good luck!

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back