Dynadot

Selecting names for a premium listing site.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kuffy

Name StagTop Member
Impact
I don't seem to be too good at valuing names. although I don't do too badly if i get into negotiations. I want to go through my portfolio, and select some names for a premium listing site, but, apart from instinct, I'm not sure if there is a quick way for me to pick out the best names. I'm considering using Godaddy's valuation service, but that seems to value a lot of them between $1,000 and $2,000. There appears to be a break point at $1,500, and I might use that. However, that would include names like guysTV.com, and I wouldn't consider that to be premium. Can anybody suggest a simple alternative? I need to go through about 600 names.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You could also consider typing in certain keywords/prefixes/suffixes/etc of your domains into namebio.com to see which ones tend to sell for the most

•••
You could also consider typing in certain keywords/prefixes/suffixes/etc of your domains into namebio.com to see which ones tend to sell for the most

I have started to use namebio, and it is a useful resource, and I also use Google trends, but it involves quite a bit of work. My plan was to use this to try to value the name once I had placed it in the premium list.

•••
I would place no faith in an automated system. Short .com domains which relate to a product or service which is sold via the internet are best. But yes ultimately that is a gut call. You could list perhaps 100 of what you believe are your better names and have members pick their top five to ten names.

•••
I have an automated system for .com's , far from perfect of course , but I can pass your domains through it if you want .

•••
I have an automated system for .com's , far from perfect of course , but I can pass your domains through it if you want .

Thanks for the offer - is it a type of valuation service? My problem is that I have names like OXFD.com, and that is a short form for Oxford. It needs local knowledge to try to value it. My other problem is that I probably won't be able to do the lot in one hit, so I was going to cherry pick at first, and just look for verification.

Things would be easier if I cleared out the low value names as well.

•••
Thanks for the offer - is it a type of valuation service? My problem is that I have names like OXFD.com, and that is a short form for Oxford. It needs local knowledge to try to value it. My other problem is that I probably won't be able to do the lot in one hit, so I was going to cherry pick at first, and just look for verification.

Things would be easier if I cleared out the low value names as well.

It's not a service, just a software I use myself.

•••
I would just use my gut instinct and some basic research first and get some of the gems out and listed.

Then pare it down from there a little at a time.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back