Dynadot

What is domaincontrol nameserver?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Amphibia07

Established Member
Impact
I parked several domains to sedo over the weekend by changing nameserver to ns1.sedoparking.com. Instead, now the page now lists ns45.domaincontrol.com as the name server, and works as forwarding page. I was expecting to see a landing page with links, now it looks like it redirects you everytime to some random page, aliexpress being the favourite, but also to site that look like malicious software and ask you to install sowftare or pretend like mobile browser is out of date, and asks to install. Is this normal? How long does it typically take to change DNS nameserver?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
One of the pages is bedkeeper.com, but I have listed more than one, and the same behavior is affecting all. Most of these pages it redirects try to install some kind of software or extension, so seems a bit strange sedo would enable this by default. I didn't see it clearly stated anywhere at least.

•••
Zero click I believe...go into your control panel and disable...domain investors worst friend imo.

•••
•••
Thank you! Asked Sedo to disable zero click now.

And totally agree it's domainers worst friend. Sedo should be loud and clear what this means - that you maybe redirected to other sites, including malware sites, making your domain at risk to be blacklisted by google.

Right now zero click is not even listed on their parking page https: //sedo.com/us/park-domains/. You are enrolled by default, but you don't know where. I am wondering if there is really strong financial incentive
for Sedo to keep this feature. Seems like a much worse version of Ryanair model. Remember how they used to hide "no thanks" under long dropdown lists, not even somewhere on the top, but in the middle of options. In Sedo's case, they don't even mention this when you enroll.

•••
So this was indeed zero click. After disabling zero click, all domains go to parking page as intended.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back