Domain Empire

Sedo's good side disappeared?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
Sedo had one good side.
If you add a fixed price, previous bidders would be informed.

I suspect this is not happening anymore.
I (almost) "accepted" past offers by adding fixed prices
which are about the same as past offers (a few months old),
and those domains are still not sold.
Normally a high percent of those domains would sell in a few weeks.
Not anymore. None sells.

This can't be explained with poor economy.
3 figures is very cheap for a business in Germany.
I think in Switzerland people voted no in referandum, for free 2500 Euro for everyone
a few years ago.

I think Sedo is following Epik's and others' footsteps:
Keep leads for themselves, and wait for expiration, and dropcatch.
Why get 10 percent commission, when you can get 100 percent , or even more.
Preventing sales is more profitable.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There is something weird happening, I even feel all this marketplaces like Dan, Sedo and Afternic are hiding my domains.
The best option is build your own web and redirect all domains there, if someone really want them they will come to buy, although Godaddy seems to be the most preferred marketplace for end users, they seem to be brainwashed to trust Godaddy, of course GD pay allot of money for marketing, it's obvious to work in their favor.
Thus the problem with personal web arises, you must know how to brainwash people to buy directly from you and of course invest money into allot of marketing.
I suspect Bodis is together with Google to hide my real traffic and sales they make through my domains, you will never know the real traffic and the clicks you get, who knows maybe what we see is just 1% from 100% hidden data.
IMO

•••
Hi

can you prove any of these conspiracy theories?

imo...

•••
Mine are not c.p. I make an observation, and make a conclusion (/guess) based on that observation. You can make your own conclusion based on the same data.

@Sedo , did you stop " informing past bidders when a fixed price added" ? or not ?

•••
@Sedo, where are you. Please answer this question: Do you still inform past bidders about new fixed prices, or not anymore?

Whenever I ask a critical question anywhere, it is ignored. Just ask dumb questions whose answers don't matter, then you will get lots of responses.

•••
I suspect there might be some communication blockage nowadays. Flow of money is slowed down, and to make this easier, communication is also blocked. Or did someone cut fiber optic cables at the bottom of Atlantic ocean, and this is why not everything is heard (our offers, counteroffers..). Domain purchases can be used for washing stuff (?), by selling your domain to your friend and vice versa, to hide actual sources. I suspect such things might be happening.
I suspected about this long time ago, because people were behaving strangely (correction: not behaving at all, which is a bad sign). First they eliminate your messages, and to hide evidence, block you next. But this time, I think , good guys are doing things which are bad for us well, not only for bad guys, in the short run at least. Awake people suffer because of sleepy crowd.

Last edited:
•••
There is something weird happening, I even feel all this marketplaces like Dan, Sedo and Afternic are hiding my domains.
The best option is build your own web and redirect all domains there, if someone really want them they will come to buy, although Godaddy seems to be the most preferred marketplace for end users, they seem to be brainwashed to trust Godaddy, of course GD pay allot of money for marketing, it's obvious to work in their favor.
Thus the problem with personal web arises, you must know how to brainwash people to buy directly from you and of course invest money into allot of marketing.
I suspect Bodis is together with Google to hide my real traffic and sales they make through my domains, you will never know the real traffic and the clicks you get, who knows maybe what we see is just 1% from 100% hidden data.
IMO
Yes there’s something unusual happening with this marketplaces ! Very low traffic in general and even domains with high traffic and good quality not getting any observations or interests !!

But the weird also are some of NP members whom they jump and says : ( 2022 is Amazing year for me in terms of sales ) OR ( my highest sales was months of July , august , September and October ) lol

And the most weird that we don’t see any of them posting no one sale post in sales thread report !!

So whom to believe !! The weird marketplaces or the weird members or the current poor suffering economy !!!!!?

Thanks 😊

Last edited:
•••
I suspect there might be some communication blockage nowadays. Flow of money is slowed down, and to make this easier, communication is also blocked. Or did someone cut fiber optic cables at the bottom of Atlantic ocean, and this is why not everything is heard (our offers, counteroffers..).
That's an interesting hypothesis!

Realistically, there's one simple question. Did you make certain, on Sedo's offer settings, to be informed about any offers.

Concerns have been raised on various marketplaces that offers may not be sent to the seller. Maybe there would be a benefit, even temporarily, to change the settings to allow all offers, starting even at a bare minimum, to be sent. That way you would know if anyone is actually seeing the domains.

Granted, it could lead to a very annoying number of "lowball" offers, but it might provide some useful information.

•••
I didn't. Such things would only make the marketplace want the domain (evenmore / depending who I'm)..
(edit:worth testing)

If Sedo changes a critical thing, they should inform us about it. It was an invisible feature anyway. So they could remove it without telling us about it. I'm asking, , and they are not answering, this is like a confirmation that things were made worse intentionally; but they can't defend it, and this is while they just ignore.

Last edited:
•••
If Sedo changes a critical thing, they should inform us about it. I
Well, I sympathize with you that sales just don't seem to be happening there. And I do hope they are honoring their agreement regarding when we are informed about sales inquiries.

•••
Hi

it's all bullshit

OP has numerous posts complaining about registrars and marketplaces either stealing his leads or lowballing his names or some other mishaps that prevent him from having sales.

but no proof is ever given

if a buyer has made offers on your names and you lowered the price, then either they still want it and will bid -
or have changed their mind and moved on.

i had a past sale this year at sedo with BIN price, buyer made offer below BIN and i repeated same price.
buyer then increased their bid and i lowered my BIN a few bucks, then they matched my new price and deal was done.

but you can't blame the platform because they didn't or don't come back.

imo...

Last edited:
•••
I get , say, a 20 offer at Sedo, and no more offer, and I drop the name, and see that it was sold for 3K soon after dropping. This means there was a buyer who was willing to pay 3K, and they (whoever they are) knew it, but hiding from us. And marketplace is guilty as well, even if they are not doing it themselves, because they hide buyer info, and worse: show our info. I might be exaggerating a little but, such things happen all the time.
But in this thread I'm complaining about something else.
Ok, not complaining, just asking, but ignoring means admission, what else. It is not a crime to stop a good feature, so they should be able to "admit" it.
Statistics is a good source of information in helping us understand what is going on behind scenes.

I prove what I say, you still say BS. In Epik case,obviously they are stealing leads. Hiding buyer info, and contacting potential buyers about my freshly expired domains means stealing leads, what else. Do I need to prove this is what they do, you can test it yourself. This is public info.

Last edited:
•••
I get , say, a 20 offer at Sedo, and no more offer, and I drop the name, and see that it was sold for 3K soon after dropping. This means there was a buyer who was willing to pay 3K, and they (whoever they are) knew it, but hiding from us. And marketplace is guilty as well, even if they are not doing it themselves, because they hide buyer info, and worse: show our info. I might be exaggerating a little but, such things happen all the time.
Has this happened you your, or someone that you know? One would be concerned if such a pattern existed.
A domain owner is paying fees to the registry while listing their domain. The expectation with a marketplace is that they are acting in good faith to help sell the domain on behalf of the owner. They should not treat it as an opportunity to generate leads and backorders so that when the domain drops, they can get even more profit.

•••
Hi

again, more BS

if you get a $20 offer and later drop the name... who's fault is it?
certainly not the marketplace and certainly not the registrar.

and when that name drops or goes to auction and gets sold for $3K, who's fault is that?

i have dropped plenty of domains over the years and some were picked up by other domainers, buydomains and even hugedomains.

ie:
dombuy.com is pretty decent name for domain marketplace and i dropped it a few years ago.
hugedomains picked it up and is still offering it for sale - see for yourself.

i was using it as domain registration site under enom reseller program

https://web.archive.org/web/20160310063932/http://www.dombuy.com/

that's proof!

imo....

Last edited:
•••
Received this 2 days ago.

Attachments

• SedoMail.png
    SedoMail.png
    26.7 KB · Views: 59
•••
•••
Instead of Sedo sg08 answered it.

At Sedo it is standard to get a very low offer, and be ignored after a reasonable counteroffer, which could easily drop, because it was a response to a ridiculuosly low offer...Also Sedo publishing seller info, for no reasonable reason; first the country (stupid tax excuse), and after a deal (but before actual sale), name and address.

I get a lowball, and drop, and someone dropcatches, and sells for a high amount; and if I renewed would I sell for a high amount; I doubdt it, because marketplaces/agents (whoever controlling the lead) are not happy with 10-20 percent commission, they all want 100 percent, if possible. And I can never know whether an offer is serious, because I don't have enough info about the buyer. I suspect many agents would be happy with 50 percent. What is the difference between BIN and floor: I call it, bribe.

Last edited:
•••
I am not seeing any change. Business as usual , offers , counter offers and ect , same as usual , nothing going on different than has gone on the 15 years for me, Sedo= Good honest people IMO

•••
Sedo can be honest, but this doesn't mean they are creating a fair game for us to play. Also obviously they are disrespectful because they publish sellers' personal info.

•••
Sedo can be honest, but this doesn't mean they are creating a fair game for us to play. Also obviously they are disrespectful because they publish sellers' personal info.

Why do you care if they publish a sellers info ? That is pretty customary in sales venues , they don’t favor though , they don’t have time too , and they wouldn’t any way , people list names for sale , people search the site, pick out a name they want , nothing new here

•••
I agree that Sedo is becoming a TRASH platform, I tried listing LAgym(dotcom) on their GreatDomains auction a few months ago and got refused. I tried to list web-3(dotcom) on GreatDomains auction this week, but again, got refused.
IDK how it's even possible for these to get refused but absolutely trash domains to get accepted: https://sedo.com/search/?language=us&listing_type[0]=4

•••
I agree that Sedo is becoming a TRASH platform, I tried listing LAgym(dotcom) on their GreatDomains auction a few months ago and got refused. I tried to list web-3(dotcom) on GreatDomains auction this week, but again, got refused.
IDK how it's even possible for these to get refused but absolutely trash domains to get accepted: https://sedo.com/search/?language=us&listing_type[0]=4

Keep in mind , when you submit names for The Great Domains Auction , you put in “Reserve” price on each name you submit , I don’t know it to be a fact , but I would think Sedo looks at the name vs your reserve price to see if it’s even feasible for the name to actually sell. Sedo wants names that will sell so they can make money

•••
Simple question for those less familiar with Sedo: where do they publish that information?
Second question: does it really matter anyhow?

Received this 2 days ago.
You cited a posting where Sedo informs you about the buyer changing to BuyNow with a set price. That is great to know, that they do actively help to solicit buyers in such circumstances. Thanks for the information. And thank you, Sedo for providing that useful service to customers!

•••
Simple question for those less familiar with Sedo: where do they publish that information?
Second question: does it really matter anyhow?

You cited a posting where Sedo informs you about the buyer changing to BuyNow with a set price. That is great to know, that they do actively help to solicit buyers in such circumstances. Thanks for the information. And thank you, Sedo for providing that useful service to customers!

Exactly, Does it really matter any how ??

Our information is all over the internet , my credentials have been involved in 4 hacks , the last hack , Epik, the dump included my full drivers license , someone used my address as their own address from that , I was contacted immediately because I have everything monitored , I mean everything , nothing I have isn’t being monitored , and should it be used , I am notified within minutes . So I totally don’t sweat any of that .. yeah, it sucks to be violated , but I can answer the violation very quickly

•••
Exactly, Does it really matter any how ??

Our information is all over the internet , my credentials have been involved in 4 hacks , the last hack , Epik, the dump included my full drivers license , someone used my address as their own address from that , I was contacted immediately because I have everything monitored , I mean everything , nothing I have isn’t being monitored , and should it be used , I am notified within minutes . So I totally don’t sweat any of that .. yeah, it sucks to be violated , but I can answer the violation very quickly
Ouch! You're right. Considering the number of hacks out there, how much of the private information is already out there?
Sorry to hear how much trouble you have had. And, I do still hope that Sedo would take the two-factor authentication need seriously. IMHO, it's still concerning that this is the one marketplace that has not adopted this standard. I've seen some of their 7-figure sales reports, and still see that they have not used any of their commissions to establish this important extra security precaution. 2FA appears to be the industry standard at this point, and I hope they make those changes soon. That could really show that Sedo's "good side" has not disappeared.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back