IT.COM

SEDO's "Make Offer" to "Free Auction" w/ 1st offer. Pure BS!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Most recently I had offers of $100 on two domains. I realize of course these were just domainers "Feeling out" if they can steal my domains below for shekels.

ViaLifi.com
CoinMansion.com

as per the photo below from SEDO it clearly states that all a seller needs is one offer on their "Make Offer" domains and the seller can activate or be given thee option upon receiving an offer to convert a Make Offer listing and push it to Auction marketplace for FREE. which disappointingly DID NOT HAPPEN.

The rep then explained to me at this point after contacting them about this that I the seller would need to send them a counteroffer and if and when the person who made the original offer decides to send their next counteroffer. Then and ONLY then could a FREE Auction "Push" be activated and this is WHY their system does not even give you this option to do so after the first offer.

Has this ever happened to anyone else here?

That's kinda a load of BS to me unless I'm an idiot and not reading this info correctly direct from their website.

Show attachment 39887

I guess they reaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllly reallllllly want you to pay for a domain auction activation don't they? What was I to do?

Of course to get the potential buyer to make that second offer you as the seller would have to bite the bullet and lower your price 3/4's your WANTED price just to somehow convince or sucker or bait the bidder to make another offer. but if you do that? then who is the sucker then?

of which that second offer will have to be the beginning "reserve" price of your domain auction.

But what if you are like many domainers who feel strongly that their domains are worth $X,XXX up to $XX,XXX?

I mean I guess I "could" have offered them $250 as a counter offer of which they might have taken me to the cleaners and just taken the offer right there because it was a deal.

What is the "right balance" for a counteroffer? The sweet spot? Where you are not "giving your domain away for nickels" but at the same time it's enticing enough for a bidder to "think" they got a chance to get this domain outright without competition? so much so that they are inclined to bid?

anyways what I did was counter on both ViaLifi.com and CoinMansion.com $5000. I would have settled for half of that amount. but of course my counter offer simply scared them away. Poof! Ghosted on me. Go figure!

What do you guys think? sorry for the long ass story. it's been bothering me this whole SEDO BS fakeness. Why promote a "Feature" that when it comes down to it you say "oh you have to send a counteroffer and if they send counteroffer back that's when you can activate a free auction?"

if there is someone from SEDO on here. can you please provide an explanation? or someone else more experience with SEDO's Make Offer to FREE Auctions? Thanks.

Also is this Make Offer to Free Auction Push from 1st offer a feature offered at any other domain marketplace like of course godaddy or Flippa or Freemarket? let me know.

I really liked SEDO because most of the high sales shown on Namebio compared to say Godaddy. Most happened on SEDO.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why are most of your posts long complaints? Personally, I don't think they were trying to 'steal' your domains for nothing...$100 is certainty more than I would offer for those domains and sounds like a fair price to me. I can assure you they are not worth $xx,xxx.

•••
Sedo is an embarrassing joke.

Having said that, unless i am missing something, those domains you mention, seem pretty worthless to me. I don't see the value there at all.

Imo, you should of countered at $250. Getting that much for them would of been a right result.... $5000 seems rather an insane valuation!

•••
Why are most of your posts long complaints? Personally, I don't think they were trying to 'steal' your domains for nothing...$100 is certainty more than I would offer for those domains and sounds like a fair price to me. I can assure you they are not worth $xx,xxx.

I didn't say SEDO was trying to steal them. but if I offered them a counter offer of $250 I'm sure they'd take it like they were "Stealing" it. and you are entitled to your opinion. but for the market of keywords Coin and for the up and coming market for LIFI. I think at least it can be low to mid $x,xxx. And what's wrong with hoping for $xx,xxx? one can dream yes? stranger things have happened yes?

why are most my post complaints? lol I think the main question here is why are you tracking my posts? lol

anyways. I complain because in this day in age there are ALOT of lazy people (Millennials) at big corps who screw up and would rather give you one word answers instead of the answers that actually help you.

their website clearly states that all I need was an offer any offer for me to activate or convert my Make Offer into an auction on their auction marketplace section FOR FREE. so why couldn't it be done in my case? That's the BS right now.

Alot of people here Good or Bad domains would still slap a $x,xxx what makes me different that I'm not allowed to want $x,xxx without criticism? because I'm hated on NP therefore all my domains suck? that it?

look I can easily sit here and point at everyone else's domain choices on here and make a negative comment to "benefit" myself and my own domain position ALL DAY LONG. But I'll take the moral high ground and digress. I don't have to explain myself or my domain choices the same as everyone else.

is this the part where I come and take all at your posts and domains and target you out of left field? Shall we go to the school yard and handle business?

kinda childish yes?

I left that sort of grade school stuff in the school yard. how about you?

anyways as always Best of luck with you and yours.

and is there anyone else who can provide some solid constructive answers as to why SEDO won't do what it says it will do?

anyone from SEDO on here?

I literally lost thee opportunity to make some money (although perhaps tiny).

Would have been nice to activate ViaLiFi.com and CoinMansion.com to a Free Auction and save me $59 for each.

Would have been "ok" with letting these domains go for $100 if it came down to it. That is the risk you take with letting a domain go to auction.

But with 1 offer on both turned into bid. that gets eyes on your domains in auction. Plus if you page for a category showcase and or homepage showcase.

I seriously doubt these domains would stop at $100. But hey that's my gamble.

historical sales:

Keyword LiFi
APPLiFi.com $256 Godaddy 2016
LiFi.org $1650 $2015 Buydomains
LiFi.to $155 Flippa 2016
Lifi.ly $325 2016 Flippa
LifiGames.info $172 Godaddy 2015
KiLiFi.com $2000
QuaLiFi.com $2750

Keyword Via
ViaPlay.com $5250
ViaBility.com $5100
ViaNet.com $4900
ViaBooks.com $3810
ViaBank.com $3688
ViaBuy.com $3588

Keyword Coin
Coinnews.com $27,500
coinstores.com $6,900
CoinsCanada.com $4,000
CoinDealers.com $3105
CoinCide.com $2505
CoinClassifieds.com $2150
CoinStream.com $2000
CoinFaucet.com $1895

Keyword Mansion
TheMansion.com $1250
HollywoodMansion.com $1200
MusicMansion.com $899
ForexMansion.com $230

•••
be careful when using shady sedo..

•••
@Avtar629 just my opinion (i am only a lowly chimp) , but you really need to shorten your posts. The vast majority of people are not going to read all that you have written, let alone absorb it. Way too much.

•••
@Avtar629 just my opinion (i am only a lowly chimp) , but you really need to shorten your posts. The vast majority of people are not going to read all that you have written, let alone absorb it. Way too much.

I agree completely. Like I mentioned before, your posts are too lengthy. You just go on and on and on. Get to the point and be concise!

•••
Sedo is an embarrassing joke.

Having said that, unless i am missing something, those domains you mention, seem pretty worthless to me. I don't see the value there at all.

Imo, you should of countered at $250. Getting that much for them would of been a right result.... $5000 seems rather an insane valuation!

Agreed on SEDO. I was typing my rebuttal to todaygold while you sent your message.

since you are the second one to say that. I'll ask

why is ViaLiFi.com and CoinMansion.com given the historical sales on Namebio for similar keywords?

I like the concept of ViaLiFi as a brandable for the new emerging LiFi tech. In fact a company called PureLiFi built their company on the domain name PureLiFi.com

if you asked PureLiFi.com how much their domain is worth. would they agree with you that PureLiFi.com is worthless?

or do you just not know the tech to really gauge value?

LiFi is a tech that is 100 times faster than WiFi. at least that's what the promos are saying.

Granted it's new so not much buzz about it. But we also know of an emerging tech that's hot right now VR.

People will always want what's NEW and FASTER. and companies who sell this LiFi tech will want a cool domain to build their business on.

Let's connect to the internet. How?

ViaLiFi!! I mean cmon guys! it does not get any better sounding than that!

if ViaWifi sounds great to you then surely ViaLiFi is great too.

as for CoinMansion.com? let me show you just one photo to ram a point home.

This is the Polo Mansion Madison Ave. NYC. An Awesome Brand. They bought the mansion I be just to get that "luxury effect" of coining the phrase The Polo Mansion. (CoinMansion.com too farfetched?)

polo mansion.jpg

Plus btw? The internet is a buzz with everything Cryptocurrency related.

https://www.coingecko.com/en

Plus there are over 150 Cryptocurrencies right now in circulation not mention actual physical coins and not to mention that any internet store that sells coins naturally sells gold and silver and other precious metals in bullions. This is understood as "big business".

shall I list some Domains with active websites that use "Coin"?

coins.ha.com
JMBullion.com (check their listing on Google. Coin is mention. CoinMansion.com could have been better.)
Coingecko.com
CoinTelegraph.com
CoinBase.com
OnlyCoin.com
AmericanCoinNJ.com
ThisisCoin.com
CoinWorld.com
AmericanCoinsandGold.com

CoinMansion.jpg
the list is endless.

so what are you both all on about? lol.

I do appreciate the input don't get me wrong. It's healthy. Since eventually I will need to convince any future buyer. so you guys are like my test subjects. lol so keep it coming. keeps me on my toes. helps to hone the bs sales skills. lol

•••
I agree completely. Like I mentioned before, your posts are too lengthy. You just go on and on and on. Get to the point and be concise!

sure sure. let's hear how you "woulda done it"

Sedo screwed me on a potential sale! Help!

that it? lol I like to provide all the data because I don't have time to sit wait for a reply which will undoubtedly ask for more details blah blah blah. I rather not have to go back and forth. just give the info all at once and see what people contribute. period. sorry if it's long but this is more efficient in the end.

now all I need is actual helpful responses rather than criticisms and I'll be 100. thanks and still waiting on SEDO to reply if there are any SEDO reps here.

•••
I would like to give my 2 cents on your issues here @Avtar629 but your posts are just too damn long. It wouldn't fair to you to reply without reading your posts properly but in all honestly I don't have that much time to spare.

If you want input from people try and keep your posts concise.

•••
I think these two pretty good domains. I would comeback with $3,500 for each. I think CoinMansion.com is really cool and has real potential for big business.

•••
in fact? let me start a great thread right now.
I would like to give my 2 cents on your issues here @Avtar629 but your posts are just too damn long. It wouldn't fair to you to reply without reading your posts properly but in all honestly I don't have that much time to spare.

If you want input from people try and keep your posts concise.
Let's not start up again Lucid. thanks for the post. I appreciate it. yea I do get winded but I guess I got emotional here a bit as I did lose a chance to sell these domains even if for $100. but that's my point. I couldn't even activate the auciton at $100. I would have been okay with letting it go for $100 if it came to that.

•••
I was always under the impression that if you got one offer you could either accept it, counter it or place the domain in an auction with the starting bid being what the original offer was and if no other bids are received the name sells for that price. The lesson to learn is don't use SEDO at any cost. Good luck with your potential sales though.

•••
I think these two pretty good domains. I would comeback with $3,500 for each. I think CoinMansion.com is really cool and has real potential for big business.

Finally! thanks! but again I would have accepted less. that $5000 was just a "Starting" point to negotiate down to $2500.

I wasn't about to how do you say "leave money on the table" with a counter of $250 to $1000 if I could have gotten $2500 (MAYBE)

•••
in fact? let me start a great thread right now.

Let's not start up again Lucid. thanks for the post. I appreciate it. yea I do get winded but I guess I got emotional here a bit as I did lose a chance to sell these domains even if for $100. but that's my point. I couldn't even activate the auciton at $100. I would have been okay with letting it go for $100 if it came to that.

Well I think you might be more angry at yourself than at Sedo. By your own admission you would have been happy at $100 each, yet you countered at $5000. Next time counter a lot lower, say $500.

•••
I think you did the right thing. Taking $100 offers will not make money in domaining. Countering at $500 is a weak move. I say play strong or go home. You need to believe and protect your domains otherwise people will run u over. In a long run respecting your work and domains will pay off.

•••
I was always under the impression that if you got one offer you could either accept it, counter it or place the domain in an auction with the starting bid being what the original offer was and if no other bids are received the name sells for that price. The lesson to learn is don't use SEDO at any cost. Good luck with your potential sales though.

WOW! some harsh words about SEDO there. Why? care to expand? lol only reason I focused on SEDO is the constant high sales for any domain shown on Namebio.

you are the second person on here posting that sedo sucks.

•••
Well I think you might be more angry at yourself than at Sedo. By your own admission you would have been happy at $100 each, yet you countered at $5000. Next time counter a lot lower, say $500.

yea true but isn't that a bit "leaving money on the table"?

•••
sure sure. let's hear how you "woulda done it"

Really, really, really simple: 'I had 2 domains listed at sedo as 'make offers'. Someone made an offer on the domains and I attempted to turn it into an auction, as it states I should be able to do on their site...(Insert link to the picture you have). I contacted support, but they said I have to counter-offer first!? It doesn't say that anywhere on their site...has anyone else had this issue? I counter-offered way too high and it scared them away. What should I do?'

There. Short, simple, to the point. If you keep writing novels, you won't get nearly as many helpful replies as you could get.

•••
I think you did the right thing. Taking $100 offers will not make money in domaining. Countering at $500 is a weak move. I say play strong or go home. You need to believe and protect your domains otherwise people will run u over. In a long run respecting your work and domains will pay off.

yea true but isn't that a bit "leaving money on the table"?

It really depends on when you want the money if it ever comes. Not everyone can afford $2K. You will get a lot more lower offers than higher offers for decent domains. That's just how domaining works. It all comes down to patience and what $ you will accept in the end.

Last edited:
•••
@Avtar629 sorry but again your post is just way way way too long for me to spend the time to read it all. But ill take a chance and try and answer you.

Regardless of the keyword sales, i dont see how the words Coin and Mansion go together? As for ViaLifi.com, now ive looked at it again it does sound and look better. However, for me, its not in the $x,xxx or $xx,xxx range.

Needless to say, its just my opinion. I could be totally wrong....

Last edited:
•••

Thanks for that. but...well it's not really "work" now is it? sitting behind a pc thinking of domains to reg in your skid mark briefs (awful mental picture there lol hoping for GOLD. lol

Play Strong or Go home sounds great on paper but at thee end of the day as much as I hate to agree. Lucid is grounded just like me. I have my head in the clouds sometimes but bills are a reality after all. Not VR but actual Reality. lol

Thanks ALL for the posts. I was told by Sedo that I can sell "get those lost" offers by simply changing the Buy Now Price. As the first offers will be notified of any change to the domain pricing.

Of course now it's a "buy now offer" I don't know maybe $2500 which is the standard going rate for such domains over at BuyDomains.com and DomainNameSales.com

We shall see.

Last edited:
•••
@Avtar629 sorry but again your post is just way way way too long for me to spend the time to read it all. But ill take a chance and try and answer you.

Regardless of the keyword sales, i dont see how the words Coin and Mansion go together? As for ViaLifi.com, now ive looked at it again it does sound and look better. However, for me, its not in the $x,xxx or $xx,xxx .

Needless to say, its just my opinion. It could be totally wrong....

thanks. maybe $888? for chinese market? lol

•••
Really, really, really simple: 'I had 2 domains listed at sedo as 'make offers'. Someone made an offer on the domains and I attempted to turn it into an auction, as it states I should be able to do on their site...(Insert link to the picture you have). I contacted support, but they said I have to counter-offer first!? It doesn't say that anywhere on their site...has anyone else had this issue? I counter-offered way too high and it scared them away. What should I do?'

There. Short, simple, to the point. If you keep writing novels, you won't get nearly as many helpful replies as you could get.

yea but it's a Sunday. nothing on TV. had my double espresso. so yea. apologies for the lengthies.
I've tried to escape my AOL AIM chat days with 1-10 word answers. People complained. and now people complain I'm being winded. can't win. guess back to AIM chat style. 10 words or less. It's a millennial world after all.

thanks again for everyone who contributed. not offended here one bit. I am fat after all. lots of cushion. lol enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone!

Last edited:
•••
First I'm not a huge fan of Sedo as basically all of your domains traffic sends them to a market where on each of your sales pages it asks them to sign up to an email form...

"Receive offers on this and similar domains."

So basically your traffic grows their end user base for free and they'll try to make a sale whether that means selling your domain or taking your free provided lead and emailing them other peoples domains as they wanna make a commission and don't care who's domain they sell. Reason Sedo became big is because domainers fed it free leads for parking quarters. 2016 has turned those quarters into nickels so see no sense in handing leads away to sell other peoples domains. So can't see paying a commission when the lead probably generated from your own traffic as the likelihood of being found in that horribly categorized market pretty slim and where do you see Sedo advertise other than domainer sites?

Have heard people say they received DomainNameSales emails basically stealing leads to try to sell Frank's inventory, other domainers inventory or new extensions from his registry as well. I don't have personal experience with that but the point is anytime you send your traffic to someone that holds their own portfolio or customers portfolios can you trust them to have your best interest instead of stealing a lead for their own profit.

My opinion is no and the reason I run my own servers/sales pages and build my own database of leads. Somebody contacts me they may buy a different domain then they originally inquired about but it will still be one I own or have exclusive brokerage rights on. My traffic works for me and not intended to be given away for free to put profit in someone else's pocket.

I prefer to do my own sales pages and if you're not capable of this plenty of other options, wordpress plugins, php scripts, efty, bodis, parking company inquiry form that hands the leads back unfiltered, etc...

Regarding your auction push. Auction only works if you have 2 or more people interested. The odds of getting end user #2 to randomly find your auction in process at Sedo within 7 days is slim to none. If I had to take that gamble think I'd prefer GoDaddy as who else advertises to end users? So personally I wouldn't start a Sedo auction unless my reserve was already met or I was going to email every other possible end user the auction link as I'm sure quite a few have started auctions that end at the opening bid.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back