IT.COM

Sedo vs Afternic offer views & Clicks

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Leo2k

Established Member
Impact
I had a list of domains parked / with nameservers set to Sedo earlier and later changed them to Afternic to check the sales and offer views. What I see is,

Sedo showed lot of offer views on the domains, even if not parked there and clicks on some domains as well when its parked.
But Afternic not showing any views/ visits on the same domains after changing the parking / nameservers to them.

Is the Afternic views counter not working properly
Or was the Sedo's views counts fake?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

afternic views counter not working .

•••
Hi

what ns did you use at afternic?

imo....

•••
afternic views counter not working .

I see. Great. I started thinking about moving all of them back. Let me watch it for few months if there are any inquiries, though I prefer Sedo for the lower commission.

•••
•••
Hi

what ns did you use at afternic?

imo....
Should it be just ns3 & ns4 instead of all ns1/ns2/ns3/ns4 ?
I am currently using all 4 ns.

•••
Yes, as for me Sedo counts fake, then minus them or so (as I see it)
249365-0f5715dd97bb89eec02e5e4797347665.data

More info here:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/sedo-com-official-thread.408817/post-8840393

p.s. I don't use Afternic

Last edited:
•••
•••
You should use Afternic NS1/NS2 for parking revenue

OR NS3/NS4 for offers lander.

I don't think mixing them is a good idea.

•••
My Sedo traffic is quite relevant. The offer views really paint a picture.

But the important thing: I DON'T USE SEDO LANDERS.

If you use the landers, then all bots gonna end up there, diluting your real offer view stats into oblivion. As you know already, each domain might receive 50 bot requests per day, varies a lot.

•••
My Sedo traffic is quite relevant. The offer views really paint a picture.

But the important thing: I DON'T USE SEDO LANDERS.

If you use the landers, then all bots gonna end up there, diluting your real offer view stats into oblivion. As you know already, each domain might receive 50 bot requests per day, varies a lot.
You mean not using their nameservers? If yes, are you using a different for sale lander like Afternic or something else? Which one gets better sales?

•••
You mean not using their nameservers? If yes, are you using a different for sale lander like Afternic or something else? Which one gets better sales?
It depends.

I'm getting best results so far with Afternic NS5/NS6 landers. I assume the phone number is key. But there's portfolio specifics in all this.

•••
Should it be just ns3 & ns4 instead of all ns1/ns2/ns3/ns4 ?
I am currently using all 4 ns.

You should use Afternic NS1/NS2 for parking revenue

OR NS3/NS4 for offers lander.

I don't think mixing them is a good idea.
Hi

as twiki said above, ns1/ns2 for ppc and ns3/ns4 for sales landers

as for sedo traffic stats
the ppcs stats are legitimate.
the offers views may contain some bot traffic

note:
from my experience, there is no direct correlation between offer views and actual domain sales.
as i've sold domains with very few visitors and also have sold domains that received traffic.

it's always about the specific domains in question, whenever having discussions about clicks, views, sales and ppc revenue.

imo....

•••
•••
I had a list of domains parked / with nameservers set to Sedo earlier and later changed them to Afternic to check the sales and offer views. What I see is,

Sedo showed lot of offer views on the domains, even if not parked there and clicks on some domains as well when its parked.
But Afternic not showing any views/ visits on the same domains after changing the parking / nameservers to them.

I’ve lost all faith in that Aftercompany I no longer care to say their name 😡😡😡

They jammed up 400 plus domains of mine, telling me that my domains were listed for sale but meanwhile telling anyone who wants to buy one of my domains, “taken, not available”
😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

However, since my customers wanted my domain and that foul Aftercompany wanted so much to be of help, they offer my customer the option to pay GoDaddy ( my registrar ) $70 for GoDaddy to contact me and ask me over the phone if I’d sell it?!?!

But wait, for one penny they offer my customers the chance to buy my great domain name with a letter “S” on the end of it
😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

So what likely is going to happen in that situation? My customers aren’t going to pay GoDaddy $70 to ring my phone and ask if I’m selling my domain ( which I am ) but instead my customers are gonna buy the 1 letter different domain for a penny 😡😡😡😡😡😡

And that happened 5505 times in a 41 day period of time 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

So why didn’t I just have my ownership info available to the 5505 customers that Whois searched me?!?

I DID !!!!!!!!!!!!!

GoDaddy and that freakin Aftercompany decided to mask all 400 plus of my domains for sale!!! WTF?!?!?! 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

Yep, GoDaddy normally charges $10 per year per name to mask your ownership, but being such nice people they decided to mask mine for FREE without my permission or knowledge?!?!? 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

That’s $4000 of masking fees that GoDaddy let go, why would they do that?!?!

Because obviously it’s more lucrative to steal my customers from me, and what a perfect way to do this with another company to point the finger at… GoDaddy claims, it’s not us, it’s them and that foul Aftercompany says, “you’re not our customer… hanging up now 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

•••
Ns1 and ns2 ?
Actually I was using all 4 nameservers initially and later understood and changed it to just 2 of them. But none worked as it seems the visit counter doesn't work for anyone. So switched to Dan.
Now I see counts but not sure if they are search engine bots 😆

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back