Dynadot

Sell/transfer domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

yandig

Say DomainsTop Member
Impact
I have not sold any of my domains, but I've thought about putting one or more in an auction. I've read through the Auction rules, but I'm not sure how the domain transfer works. Does Namepros do this? Do I need to go to my registrar & transfer it from there?
Thanks & sorry if this isn't the right forum...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Different registers have different transfer policy's so you have to do it from your domain register. Hopefully you registered your domain/s with a register who offers free transfers or "pushes".

Good luck

•••
Namepros (AFAIK) doesn't handle transfers; this is something that is worked out between the two parties.

It can be as easy as a handshake agreement to transfer or can involve the use of escrow services, contracts, and/or attorneys.

•••
If the names are below $100, and the buyer has a good TR then you can consider asking him to paypal the money first to you and then you can transfer him the name.

•••
As for technical transfer, ask your buyer to open free account at your registrar (if they have one), and you push the domain to his/her account.

If your registrar doesn't have this feature, I think it requires transfer between 2 registrars

•••
if he has an account with the same Registrar you "push" the name over to his account(if he doesnt have one, you can request hime to open one)

if he wants the name transfer to another registrar, he has to make the request from his end(his registrar) and an email will be sent to you to authorise the transfer.
sometimes it can be 2/3 emails to reconfirm the transfer.

once you click yes to the requests.....name will be moved over to him!

hope this helps!

•••
when do you guys use escrow services?

•••
for domains $500 and above;)

•••
thanks redhippo,

post #6 was the answer I was looking for. Oh, and a (late) happy birthday, too :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back