Dynadot

Seller won't agree to Escrow dot com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

offthehandle

.Top Member
Impact
What is the reason why a seller won't use escrow dot com, even though buyer will pay for it?

A. Seller does not want to declare taxes in his home country on the transaction
B. Seller does not have a bank account for whatever reason
C. Seller is a scammer
D. None of the above
E. A and B but not C.
F: ??????

If I could get some logical input about this, I certainly would appreciate it.

This is an open question to any of you helpful guys that trade here all the time routinely. I have read enough on this forum about issues about those who don't deliver domains, sell them twice, etc. like the recent example where this Arunas Zygis. Most of you I guess here have their trading rating, you have your trusted contacts and past history- fair enough- and also some of you exclude "unknown" people like me from bidding since I have no track record here. Unless 15 points I think some post said today or yesterday. I understand, but if you want fresh blood, you have to start somewhere. I own 300+ domains from other venues, btw.

So I am new bidding here, and buy a domain. So seller accepts offer, I say put it at escrow dot com and I pay, seller refuses and says cash only- like the advertisement stated. Ok, so can I trust this guy? Sorry. I don't. We both are in the same boat- no trader rating here. It also appears that his multiple listings of the domain here were ignored and nobody bid but me.

I have a had an 820 fico score, I am not bragging just point out my credit is gold. I know bfd, nobody cares. I have not bought anything here on this open bidding forum before on Namepro's until now. So the seller's terms were clear (that I read AFTER the sale- my mistake) I was the only one bidding on the domain (coincidence?, I never should have bid either?) that he wanted to be paid with some system I had never heard of "PayTm". I have no clue about this company at all. Does anybody have experience dealing with them or know if they have the integrity of Paypal? I simply assumed (yes, my fault) that my offer for could be paid for via escrow dot com.

I contacted the admin, and he states I need to work it out with the seller or risk having problems with namepros. I don't need problems with anybody. What are my options? Are there alternatives to securing this domain other than escrow dot com? How would you handle it?
Thanks in advance for your input.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
First he did not mark the post sold, which indicates a sale. Second, he re-listed, which indicates you did not get the winning bid.

You're so far off the hook it's not even funny. (y)
Well wasting time isn't fun, I have better things to do than post and post all this stuff really. The sad thing is that he will keep posting, and keep doing this same thing right? Then other people might get pulled into it again. Thanks for taking your time to comment, I see you are canadian. I tried to register a .CA without success and I see that isn't going to happen since I don't live or do business there, kinda a cool thing for you guys to corner the market on your domains.

•••
PS. Whenever I buy now I do so with a statement that the deal has to be processed in 7 days or null and void. It gives you a way out if the seller gives you the runaround without coming to terms.

I put that statement directly in my offer to buy and the seller has to agree with it. I was once dicked around for almost 3 weeks.

Now I would just say... too bad.. so sad... and a not so good buy!

I need to get a boilerplate written I guess. Time limits are necessary in this sort of unregulated situation on this forum, especially if you bought it for someone else and already have it sold. I can see here if I were to send you a payment via paypal, you'd push the domain and it would happen immediately, etc. You are a pro. Thanks.

•••
I need to get a boilerplate written I guess. Time limits are necessary in this sort of unregulated situation on this forum, especially if you bought it for someone else and already have it sold. I can see here if I were to send you a payment via paypal, you'd push the domain and it would happen immediately, etc. You are a pro. Thanks.
My last transactions were completed within an hour of the bids closing.
Also helped the members I was dealing with knew what they were doing.

Well wasting time isn't fun, I have better things to do than post and post all this stuff really. The sad thing is that he will keep posting, and keep doing this same thing right? Then other people might get pulled into it again. Thanks for taking your time to comment, I see you are canadian. I tried to register a .CA without success and I see that isn't going to happen since I don't live or do business there, kinda a cool thing for you guys to corner the market on your domains.

The .ca is a Canadian extension for Canadians only, just like .us is for USA or .de is for Germany. I would like to get my hands on some .us but you have to use a proxy of some sort. I am currently working on a reciprocal agreement with someone from the US. We are opening 2 SEPARATE godaddy accounts and I get access to his for the .us and he gets access to mine for the .ca.

Mind you this is definitely not recommended and you have to have an iron clad working agreement with your business partner. Lots of room for things to go south there but in my case the guy is in a very similar situation to me and I think it will work out for us. Mind you I am putting nothing of any huge value there and if something goes sour I will write it off as a learning experience.

Last edited:
•••
The OP @offthehandle just purchased 3 domains from me.
He was professional and met all his responsibilities.

I left him some feedback but I wanted everyone who is reading this topic to understand he is now a verified buyer and I would do business with him again anytime. The entire transaction was handled via pm and went smooth as silk. We did payment via paypal secured and no hiccups.

Last edited:
•••
@MapleDots
Appreciate the entire deal, your kind words, the domains, the process was clean, fast, professional and the patience and willingness to help me out. Really made my day!!!! After all the past 48 hours of baloney on that above mess. Thanks again!

•••
•••
Getting paid faster is one big reason someone may not want to use Escrow.com. The seller won't get paid for awhile.

You might ask the seller if there's another service you can use to pay him online that you're familiar with.
Also, escrow.com requires an ID now and some other weird stuff that u only see at the airport. . . </3

•••
Also, escrow.com requires an ID now and some other weird stuff that u only see at the airport. . . </3

Escrow is doing this so as a buyer or seller we don't get scammed. I've never done a deal without them. Worth it to me.

•••
Say I want to buy a $50K domain from you, I wire you the money direct, next day you claim bankruptcy? Just a scenario, a would be buyer might have.

I understand your sentiment here. If I go buy a $20k diamond on 4/4/17, and go file bankruptcy on 4/5/17, guess what happens to diamond? It has to be returned. Well returned to the trustee over the case, but you know what I mean!

•••
Know your rights & responsibilities

NamePros has Domain Auction Rules and Guide @ NamePros

Official Rules of NamePros @ NamePros

+
Marketplace FAQ - NamePros

Cheers
Corey

•••
What is the reason why a seller won't use escrow dot com, even though buyer will pay for it?

A. Seller does not want to declare taxes in his home country on the transaction
B. Seller does not have a bank account for whatever reason
C. Seller is a scammer
D. None of the above
E. A and B but not C.
F: ??????

If I could get some logical input about this, I certainly would appreciate it.

This is an open question to any of you helpful guys that trade here all the time routinely. I have read enough on this forum about issues about those who don't deliver domains, sell them twice, etc. like the recent example where this Arunas Zygis. Most of you I guess here have their trading rating, you have your trusted contacts and past history- fair enough- and also some of you exclude "unknown" people like me from bidding since I have no track record here. Unless 15 points I think some post said today or yesterday. I understand, but if you want fresh blood, you have to start somewhere. I own 300+ domains from other venues, btw.

So I am new bidding here, and buy a domain. So seller accepts offer, I say put it at escrow dot com and I pay, seller refuses and says cash only- like the advertisement stated. Ok, so can I trust this guy? Sorry. I don't. We both are in the same boat- no trader rating here. It also appears that his multiple listings of the domain here were ignored and nobody bid but me.

I have a had an 820 fico score, I am not bragging just point out my credit is gold. I know bfd, nobody cares. I have not bought anything here on this open bidding forum before on Namepro's until now. So the seller's terms were clear (that I read AFTER the sale- my mistake) I was the only one bidding on the domain (coincidence?, I never should have bid either?) that he wanted to be paid with some system I had never heard of "PayTm". I have no clue about this company at all. Does anybody have experience dealing with them or know if they have the integrity of Paypal? I simply assumed (yes, my fault) that my offer for could be paid for via escrow dot com.

I contacted the admin, and he states I need to work it out with the seller or risk having problems with namepros. I don't need problems with anybody. What are my options? Are there alternatives to securing this domain other than escrow dot com? How would you handle it?
Thanks in advance for your input.

•••
Have you looked up the name on whois.com? I was a winning bidder on a very valuable domain but after checking whois.com I found out the seller didn't own the domain. If he is the legitimate seller send him the account info you want him to send the name. Once it's in the account send him the cash. See if he trusts you. I have done small deals like $50 for cash and I've never been burnt. But $300 I would want to see the name in my account before letting go with the cash.

•••
C is a scammer either you or their own government.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back