Domain Empire

Sedo parking department should really go to hell

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am satisfied with sedo domain trasfer and sales department. However, sedo parking department are the worst one I have seen. My suggestion: If your names have big traffic but are not general words like blue.com or somethings that the stupid sedo parking staff can make an easy understanding of the traffic, you'd better move it or do google adsense yourself.

They are not google who has the ability to make a real judgement of the traffic. They think they are genius and just use their stupid head to do the judgement. For example, if their stupid staff don't know what is playstation, and you have playstation.com parked there with huge traffic. Instead of doing a research of what is playstation, they will just use their genius head to make a judgement: Wow, this traffic is too big for a parked domain, it's not nautral and I need to close it with our standard two-email procedure. The first email pretend that they want to know why this traffic is so big and they are listening to your explaination. (Actually, they don't care about your reply. No matter what your explaination is, they will go to their second standard email). Then, they send out their second email after 24 hours pretending they have done an audit of your account and claim the traffic is not natural and of course steal your money. Actually, they know nothing about conversation rate. They are just third-level ads provider.

The only one who benefits from this kind of stupid action is people who are responsible for "fraud clicks" at sedo. If they don't block some traffic and suspend some accounts, they will make themselves look useless and maybe lose their job. However, they don't have the ability to make real judgement and they dare not allow their boss know this. The only choice for these useless nuts is to pretend they are blocking some "fraud" traffics and report this to their boss as an achievement. They don't care about the real loss of the company, they just care about their job and salary and of course chance to be promoted.

These nuts should really go to hell.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have had good experiences with Sedo -- is there a concerete example you could share with us? Traffic quality and origin is an important issue.

•••
If you don't have big-traffic domains that are "not general" and making more than $200/month, they are ok.

Last edited:
•••
zhisede said:
If you don't have domains that are not general but with huge traffic and making more than $200/month, they are ok.

Right, I understand this. I'm just wondering what the term is that the parking rep couldn't identify. Certainly there are some specialized industry terms. Was your traffic from natural type-ins?

•••
such as a name of a popular japan game that they know nothing about.

such as the just-dropped name khas.com, which is a type error of khastv.com and don't have any trademark problems. If the owner parked khas.com at sedo and make more than $200/month, his account will 100% be suspended with the standard two-email procedures.

If they do a simple google search, they can find out why the traffic is big, but they don't. I think they don't even look at your explaination. They are just addicted to their standard two-email procedures. In this way, the machines are doing the job, they can live much more confortable.

They are too stupid to understand these traffic and always claim these traffic is not natural. What a lie!

Last edited:
•••
Here's a quick idea, move to someplace else where you can add your own kw's. :)

•••
if they earn cash on deleting accounts so they think why not do this :)

•••
Yeah, :) , they are paid by deleting big traffic accounts, not by deleting fraud accounts. They have sucessfully blocked so many "fraud accounts" and "big frauders". Their boss must be proud of them and give them more money as rewards of such great achievement.

dnb8 said:
if they earn cash on deleting accounts so they think why not do this :)

Last edited:
•••
Sorry to hear of your problems. Maybe you could try Namedrive.com as an alternative?

There is 2,700,000 hits for khas on google japan. But the very first page is about khas tv, a television station. What keyword did you use? Not khas or TV? For example, I used "Nintendo" for my wii domains as nothing comes up yet for the keyword "wii" so maybe you should use "game" for your keyword the next place you park at.

•••
one of the domainer i know had a similar experience with SEDO as above. the sedo staffs send a lame explantion email and than cancelation email after 24 hours without listening to your reasons that why you are getting high traffic on your domain name. his domain name had high linking so sedo automatically thought he is "cheating" if he gets high traffic. also they cancel the account few days before payment deadline. He moved all this 167 names to other parking service. he is happy with them and making more money than sedo.
I also hear similar stories on other forums about cancelation of account before payment deadline.
SEDO is a goofy company according to me after my feature listing problem. They are too big and under staff or staff are just simply a moron high school kids.

Last edited:
•••
You are obviously very upset, and it's unfortunate you feel you have been wronged in some way. I'm still not completely understanding the specifics of this case, other than them not knowing the name of a Japanese game.

SEDO has their share of problems just like any large company, but from what I've seen, the majority of their customers are happy. I personally have never had any significant problems with them, and have never been accused of fake/fraud traffic or clicks, and I have lots of domains parked there getting lots of traffic.

zhisede said:
...stupid sedo parking staff...

...their stupid head...

...their stupid staff...

...their genius head to make a judgement...

...this kind of stupid action...

...these useless nuts...

...These nuts should really go to hell...

Yes, but how do you really feel? ;)

•••
Sedo sounds more like 1and1.com everyday imo...dump them and move to another provider...I use NameDrive and I make literally 100 times more and I don't have to deal with their lame staff

•••
I don't have high traffic names parked there, but I know people who have similar problems with sedo.

•••
<---no problemo with sedo even with high revenue...

•••
it works the same way as google.

to protect their own advertiser, they have to do that.

but yes, i will definitely look out for sedo now.

•••
Sedo's customer service used to be very poor. Their PPC revenue certainly not the best in the industry.

All Sedo's flag bearer should agree with me on this.

But sedo has pledge to improve their services. They want to deliver the best. I've heard their say. I'll give them a second try.

I'll keep you guys update with latest performance once i try out my names on their parking program.

V

•••
Ouch.... I guess for the time being I will stay where I am at http://1plus.net

I have a few sites parked and I have made squat so far but I am hoping this will pick up. Some of the domains had some decent traffic before I parked them.

What would make 1plus much better would be ad placement. www.click4all.com ... This is parked.. Notice where the adds are... Kind of crappy..

So far after reading these posts I have not heard of anything better....

•••
Sedo has to be the best place to sell going by DnJournal sales but it does appear they are not putting enough input into improving services for PPC.

Sedo need to play catch up in the parking department IMO - saying that, NameDrive can devote all its time to PPC as it does not sell on behalf of the domain owners.

I personally think sedo should be offering any improvments - ie SedoPro to all its customers, not just to the chosen few :td:

I find it hard to understand how none of the parking companies seem to do well with the search engines ?? - If they devoted some more time to that instead of just making pages look a bit "Prettier" maybe we would all be making alot more in PPC.

•••
yeah better change to namedrive.. if they dun want the clicks...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back