Dynadot

Sedo's good side disappeared?

NameSilo
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
Sedo had one good side.
If you add a fixed price, previous bidders would be informed.

I suspect this is not happening anymore.
I (almost) "accepted" past offers by adding fixed prices
which are about the same as past offers (a few months old),
and those domains are still not sold.
Normally a high percent of those domains would sell in a few weeks.
Not anymore. None sells.

This can't be explained with poor economy.
3 figures is very cheap for a business in Germany.
I think in Switzerland people voted no in referandum, for free 2500 Euro for everyone
a few years ago.

I think Sedo is following Epik's and others' footsteps:
Keep leads for themselves, and wait for expiration, and dropcatch.
Why get 10 percent commission, when you can get 100 percent , or even more.
Preventing sales is more profitable.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sedo publishes our info, by giving our info to fake buyers.

•••
Sedo publishes our info, by giving our info to fake buyers.
I've only had one transaction with them, and was unaware of any information being given about myself. I didn't receive any information whatsoever about the buyer, and had no way of directly communicating with them regarding their offer other than a counteroffer.

Last edited:
•••
Ouch! You're right. Considering the number of hacks out there, how much of the private information is already out there?
Sorry to hear how much trouble you have had. And, I do still hope that Sedo would take the two-factor authentication need seriously. IMHO, it's still concerning that this is the one marketplace that has not adopted this standard. I've seen some of their 7-figure sales reports, and still see that they have not used any of their commissions to establish this important extra security precaution. 2FA appears to be the industry standard at this point, and I hope they make those changes soon. That could really show that Sedo's "good side" has not disappeared.

I use 2 factor auth on everything that offers it , but with the hacks, 2AU is pretty worthless

Well , what did they get ? In the first three , only my name, address, phone number , in the Epik hack , they got my name , address, phone number , credit card , a full picture of drivers license , but they didn’t mess with my single domain I have at Epik .

I have the hack dumps of my info that was put out for all of them.

I am not still sure at this time what the person in the Anon Epik hack did with using my home address, I was told I will find out once all the investigation gets to a point that they can release to me that information. .. I was told they have all the chat logs and information of those specific hackers , I asked them about NP , they told me , oh yeah , most definitely.

•••
I use 2 factor auth on everything that offers it , but with the hacks, 2AU is pretty worthless

Well , what did they get ? In the first three , only my name, address, phone number , in the Epik hack , they got my name , address, phone number , credit card , a full picture of drivers license , but they didn’t mess with my single domain I have at Epik .

I have the hack dumps of my info that was put out for all of them.

I am not still sure at this time what the person in the Anon Epik hack did with using my home address, I was told I will find out once all the investigation gets to a point that they can release to me that information. .. I was told they have all the chat logs and information of those specific hackers , I asked them about NP , they told me , oh yeah , most definitely.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back