Dynadot

Selling more at SEDO or Afternic?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Coral Cove

Know your brand like the back of your hand.Upgraded Member
Impact
Hey, for those who sell at both, have you experienced more success over the other?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
i list on sedo, afternic and 80% of my sales were on afternic against 20% on sedo.
so in my case, afternic is doing better.

•••
•••
Afternic. SEDO is basically irrelevant for me now.
All they provide are lowball offers and non-paying buyers lately.

Brad

•••
Afternic. SEDO is basically irrelevant for me now.
All they provide are lowball offers and non-paying buyers lately.

Brad

Same here.

•••
Sedo. One or two good offers every year.

•••
Afternic for me, but I only have make offer set at sedo. For afternic, I give prices.

•••
Sedo sales down 75% from last year. Afternic and Godaddy picking up the slack.

•••
Seems like the majority rules for Afternic, which is what I expected. I have the same experience. Thank you for sharing!

•••
Sedo is dead for just basic listing. Sometimes I search Sedo for my listed domains and they dont even show in searches. I list with them, but Afternic/GD and Undeveloped is where I make sales.

•••
•••
Afternic. I do sell some via Sedo, but % is low.
Afternic - fast transfer the only way!

•••
Afternic Works better for me as compare to Sedo

•••
Afternic. I do sell some via Sedo, but % is low.
Afternic - fast transfer the only way!
How many sales on an average you do via Afternic per year

•••
Sedo is dead for just basic listing. Sometimes I search Sedo for my listed domains and they dont even show in searches. I list with them, but Afternic/GD and Undeveloped is where I make sales.
How you compare Undeveloped and Afternic?

•••
How you compare Undeveloped and Afternic?

Why should I compare to Undeveloped? Other platforms you can forget! Use Afternic fast transfer!
The only one maybe to consider is SEDO, because they have also some kind MLS.
Thanks

•••
10 sales from Afternic/gd vs 1 from Sedo

•••
Hey, for those who sell at both, have you experienced more success over the other?

I always perfer using Sedo in the old day, SEDO works really well for me during 2006-2015.
But now it is completely another story. I Keep receiving low-ball offer from Sedo and many of my keywords domains no longer showed up in Sedo search. (n)

I am going to illustrate the problem with a domain that currently listed on Sedo.:xf.cool:
when I search for "anywhere" in Sedo. It will never show up my domain anywhere.in. :banghead:
Sedo decided to showed up another domain "everywhere.in" as 7th result when I search for "anywhere".:xf.eek:

I had scroll down to the bottom until no new listing appeared and I still cannot find my domain.
I can confirmed that my domain is completely vanished from the search of "anywhere".:xf.frown:

I used the search box in firefox to lookup my domain 'anywhere.in' (already scroll down to the bottom):xf.cry:
anywhere_all.jpg

The everywhere.in showed up as 7th result, really ridiculous! (n)
anywhere.png

The only way to find anywhere.in is to input the whole domain with extension in Sedo search.:dead:
anywhere_in.png

Last edited:
•••
What with Afternic being owned by Godaddy and Afternic listings automatically going on the GD platform it would seem to be far more likely to bring sales vs Sedo since the end-users and other buyers tend to trust and visit Godaddy so much and has high name recognition compared to Sedo. If you have success on Sedo it's more likely from other domainers buying or luck, imo.

Last edited:
•••
Afternic for the win!

I am sure that 90% of sedo sales are from parked domains... I use afternic because the names are promoted by godaddy. This is HUGE and works well!

•••
Afternic Afternic Afternic Afternic

•••
Sedo is dead for everyone. Thought I was the only one:xf.grin:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back