IT.COM

SEDO Parking Down

NameSilo
Watch

mr-x

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Over the last week I've noticed SEDO DNS, ns1.sedoparking.com has been off line for long periods.

Anyone else notice ??

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
Thanks. Has been intermittent for me. Maybe it's my ISP

•••
Has been intermittent for me as well the past few days

•••
No idea why this was moved to reviews.

•••
Their antiDDOS solution appears to over-filter traffic in recent days. Currently, parked domains resolve NOT to German-based sedo IPs, but to Akamai/PROLEXIC anti-DDOS service. I use two ISPs, and currently can only reach parked domains through one of them, but not through another

•••
•••
This is old thread but all i could find on google. I bought some names yester and pointed them to sedo
Just clicked the for sale link on parked page, a 502 server error page showed up.
Anyone else got dns at sedo can verify?
2 of mine same thing

•••
This is old thread but all i could find on google. I bought some names yester and pointed them to sedo
Just clicked the for sale link on parked page, a 502 server error page showed up.
Anyone else got dns at sedo can verify?
2 of mine same thing

Currently unable to log in at Sedo. Seems more server issues, so the site is down again.

•••
From Ukraine I don't see any issues...
Just logged in... also I have a few parked domains there - they are accessible as well.

•••
Working form west coast of USA.

•••
Regarding their new DC...
Sedo now works slower for me comparing to their old DC.

•••
For sale link on parked page working now. Thanks for all replies

•••
I too was finally able to log in. Site seems back up and fully functional. Cheers gang...

•••
I just rechecked a few my parked domains...
As of now - they don't work at all for me...
Only sedo.com works.

•••
They stil have issues unfortunately.
At the time of this writing -

1. Sedo login works, parking stats are updating.

2. Cannot visit any parked domain. Tried 2 ISPs. Not sure is it global issue or they started overfiltering trafic again like they did last year...

3. Previously configured manual related keywords are not shown in parked domain configs. They were actually shown on parking paged last time I was able to visit parked domains though.

•••
•••
•••
•••
And as always - without any compensation for downtime

Compensation for parking? In Sedo case I'd immediately switch 90% of domains I have with them to forsale-only landers as soon as they introduce this feature, which they promised to, and publicly, right on this forum I think.

Jurgen, if your parking revenue with Sedo is worth extra time and efforts - you may probably ask them to issue some compensation individually, such an attempt would not harm regardless of an outcome.

Compensation for potential lost sales (BIN leads in particular) is something they might also think of, however I honestly cannot suggest any method to calculate such a compensation.

Last edited:
•••
Nameservers to for sale landers would sure be nice.
Parked pages and for sale links working for me

•••
Not only parking...
I'm also losing the potential buyers... because these domains are unaccessible at all.

•••
In Sedo case I'd immediately switch 90% of domains I have with them to forsale-only landers as soon as they introduce this feature, which they promised to, and publicly, right on this forum I think.
And what sense???
Use Undeveloped... their lander is good and commission is 9%.

•••
And what sense???
Use Undeveloped... their lander is good and commission is 9%.
They also accept Bitcoin from the buyers.
And can payout you in BTC.

•••
And what sense???
Beleive or not, I had EU-based buyers who explicitly asked to purchase through Sedo even if the domain was for sale elsewhere. Finally I ended up with using Sedo almost exclusively for domains that are on European languages themselves and are priced in Euros. In this case, lack of GoDaddy distribution with SedoMLS is less critical as the potential buyers are transferring domains to 1and1 and/or other EU-based registrars and are not necessary big fans of GoDaddy who are still US-centered even after translating their website to a bunch of languages. SedoMLS still distributes domains to other registrars such as Netsol, Register.com, Hover/Tucows, 1and1. I also noticed that a number of EU-based buyers at Sedo elected to use SEPA bank transfer payment option in EUROs which is almost realtime and cheap/free. So Sedo appears to be a good combo for EU-related domains + external distribution (SedoMLS).

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back