Dynadot

SedoMLS Name.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Isn't Name.com a SedoMLS Premium Partner?

Anyone know the status of SedoMLS and Name.com? Am I missing something? When I go to sedo.com -> Sell Domains -> SedoMLS (http://sedo.com/uk/sell-domains/sedomls/), it lists their SedoMLS Premium Partners. Name.com is listed as a premium partner. Do you think this means that if I register a domain name with Name.com I can then list the domain in SedoMLS?

Well, I registered some the other day using Name.com since they are also premium partners with Afternic. I added the domains to my Sedo account, set the registrar to Name.com and get this message: "Registrar not supporting SedoMLS yet."

I emailed both Sedo and Name.com support and both confirmed that Name.com is NOT an MLS partner! Why does the Sedo site have the Name.com logo under their premium partners? I've posed that question to both companies and have not received a response. How do I know which registrars are supported and which are not?

Again, am I missing something?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey Northwave, firstly welcome to NP :)

I experienced the exact same thing today. Tried to list a few of my name.com domain names with SedoMLS but it says 'not a partner yet' or something like that. The dropdown list clearly shows name.com as a premium partner. Maybe they are in the process of teaming up or something and probably its just a matter of time.

•••
Okay, well, I feel better that I'm not the only one.

If you are referring to the dropdown within the domain manager where you set the registrar, I think they list all of the major registrars in there whether they are a premium partner or not. If you are talking about something else, let me know, I'd be interested to see if it's listed elsewhere.

I'm upset that I looked very carefully (or so I thought) to see which registrars were premium partners and made my decision on where to register based on that. I definitely wouldn't have used Name.com. Nothing against them, I'm just used to the ones I always use and I would have liked to have managed these with one of the other registrars that I use.

•••
name.com is a partner for sedo mls HOWEVER the catch is that you have to be a sedo premium member meeting the conditions below (from their sedo.com):

What are the requirements for participation in SedoMLS?

SedoMLS is in an exclusive beta phase for SedoPro users at this point in time. SedoPro members should contact their account managers for full details.

You may qualify for a SedoPro account if your Sedo parking earnings are above €200 / $300 US per month or if you have more than 1000 high quality domain names you would like to list and park with us. More information about becoming a SedoPro user can be found here.

Other promotion options for your domain portfolio include:
Park your names with us! (About 40% of all sales are a result of the for sale link displayed on one of our parking templates.)
Purchase a Featured listing on our website. (This will provide you with increased visibility in our search result placements.)
List your domains with a Fixed Price. (Fixed priced names sell about three times quicker than names that are listed without a price.)
Promote your names through GreatDomains Auction. (Limited to high quality domain names only.)

What are the minimum requirements to joining SedoPro?

SedoPro requires you to have a minimum of 1000 domains or $300 US per month in domain parking earnings in order to join. In addition, we also will examine the quality of your traffic and the domains in your portfolio, and in some cases even portfolios meeting the minimum size requirements may not qualify for membership in SedoPro.

If you do not meet the SedoPro requirements, we encourage you to consider Sedo's standard domain parking program, located at sedoparking.com.

http://sedo.com/us/selldomains/sedomls/?tracked=&partnerid=&language=us

The link above doesn't show the same criteria as it indicates OPEN TO ALL but this only applied to the BETA testing of it and that has since closed and they are forcing the above criteria AFAIK.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks, zicman. I don't understand why Sedo and name.com both told me that name.com is not a Sedo MLS Premium Partner.

•••
Thanks, zicman. I don't understand why Sedo and name.com both told me that name.com is not a Sedo MLS Premium Partner.

It's odd and misleading in a way.

If you register at Afternic, you can do the same thing instantly. After you list it there, they will automatically email you as a reminder to change the nameservers and also the registrar (like name) will also automatically email you the same.

So, until SEDO either gets all members on a level playing field or close to it, there are other options to take advantage of that great opportunity.

How Does Afternic's Domain Listing Service (DLS) Distribute Your Domains for Sale?
Afternic DLS is the world's largest domain marketplace. Through DLS, domains are promoted for sale to millions of active domain buyers worldwide through our proprietary distribution network that includes the world's top registrars and domain resellers. Much like the Multiple Listing Service helps to drive sales in the residential housing market, DLS helps connect domain sellers and buyers the world over.

http://www.afternic.com/promotion-upgrade.php

•••
Thanks. I have some listed on Afternic, including the ones that Sedo won't allow me to list. Thought I'd give Sedo a try since they seem to have good sales velocity, judging by domain sales data out there.

Where did you find that information listing the requirements? It seems like they have conflicting content. On the page that I referenced earlier, it says:

Join SedoMLS (beta) Now

If you are already with a participating registrar, you can immediately begin listing your fixed priced domains in SedoMLS beta directly from the Domain Management Tool located in your Sedo account.

To determine whether or not your registrar is currently a partner, we encourage you to test out the tool to see if your domains are eligible for SedoMLS beta. If your fixed price names do not fit the necessary criteria, your registrar may not be a part of our network. To help encourage your registrar to join SedoMLS beta, please contact your registrar directly and request that they email [email protected] to learn more about the benefits of joining the SedoMLS network.

I tried changing the registrars to the other "Premium Partners" and they all say not supported. Their support team got back to me again after a couple of days with another canned response about Name.com not being a partner and that I should talk them into becoming one. My questions don't seem too difficult: Why is Name.com listed as a partner and if they aren't, who is?

orcus: I see the dropdown list that you are referring to also, under Promote Domains -> Promote on SedoMLS. I tried changing it to several of the registrars listed there and again, all of them say not compatible.

I see a thread started by someone that has been having success on GoDaddy. I've had moderate success there, maybe I'll stay there for a while, despite the whole elephant slaying. :p

•••
Received a response from Name.com stating there is some sort of an issue that should be resolved in a month or so.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back