Dynadot

advice Sedo ownership verification with Domain Cost Club

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bob Hawkes

Top Member
NameTalent.com
Impact
IGNORE THiS I THINK I HAVE FIGURED IT OUT> IF I HAVE SUCCESS I WILL POST THE STEPS BELOW FOR OTHERS>

I have a query in to their support, but I suspect someone on NamePros has already dealt with this.

I am wanting to place on Sedo some domain names that are registered at Domain Cost Club (DCC). Sedo now require that you add a code as a TXT setting in the DNS to verify that you have control of the domain name. I have successfully done this with domains at NameCOM, Namecheap and Alpnames, and know how to do it for my names at Porkbun, Epik and Namesilo (yes, I know I deal with too many registrars :xf.wink:) but I can't seem to see a way to do it at DCC.

They allow custom DNS, but I don't see an option for creating TXT records.

I know there are others on here who use DCC and I presume have been through this. Any advice is welcomed.

As a trial I did set one of my domains to the DNS settings for Sedo parking, even though they say that you should first verify the domain name before turning on parking.

Thanks,

Bob

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
OK I am still waiting for this to propagate through and be recognized by Sedo but at Domain Cost Club you need to for your domain DNS settings select

" I want to use DCC's Nameservers and Zone Editor
(Recommended for Advanced Users Only!)"

Once you have done that it will make a zone editor link active for the domain. In that you create a TXT from the pull down menu, and enter your personal verification code from Sedo, and then save it (everything else as default works I think).

I presume that after Sedo have authorized my ownership, I no longer will need to keep it set to this? (Does someone know if that is true, that once authorized you don't need to keep the TXT record on longer if you want to go back to one of the other DNS options).

Bob

Edit -- yes this has now worked for me, just took about 15 minutes to be recognized by Sedo.

Last edited:
•••
Yes I use Sedo's self verification method wait till the domains get verified. Only then I set custom DNS.

•••
IGNORE THiS I THINK I HAVE FIGURED IT OUT> IF I HAVE SUCCESS I WILL POST THE STEPS BELOW FOR OTHERS>

I have a query in to their support, but I suspect someone on NamePros has already dealt with this.

I am wanting to place on Sedo some domain names that are registered at Domain Cost Club (DCC). Sedo now require that you add a code as a TXT setting in the DNS to verify that you have control of the domain name. I have successfully done this with domains at NameCOM, Namecheap and Alpnames, and know how to do it for my names at Porkbun, Epik and Namesilo (yes, I know I deal with too many registrars :xf.wink:) but I can't seem to see a way to do it at DCC.

They allow custom DNS, but I don't see an option for creating TXT records.

I know there are others on here who use DCC and I presume have been through this. Any advice is welcomed.

As a trial I did set one of my domains to the DNS settings for Sedo parking, even though they say that you should first verify the domain name before turning on parking.

Thanks,

Bob

Solution
Host your own server with BIND(DNS) service, then add the txt records into it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back