Dynadot

Selling process

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Ok, So say I buy a domain on godaddy.com, then sell it here. How do I receive payment (i'm assuming paypal), and also transfer the domain to the buyer? Can I straight up buy a .com for 8.99 on godaddy, or is there a better approach (i.e. buy a domain name through some other feature./aspect of godaddy). Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
paypal is the most common way.

you transfer the domain to the buyers account by "pushing" the domain to their account at GoDaddy.

you go to your domain control panel, select the domain, click on account change, and fill in their whois details.

you can also buy expired domains on tdnam, and they will go into your godaddy account.

•••
awesome, is there a transfer or "push" fee? So basically a newly registered .com name would have to sell for more than 8.95$ in order to make money?

•••
push is free at any decent registrar.

don't pay 8.95 for a .com, use a coupon, I think gdbb776 is still working.

I don't recommend you register many names while you're still new to this, read the appraisals and marketplace forums to get some ideas of current values.

•••
ok. If i post in appraisals, should I have registered already? or is it likely that someone will snatch it if I havent?

•••
There is no fee for pushing a domain name. However - before you start to go off and register 100 domain names, slow down. Take your time. A common rookie mistake is to go off and buy domains, without understanding what makes domains valueable. Take your time and ask lots of questions, especially to senior members and people you see doing business daily.

•••
sounds good- I'm not planning on buying any domains anytime soon, I was just thinking out loud :)

•••
No problem. I just wanted to try and save you a few dollars. Nearly every domainer looks back at their first registrations and says "What was I thinking!"

Ive done it, heck - I still look back a few weeks ago and ask myself the same thing. The more you know, the better you will do in this industry.

•••
hehe yeah, I'm kinda just lurking right now. I actually posted a few in appraisals just to see if they have any value. I havent purchased them yet, though. It's purely out of curiousity :)...I mean unless I get amazing replies lol

•••
Make sure your reading the appraisals section rules! (Your supposed to only post domains for appraisal that you own).... Honestly, I would recommend checking out the aftermarkets (Sedo, TDNAM, Tucows, Pool, Snap, ClubDrop, ect) - your money is better spent there until you know more..

Also, my recomendation.... besides what anyone else tells you. Only .com! Stick with coms, thenw ork your way down if you must... but .com is where the money is.

Justin

•••
•••
ah, sorry about that! Thanks for the heads up!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back