Domain Empire

Selling A Domain In A Foreign Currency

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Anybody here ever sold a domain name in a foreign currency? I have an offer via Sedo for one of my names, but its in Euros. I left comments trying to get an offer in $, but I only got one in more Euros.

Anybody know what it would cost to get Euros exchanged into US $ or where to do it at?

I found a currency translater here, http://www.xe.com/ucc/ But dont know where to exchange it or how much it will cost.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i think that paypal will automatically transfer from euros to us $ if thats the service you use, otherwise im not sure.

•••
doesn't the sedo escrow automatically deposit the money in your bank? If so, your bank converts it.

I think the euro is a bit more than the dollar at the moment, so a price in euros wouldn't be so bad

•••
•••
hey ogee good luck on your sale. Just remember that euros are more then u.s. bux :D

•••
Well I counter-offered thinking that it will cost to exchange the currency lol. Should be ok though unless they walk away completely.

I wish I could email them, but of course Sedo does not allow that.

•••
Paypal does this automatically, so if you are dealing through them, you're good to go! PayDirect probably does this also.

•••
Yep, its all good. The buyer counteroffered and I accepted :).

•••
•••
•••
congrats ogre !! nice one

•••
Happy to hear it worked out... so how did you end up converting currencies?

•••
Dont know yet. Sedo takes a while. I have to fill out paperwork first and fax it.

•••
how many sales on sedo now mate?

•••
•••
•••
•••
Well that took a big chunk out. I sold the name for 800 Euros , which equals $965. However, Sedo takes 100 Euros and PayPal does charge a currency fee. After it was all said and done, I ended up getting $782 :lol:.

Oh well, I guess I will know for next time :).

•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back